View Poll Results: Are You Excited for a New Professor X Book?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, very excited to see what Charles Soule has in the works

15 30.61%
  • No (Please Explain)

34 69.39%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default New Professor X Solo by Charles Soule?

charles soule is wishing everyone a happy new year for 2018 and has released a surprise announcement.

many thanks to dignified on the marvel comics forums for alerting the community to this news.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Soule View Post
    Yes, there’s a big Marvel thing in the works. I think you will like it. Trying to take an existing character and let them be seen in a fresh way. Not easy, but definitely wonderful. Very very excited to work with the artists on this.
    this sounds like a follow-up sequel to astonishing x-men to me. what do you guys think? is the professor getting his own solo comic? wonder who the artists are ..

source:https://charlessoule.wordpress.com/2...the-last-blog/

Astonishing is already Xavier solo so I am not surprised.

BANNED

I'm probably one of the 5 peoplein the whole world who'll buy anything Fantomex related so... yeah, sign me up. Charlie pulling an Ock on Charlie with Charlie acting as a Force Ghost sounds neat. If that's really what this is.

Astonishing Member

I can't see him in a solo title. He works better in a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I can't see him in a solo title. He works better in a team.
    Even a solo title has a supporting cast. I'm sure this wouldn't be an exception.

BANNED

Will probably be crap like the rest of Soule's X-work. Plus Carey already did a perfect Xavier solo run.

Extraordinary Member

It is probably Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is probably Wolverine.
    Man, I really hope you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    charles soule is wishing everyone a happy new year for 2018 and has released a surprise announcement.

many thanks to dignified on the marvel comics forums for alerting the community to this news.

this sounds like a follow-up sequel to astonishing x-men to me. what do you guys think? is the professor getting his own solo comic? wonder who the artists are ..

Are you sure this is about X? It could just as easily be about Wolverine or Cyclops. Soule has written them both pretty significantly in the last 3 or 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Are you sure this is about X? It could just as easily be about Wolverine or Cyclops. Soule has written them both pretty significantly in the last 3 or 4 years.
    no one is "sure" of anything - this is soule's announcement and he's being a bit secretive.

i'm using the method of logical induction to make an assumption as to what he is talking about. if you have another theory, we'd be happy to hear it.

my proofs:

1. soule just finished astonishing x-men run
    2. soule just brought back professor x
    3. soule brought "existing character" professor x back in "a fresh way"
    4. soule has not yet had a chance to expand on this new introduction
    5. soule just announced a new book for "an existing character -- in a fresh way"

what proofs do you have to assume it would be cyclop or wolverine?

no one is "sure" of anything - this is soule's announcement and he's being a bit secretive.

i'm using the method of logical induction to make an assumption as to what he is talking about. if you have another theory, we'd be happy to hear it.

my proofs:

1. soule just finished astonishing x-men run
    2. soule just brought back professor x
    3. soule brought "existing character" professor x back in "a fresh way"
    4. soule has not yet had a chance to expand on this new introduction
    5. soule just announced a new book for "an existing character -- in a fresh way"

what proofs do you have to assume it would be cyclop or wolverine?

When I first saw this article I thought about Xavier too.

BANNED

Oh, Astonishing is just 12 issues? Weird, I thought his third act would take more than 2 or 3 issues (since issue 9 is part of A Man Called X, the second act). Oh, well. Could really be Chuck's solo. I'm actually excited about the possibility! Soule has been ranging from average to really good outside of the Inhumans. I'm almost thinking they're becoming a poisoned well unless you're Saladin Ahmed or Matthew Rosenberg.

I wonder if there really is any kind of market for a Professor X solo in Fantomex's body .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if there really is any kind of market for a Professor X solo in Fantomex's body .
    our professor is beloved and he is missed by many. i have an interest, hopefully this artist is good

BANNED

I'll die inside if it's Professor X hopping and sneaking around in Fantomex's body. That's just incredibly dumb.