Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Strongest Character Supermage You Could Defeat

"Supermage" you in this case means you with the power of all 9 mage the ascension spheres. You don't suffer paradox nor have the general limits of using said magic. If the effect is described in the link, you can use it at will. You are effectively a reality warper with the 9 spheres up to 5 dots as your limit.

Who is the strongest being you could defeat with such power?

The Great Lakes Avengers. Maybe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    "Supermage" you in this case means you with the power of all 9 mage the ascension spheres. You don't suffer paradox nor have the general limits of using said magic. If the effect is described in the link, you can use it at will. You are effectively a reality warper with the 9 spheres up to 5 dots as your limit.

Who is the strongest being you could defeat with such power?
    I think beings you are unable to defeat can even exist theoretically.

Err you do know that stage nine in all spheres (which I think is highest tier) makes you a multiverse being that can affect said planes of existence. Only multiverse brings would be a threat to competent super mage me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Err you do know that stage nine in all spheres (which I think is highest tier) makes you a multiverse being that can affect said planes of existence. Only multiverse brings would be a threat to competent super mage me.
    OP says 5 dots in 9 spheres, not 9 dots in 9 spheres.

Also no, in theory the highest dot in a sphere is the 10th dot.

Oh right. :Smacks self.: So no God Hood here. 5 in each dot. Well can still take out street levelers and some lower tier hitters. Entropy screws with odds after all.

With a combination of all the spheres (Or a more efficient lesser number) could you create a small field around you that'd repel any form of attack back on the attacker? Spirit & Mind & Prime & Forces for various esoterics, Matter/Life/Forces for physical strikes, Entropy for affecting the luck of yourself/others for Luck powers and to help effect the redirection, Time & Correspondence for it to sense and react to speedsters and time-tricks you can't normally detect, and Correspondence of course to bend space enough for them to target themselves with whatever.

I'm not sure what would overpower the redirect effect though, I'd have to rely on someone more knowledgeable of 5 dot Spheres. Still I'm confident a few other tricks in combination might help you keep your foes fighting themselves more than you.
    Last edited by Dalak; 01-01-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Probably myself ?

I mean at the very least I wouldn't need to rely on the stars aligning to break my own godsdamned spell.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Even with 'only' five dots in each sphere, with no paradox that's still pretty insane. Especially once you start combining spheres.

I figured you could manage being a semi-regular Dr. Strange villain.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Even with 'only' five dots in each sphere, with no paradox that's still pretty insane. Especially once you start combining spheres.

I figured you could manage being a semi-regular Dr. Strange villain.
    That's well more than a bit much if you mean Classic Strange.

About how much Force can a 5 dot Force Sphere deal with? Could you have a Force spell unleash force, then Entropy effect an equal amount of force via lucky accurate strike, and other spheres add in their shares in different ways to effectively punch above your weight limit?

A similar question would be: How much can a 5 dot Life Sphere do to enhance your durability, strength, or speed? Could those be enhanced by other spheres (like Time or Force) to boost the effect as well?

These things are often dependant on things like "how many successes did you get to create a particular effect's strength", is the difficulty of answering such questions.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    About how much Force can a 5 dot Force Sphere deal with? Could you have a Force spell unleash force, then Entropy effect an equal amount of force via lucky accurate strike, and other spheres add in their shares in different ways to effectively punch above your weight limit?

A similar question would be: How much can a 5 dot Life Sphere do to enhance your durability, strength, or speed? Could those be enhanced by other spheres (like Time or Force) to boost the effect as well?
    Well for forces the link mentions creating typhoons on a calm day. So the energy of a typhoon is a good starting place. Which according to this page is equal at base to a category 1 hurricane. Which looking at the orders of magnitude energy page on wiki is 6×10^14 Joules per second, somewhere around 150 kiloton nuke level.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    These things are often dependant on things like "how many successes did you get to create a particular effect's strength", is the difficulty of answering such questions.
    As the OP said we don't have the general sorts of limits like having to roll successes, I figure we'd get 'Succeeds without special emphasis' results with our At Will spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Well for forces the link mentions creating typhoons on a calm day. So the energy of a typhoon is a good starting place. Which according to this page is equal at base to a category 1 hurricane. Which looking at the orders of magnitude energy page on wiki is 6×10^14 Joules per second, somewhere around 150 kiloton nuke level.
    Whoa, correct me if I'm wrong but does this mean it could redirect a decent Class 100 punch without getting into DC Superbrick territory?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    OP says 5 dots in 9 spheres, not 9 dots in 9 spheres.

Also no, in theory the highest dot in a sphere is the 10th dot.
    Is this New WoD? I thought in the old one 5 was as high as it went, so I was thinking "Godly super-power" too.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!