View Poll Results: Are You Excited for a New Professor X Book?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, very excited to see what Charles Soule has in the works

    15 30.61%
  • No (Please Explain)

    34 69.39%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Extraordinary Member AcesX1X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,753

    Default New Professor X Solo by Charles Soule?

    charles soule is wishing everyone a happy new year for 2018 and has released a surprise announcement.

    many thanks to dignified on the marvel comics forums for alerting the community to this news.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Soule View Post
    Yes, there’s a big Marvel thing in the works. I think you will like it. Trying to take an existing character and let them be seen in a fresh way. Not easy, but definitely wonderful. Very very excited to work with the artists on this.
    this sounds like a follow-up sequel to astonishing x-men to me. what do you guys think? is the professor getting his own solo comic? wonder who the artists are ..

    source:https://charlessoule.wordpress.com/2...the-last-blog/

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,115

    Default

    Astonishing is already Xavier solo so I am not surprised.

  3. #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Technopolis
    Posts
    591

    Default

    I'm probably one of the 5 peoplein the whole world who'll buy anything Fantomex related so... yeah, sign me up. Charlie pulling an Ock on Charlie with Charlie acting as a Force Ghost sounds neat. If that's really what this is.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    I can't see him in a solo title. He works better in a team.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I can't see him in a solo title. He works better in a team.
    Even a solo title has a supporting cast. I'm sure this wouldn't be an exception.

    This Week's Comics:House of X #5, GI Joe #1, James Bond 007 #11, Beasts of Burden HC vol 2

  6. #6
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,561

    Default

    Will probably be crap like the rest of Soule's X-work. Plus Carey already did a perfect Xavier solo run.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,932

    Default

    It is probably Wolverine.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Ulfhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    charles soule is wishing everyone a happy new year for 2018 and has released a surprise announcement.

    many thanks to dignified on the marvel comics forums for alerting the community to this news.



    this sounds like a follow-up sequel to astonishing x-men to me. what do you guys think? is the professor getting his own solo comic? wonder who the artists are ..

    source:https://charlessoule.wordpress.com/2...the-last-blog/
    Are you sure this is about X? It could just as easily be about Wolverine or Cyclops. Soule has written them both pretty significantly in the last 3 or 4 years.

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member AcesX1X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Are you sure this is about X? It could just as easily be about Wolverine or Cyclops. Soule has written them both pretty significantly in the last 3 or 4 years.
    no one is "sure" of anything - this is soule's announcement and he's being a bit secretive.

    i'm using the method of logical induction to make an assumption as to what he is talking about. if you have another theory, we'd be happy to hear it.

    my proofs:

    1. soule just finished astonishing x-men run
    2. soule just brought back professor x
    3. soule brought "existing character" professor x back in "a fresh way"
    4. soule has not yet had a chance to expand on this new introduction
    5. soule just announced a new book for "an existing character -- in a fresh way"

    what proofs do you have to assume it would be cyclop or wolverine?

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    no one is "sure" of anything - this is soule's announcement and he's being a bit secretive.

    i'm using the method of logical induction to make an assumption as to what he is talking about. if you have another theory, we'd be happy to hear it.

    my proofs:

    1. soule just finished astonishing x-men run
    2. soule just brought back professor x
    3. soule brought "existing character" professor x back in "a fresh way"
    4. soule has not yet had a chance to expand on this new introduction
    5. soule just announced a new book for "an existing character -- in a fresh way"

    what proofs do you have to assume it would be cyclop or wolverine?

    When I first saw this article I thought about Xavier too.

  11. #11
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,691

    Default

    I wonder if there really is any kind of market for a Professor X solo in Fantomex's body .

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member AcesX1X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if there really is any kind of market for a Professor X solo in Fantomex's body .
    our professor is beloved and he is missed by many. i have an interest, hopefully this artist is good

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Ulfhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    no one is "sure" of anything - this is soule's announcement and he's being a bit secretive.

    i'm using the method of logical induction to make an assumption as to what he is talking about. if you have another theory, we'd be happy to hear it.

    my proofs:

    1. soule just finished astonishing x-men run
    2. soule just brought back professor x
    3. soule brought "existing character" professor x back in "a fresh way"
    4. soule has not yet had a chance to expand on this new introduction
    5. soule just announced a new book for "an existing character -- in a fresh way"

    what proofs do you have to assume it would be cyclop or wolverine?
    That's not proof, just elegant supposition. As you said no one is "sure" about anything therefore no proofs will be forthcoming.

    As for your list, writers don't always work on the same characters between books, and Wolverine and Cyclops are "existing" characters. Being alive or dead in current continuity doesn't prevent them from existing. To me the opposite of existing would be a new character, not a dead character. As for Charlie walking around in a borrowed superhero body... I'll pass. The most interesting thing about him was his idealogical stand and serving as a counter to Magneto and a mentor to the students back in the day. These roles are all adequately filled by existing x-men. I'm not sure what the draw would be at this point. Are there people clamoring to have him back, and like this?

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member AcesX1X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    That's not proof, just elegant supposition. As you said no one is "sure" about anything therefore no proofs will be forthcoming.

    As for your list, writers don't always work on the same characters between books, and Wolverine and Cyclops are "existing" characters. Being alive or dead in current continuity doesn't prevent them from existing. To me the opposite of existing would be a new character, not a dead character. As for Charlie walking around in a borrowed superhero body... I'll pass. The most interesting thing about him was his idealogical stand and serving as a counter to Magneto and a mentor to the students back in the day. These roles are all adequately filled by existing x-men. I'm not sure what the draw would be at this point. Are there people clamoring to have him back, and like this?
    speculation based on evidence

    i am open to your ideas if you can support your theory with evidence.

    cyclop or wolverine are baseless speculation thus far

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    no one is "sure" of anything - this is soule's announcement and he's being a bit secretive.

    i'm using the method of logical induction to make an assumption as to what he is talking about. if you have another theory, we'd be happy to hear it.

    my proofs:

    1. soule just finished astonishing x-men run
    2. soule just brought back professor x
    3. soule brought "existing character" professor x back in "a fresh way"
    4. soule has not yet had a chance to expand on this new introduction
    5. soule just announced a new book for "an existing character -- in a fresh way"

    what proofs do you have to assume it would be cyclop or wolverine?
    1. Soule killed both Wolverine and Cyclops.
    2. Wolverine just came back. Maybe Cyclops next?
    3. That is actually an argument against, as by the time the secret project comes out, it won't be a fresh idea.
    4. He has 6 more issues.
    5. That is just repeating the statement, not evidence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •