View Poll Results: Are You Excited for a New Professor X Book?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, very excited to see what Charles Soule has in the works

15 30.61%
  • No (Please Explain)

34 69.39%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    ...Archangel throws razor sharp nearly unbreakable knives, that are laced with a type of poison, from his wings while flying at high speeds through the air. On top of that depending on the day he lack any emotions to slow him down. What is not to be afraid of?

I understand you are a big Gambit fan and I also understand that Gambit is a powerful character in his own right. But logic dictates that throwing cards at a Flying target are rarely going to hit no matter how good of a marksmen you are. Especially from the distance Angel was at most of past few issues.

Let it go buddy. Under different circumstances the playing field may be more even but right now with how the story is written it fits.
    You mean the unbreakable knives Gambit caught in the last issue and threw back at him and can make explode? Why would Gambit be afraid of that when he can dodge bullets and already showed he can catch those knives? The dialogue in this issue makes no sense based on Soule's own narrative. All those knives are per Soule's own narrative is ammo for Gambit.

And here is a thought. You have a guy flying around throwing ****, you simply walk inside. Duh! What is Archangel going to do Logan and Gambit if you take away his ability to fly by simply going inside a building and waiting. And not sure why OML even cares since he can heal. I repeat. He can heal.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    You mean the unbreakable knives Gambit caught in the last issue and threw back at him and can make explode? Why would Gambit be afraid of that when he can dodge bullets and already showed he can catch those knives? The dialogue in this issue makes no sense based on Soule's own narrative. All those knives are per Soule's own narrative is ammo for Gambit.

And here is a thought. You have a guy flying around throwing ****, you simply walk inside. Duh! What is Archangel going to do Logan and Gambit if you take away his ability to fly by simply going inside a building and waiting. And not sure why OML even cares since he can heal. I repeat. He can heal.
    There is no way Gambit could catch all the knives ArchAngel could throw at him at once. Sure he did it once but every attack? Come on. ArchAngel literally has made it "rain" blades in a few issues of X-Force. If Gambit was in closer range or had another weapon outside of playing cards (a bow maybe) then yeah ArchAngel would probably be screwed. But under the circumstances....nah. Gambit would have been toast.

Thats just the nature of comic heroes. In some circumstances they would come out on top, in others not so much. I mean even Spider-Man had trouble with Archangel at one point.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-03-2018 at 03:27 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

There is no way Gambit could catch all the knives ArchAngel could throw at him at once. Sure he did it once but every attack? Come on. ArchAngel literally has made it "rain" blades in a few issues of X-Force. If Gambit was in closer range or had another weapon outside of playing cards (a bow maybe) then yeah ArchAngel would probably be screwed. But under the circumstances....nah. Gambit would have been toast.

Thats just the nature of comic heroes. In some circumstances they would come out on top, in others not so much. I mean even Spider-Man had trouble with Archangel at one point.
    But we aren't talking just Gambit and Archangel. We are talking Gambit/OML and Archangel. Archangel can't really focus on just Gambit to rain down knives at him. And he has weapons outside of playing cards. He has Archangel's knives which he already caught.

And yes it is the nature of comic book heroes. There are plenty of scenarios where I can see Archangel coming out on top. Soule simply didn't write such a scenario. If he wanted me to believe Archangel was some grave threat the should have shown Gambit easily catching his knives and having OML fighting Archangel as well. It is simply a poorly constructed fight if in the following issue you were going to have Gambit and OML cowering.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    But we aren't talking just Gambit and Archangel. We are talking Gambit/OML and Archangel. Archangel can't really focus on just Gambit to rain down knives at him. And he has weapons outside of playing cards. He has Archangel's knives which he already caught.

And yes it is the nature of comic book heroes. There are plenty of scenarios where I can see Archangel coming out on top. Soule simply didn't write such a scenario. If he wanted me to believe Archangel was some grave threat the should have shown Gambit easily catching his knives and having OML fighting Archangel as well. It is simply a poorly constructed fight if in the following issue you were going to have Gambit and OML cowering.
    When you are writing a book with multiple characters you can't zone in on just three. Some of the stuff in the title was implied as to what happen.

I'm not sure you are getting the implied part since you keep saying OML and Gambit should have just went inside. Like Archangel would just follow them in instead of turning his sights on all the innocent civilians running around.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

When you are writing a book with multiple characters you can't zone in on just three. Some of the stuff in the title was implied as to what happen.

I'm not sure you are getting the implied part since you keep saying OML and Gambit should have just went inside. Like Archangel would just follow them in instead of turning his sights on all the innocent civilians running around.
    Then you probably shouldn't be writing them. My biggest beef with comics these days is large casts where the cast is not being fully utilized.

Archangel was attacking the possessed Gambit and OML in the last issue. That is what I meant by why not just go inside and let Archangel come to you since he was the one attacking.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

With the ArchAngel vs Gambit and OML we have to consider that Gambit and OML thought thy would be facing a ArchAngel that would not be holding back, but they may not be so willing to kill Arch Angel as decisively.