Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

MALICE: I'm actually a lil' worried about this, TBH. What with the upcoming developments in Blue, and then that pic of Emma from way back early on, of her specifically readin' a comic when Lorna was possessed... IDK, it's makin' me nervous.

The BABY: I'm kinda w/silence. on this one, 'cause...

... Claire from Lost left me with SUCH bad memories, she was SO annoying!

Every ep it was like, "Ma BABEE, ma BABEE!!", it drove me CRAZY!

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    MALICE: I'm actually a lil' worried about this, TBH. What with the upcoming developments in Blue, and then that pic of Emma from way back early on, of her specifically readin' a comic when Lorna was possessed... IDK, it's makin' me nervous.

They spent the overwhelming bulk of the season explaining that Lorna's is fighting for her baby to grow up in a world without fear of murder by Sentinels or Hounds on the show and in interviews. At times I felt they lapsed into over doing the build up, but not to a toxic level and its what they have done though a legion of interviews and lots of debates inside the Underground and with Lorna and Eclipse. A possession would be an entirely different story.

Deciding to fight an organization that is hunting you with killer machines and slaves not just hiding is a legitimate point a view. How one fight back of course matters and there is a world of difference between terrorism against civilians and hiding like the Underground. If they decides there is no middle ground and no honorable person could make the decision without virtual or actual mental control then it probably would probably lower my opinion on the show the most to date. We don't know they have made that decision of course.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-03-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I don’t think they’re going to introduce Malice. It seems a bit off the wall in a more grounded show.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I don’t think they’re going to introduce Malice. It seems a bit off the wall in a more grounded show.
    Something seems to be up with the black ring you saw this ep and in the preview or Emma teases it at 1:32 a little while back. Lorna deciding she needed a boost after Dreamers death and it causing the power up and the power up leading to a degree of power corruption would be fine as it wouldn't undermine the story, but a possession would be certainly a mistake.

The writers so far have not made such a mistake in regard to the character's story and I hope the show closes out its season without doing so.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-03-2018 at 11:52 AM.

The Esme/Lorna scene in regard to Lorna's background in episode 11 now up.

https://twitter.com/TheGiftedonFOX/s...14963618131968

In terms of their conversations before and during I detected no significant morality difference... or https://twitter.com/TheGiftedonFOX/s...62017352450048.

But, a huge difference in the two in terms of altruism as in Esme is mainly looking out for herself, followed by her sisters, while having not the highest regard even here for the mutants some of which she tossed under the bus this episode while Lorna is pure altruism which is "the belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others" mind you these others she is concerned for the well being of are mutants starting with her child then the rest of mutants and where humans are on a different rubric.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-03-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

where the other 2 sisters could be?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    ESP

not SPICE

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    To be fair I think if it's 'Malice' it'd be a very different version. Probably instead of an actual character Malice would just be a 'power up' tool that comes with a price like making them lose some moral control. It'd be more like Kick I suppose, which in itself might help tie in a story about the other Frost twins' fate (obviously that's if what I suspect is true and the new character will be a Hellfire plant masquerading as someone affiliated with the lost X-Peeps). But then again, this is all supposition. If whatever happens is written well I'll tune in.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    where the other 2 sisters could be?

I'm guessing dead, if acknowledged at all. Esme did a lot to get SP back that it wouldn't make sense that she isn't as focused on getting IC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    To be fair I think if it's 'Malice' it'd be a very different version. Probably instead of an actual character Malice would just be a 'power up' tool that comes with a price like making them lose some moral control. It'd be more like Kick I suppose, which in itself might help tie in a story about the other Frost twins' fate (obviously that's if what I suspect is true and the new character will be a Hellfire plant masquerading as someone affiliated with the lost X-Peeps). But then again, this is all supposition. If whatever happens is written well I'll tune in.
    It’s a flashback of many years in the past so someone would have to be playing a very long game.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-04-2018 at 12:48 AM.

BANNED

Anyone else notice that Esme moved the Black Queen piece on the chess board?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Anyone else notice that Esme moved the Black Queen piece on the chess board?
    No, I didn’t notice, but looking at it yes she checkmated it by moving the Black Queen.

One could image the importance of the ring there. But, I would say Esme should be careful what she wishes for in that regard.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-08-2018 at 12:28 PM.