• Yes

12 35.29%
  • No

18 52.94%
  • Don't know / no opinion

4 11.76%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

How about a Jonn book where he finds young powered ppl and he trains them or brings them into the hero game.

Idk what better guy to work with all kinds of powers than a guy who has tons of them himself.

Also he is the heart of the JL,and he is ALL about being on the team,so who better to talk and bring in new blood

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    . . . Also he is the heart of the JL,and he is ALL about being on the team,so who better to talk and bring in new blood
    He was what some people considered "the heart" of the JL prior to the post-Flashpoint continuity, but if/how much of that still exists / has been restored in present continuity is still uncertain, isn't it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    He was what some people considered "the heart" of the JL prior to the post-Flashpoint continuity, but if/how much of that still exists / has been restored in present continuity is still uncertain, isn't it?

Hey just like how you like to bring up past versions,I'm doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Hey just like how you like to bring up past versions, I'm doing the same.
    I'm just saying you were talking as if all his past automatically carried over into current continuity when that may not be the case. And if it hasn't, DC will have to do extra set-up to have it make sense to readers who weren't following the pre-Flashpoint or the animated Young Justice versions of J'onn.

BANNED

Let me rephrase something I said earlier, to make clear that it's a truism.

-- If it's been shown that there aren't enough buyers to support a comic or a character, then there also aren't enough buyers to veto a revision of that comic or character. So you should go ahead and change something.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post

-- If it's been shown that there aren't enough buyers to support a comic or a character, then there also aren't enough buyers to veto a revision of that comic or character. So you should go ahead and change something.
    Sometimes, people don't buy a comic book even if they like a character due to other reasons (like they don't like writing and/or the artwork), so I wouldn't quite call it a "truism".

BANNED

I'm just saying you were talking as if all his past automatically carried over into current continuity when that may not be the case. And if it hasn't, DC will have to do extra set-up to have it make sense to readers who weren't following the pre-Flashpoint or the animated Young Justice versions of J'onn.
    Yeah like comic characters not carrying over into current contuinty.

They would then have to change about 99% of comic characters then.

Tweaks are cool,anymore than that and you lose who the character is,and at that point you should have just made another completely separate character altogether.

In a vague, general sense, I think you're right.

But there's a lot more to sale figures than just the main character/s.

In the case of J'onn, who has never done well as a solo act, I think you're right. But this has to be consistent across a wide period of time, different creators, and different approaches. Otherwise you're running the risk of confusing "unpopular run" with "unworkable character" and those are two very different things with different root problems and different sets of solutions.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

The MM is a relatively unpopular character. DC can leave him the way he is now to make his relatively few fans happy, and can continue to make no money with him, or they can change him somehow. That's an easy decision, isn't it? Especially since the era of trying things over again while making no changes in them seems to be definitely over at DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    I would prefer MM and Batman. The contrast between the two could work like Batman and Superman.
    And since both of them have a background as detectives they could work together on cases like that.
    So you want to see MM deminished to make Batman look good? Because that's the only way it would work.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    So you want to see MM deminished to make Batman look good? Because that's the only way it would work.
    No that makes no sense? Batman has worked fine with others in the past, including MM, without the other character looking bad. Yeah if you use the Bat-god version so many writers like to do its a problem but it does not have to be the case. But really my point was just more that I would find it more interesting then an ongoing superman/MM team up book.

BANNED

The MM is a relatively unpopular character. DC can leave him the way he is now to make his relatively few fans happy, and can continue to make no money with him, or they can change him somehow. That's an easy decision, isn't it? Especially since the era of trying things over again while making no changes in them seems to be definitely over at DC.

He is not relatively unpopular,he just can't hold a series,there is a huge difference.

Like I said,tweaks are good,but you need the character to be recognizable or it's not the same character.

BTW why do I feel this thread is a anti appreciation thread against Jonn? Shouldn't hate for hate sake be pointed out and shunned

The MM is a relatively unpopular character.
    Again with the wild and unsubstantiated claims?

This sold 22,211 copies through Diamond back in June.

It did better through Diamond than the Legion of Super Heroes Bugs Bunny Special and Jonah Hex Yosemite Sam Special, though not as well as Batman Elmer Fudd Special, the Wonder Woman Tasmanian Devil Special, or the Lobo Road Runner Special (which sold 22,593 copies).

Again with the wild and unsubstantiated claims?
    It does seem to be his trademark.

BANNED

I would say eccentricity is his trademark lol. he always has the most quaint ideas about being the saviour of the comic book industry lol.