View Poll Results: Are You Excited for a New Professor X Book?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, very excited to see what Charles Soule has in the works

15 30.61%
  • No (Please Explain)

34 69.39%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Stan Lee in FantomX's body?
    professor does seem to have taken on some of stan lee's more jovial nature.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    sorry, but you did not and you know you didn't. if you're going to provide a counterpoint, you could at least try to put an effort into it.

if you don't think it's the professor, i'm certainly here to read a well-reasoned argument otherwise, as i'm sure the rest of the board would be as well.
    I literally just did. You made 5 points as to why, I addressed those 5 points by both countering them with reasons why they did not support that it would be Professor X or that the same reasoning could support another character that people have mentioned.

I'm not even convinced it will be an X-Men character yet. I'll add another reason, I doubt Marvel feels like wasting Soule and a team of artists on a follow-up to this story. They would be more likely to have someone else do that and have Soule and big name artists launch something else.

If you care to counter my points, and they are nicely listed by number just as yours were, feel free, but please stop telling me I did not make any effort in responding, or that it is not well reasoned, as I carefully weighed each point you made and thought how it would be valid given other opinions out there.

That tactic of acting like no one else is constructing a valid opinion is tired.

what's "tired" is you acting bored with an OP you disagree with and then dishonestly stringing together letters random words to feign some attempt at interest.

the rest of your argument. ..

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I'm not even convinced it will be an X-Men character yet. I'll add another reason, I doubt Marvel feels like wasting Soule and a team of artists on a follow-up to this story. They would be more likely to have someone else do that and have Soule and big name artists launch something else.
    ...is way more sincere and something people can actually discuss in a healthy and productive way.

i certainly am not "convinced" it's an x-character yet, but so far, all signs point to x. if you go back and read coverage on astonishing, bringing the professor back seems a big passion of soule's, something he is committed to.

to think that's not something he'd want to follow-up on seems ... naive at best. at least to me.

as for cyclops and wolverine, if you really do think they would be contenders, here are my reasons why i don't think it's either of them:

1. wolverine - his return is already being handled by a much more high-profile team and should be considered locked away until this infinity stuff is wrapped -- if it ever is in 2018.

2. cyclops - soule literally just killed him. it was an ugly death, an embarrassing one, and a very disrespectful one. soule seems to be trying to do the exact opposite with the return of professor, and along with, the rest of the astonishing team.

As long as he stops writing Gambit then good luck to you Soule. Can't say it's been enjoyable and may you never write Gambit again.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    As long as he stops writing Gambit then good luck to you Soule. Can't say it's been enjoyable and may you never write Gambit again.
    you think he doesn't write a good gambit? no spoilers for today's astonishing, but i think he did a good job with remy, especially ...

spoilers:
    when gambit and OML confronted archangel after professor's "gift"
    end of spoilers

you think he doesn't write a good gambit? no spoilers for today's astonishing, but i think he did a good job with remy, especially ...

spoilers:
    when gambit and OML confronted archangel after professor's "gift"
    end of spoilers
    Nah I thought that was embarrassing watching OML and Gambit act like Archangel is some grave threat. I am worn out with everyone else being made to look good at the expense of Gambit. Not to mention the stuff with Rogue made me want to throw up.

Overall, I thought his AXM had a good story but that was limited to Xavier and Fanto. Everyone else was really just wallpaper. Felt worse for Bishop as at least Gambit had a few decent scenes when possessed. It's been 7 issues and Bishop literally has done nothing except get his ass kicked.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

that's true. i wonder if soule has a bigger role in mind for bishop. narratively he makes sense to be there, since bishop almost killed professor himself once. and before that, he was obsessed with keeping professor and the x-men alive.

maybe bishop is meant to be professor's supporting cast soon ..

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Nah I thought that was embarrassing watching OML and Gambit act like Archangel is some grave threat. I am worn out with everyone else being made to look good at the expense of Gambit. Not to mention the stuff with Rogue made me want to throw up.

Overall, I thought his AXM had a good story but that was limited to Xavier and Fanto. Everyone else was really just wallpaper. Felt worse for Bishop as at least Gambit had a few decent scenes when possessed. It's been 7 issues and Bishop literally has done nothing except get his ass kicked.
    ...Archangel throws razor sharp nearly unbreakable knives, that are laced with a type of poison, from his wings while flying at high speeds through the air. On top of that depending on the day he lack any emotions to slow him down. What is not to be afraid of?

I understand you are a big Gambit fan and I also understand that Gambit is a powerful character in his own right. But logic dictates that throwing cards at a Flying target are rarely going to hit no matter how good of a marksmen you are. Especially from the distance Angel was at most of past few issues.

Let it go buddy. Under different circumstances the playing field may be more even but right now with how the story is written it fits.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Extraordinary Member

as for cyclops and wolverine, if you really do think they would be contenders, here are my reasons why i don't think it's either of them:

1. wolverine - his return is already being handled by a much more high-profile team and should be considered locked away until this infinity stuff is wrapped -- if it ever is in 2018.

2. cyclops - soule literally just killed him. it was an ugly death, an embarrassing one, and a very disrespectful one. soule seems to be trying to do the exact opposite with the return of professor, and along with, the rest of the astonishing team.
    I doubt is is Cyclops either, I just meant that I don't think Soule has any greater connection to Chuck than any other character, and I don't get the sense from his comment that the project he has coming up even has anything to do with something he wrote already.

As for 1), I honestly do not remember who is handling Wolverine's return. I believe he is being used to hype up the Infinity Not-Gems event and I wonder does it seem like the kind of story that is going to dwell too much on Logan's return?

If it ends up being a follow-up to Astonishing X-Men, I do hope it is billed as a team book still. I'm not sure anyone would buy a Professor X solo or a Fantomex solo, and a Chuck in Fanomex's body solo just seems doomed from a sales perspective. I certainly don't have the complaints other's do about his handling of the team-up here, and I only find Soule's Professor X intriguing so far (and in general) as to how he interacts with the other X-Men.

I'd like to see it. People complain when things are repeated and then complain when they do something new. It's all complaints, all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I'd like to see it. People complain when things are repeated and then complain when they do something new. It's all complaints, all the time.
    Complaining isn't anything new where have you been?

Soule is a horrible writer. Astonishing is a crap book. No good will come of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If it ends up being a follow-up to Astonishing X-Men, I do hope it is billed as a team book still. I'm not sure anyone would buy a Professor X solo or a Fantomex solo, and a Chuck in Fanomex's body solo just seems doomed from a sales perspective. I certainly don't have the complaints other's do about his handling of the team-up here, and I only find Soule's Professor X intriguing so far (and in general) as to how he interacts with the other X-Men.
    it's possible they just name it "X" (professor's new name) and have fantomex and people like bishop; archangel be his supporting cast. esp. since they don't really have a home in today's marvel comics outside of astonishing

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's Bishop.

BANNED

I love Fantomx. I hate Professor X.