Manikin

Astonishing Member

Thank you, MajorHoy.

I've missed this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    • Sugar, Spice & ?

Sugar [2nd Ventriloquist]
    Sugar & Spice [Batman Forever 1995]

I’m going to combine concepts here. Since I fear Wesker will return and reclaim Scarface, I wish to repurpose Sugar, the second Ventriloquist.

I also wish to revive the duo of Sugar & Spice from the Batman Forever movie; I liked their scenes. Sugar would be persuasion and Spice would be intimidation.

To this pair, I will add a third…a doll to replace Scarface; a possessed dolly (...they quite popular in movies). You never see her move; no one sees her move… she moves. Her eyes sometimes glow…but they are made of light reflective material. You can hear a little girl’s laughter…but only you heard it. Bad things happen; misfortune favors the opponents of Sugar & Spice. I’m talking a little bad luck not an ancient curse here – unless someone is trying to do serious harm to Sugar and/or Spice; then, Watch Out! (It will slow the heroes down but does not stop them.) Done right, I think this could add a creepy atmosphere to the story as well as give S&S an edge.
    Sugar, Spice & Baby Doll...

why didn't I think of this before?
    Last edited by scary harpy; 06-30-2021 at 07:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Here's a list of some henchwomen with potential IMHO:

• Anna Gram [Riddler -Astin]
    • Betsy Boldface [Riddler]
    • Blaze [False Face]
    • Calamity Jan [Shame]
    • Chickadee [Penguin]
    • Cornelia [Joker]
    • Glacia Glaze [Freeze]
    • Lady Prudence Ffogg [Lord Ffogg]
    • Legs Parker [Ma Parker]
    • Lydia Limpet [Bookworm]
    • Millie Second [Clock King]
    • Miss Bacon [Egghead]
    • Miss Clean [Penguin]
    • Moth [Riddler]
    • Octavia [Minstrel]
    • Okie Annie [Shame]
    • Pussycat [Catwoman]
    Which-Batman-villain-should-receive-more-attention
    Last edited by scary harpy; 07-01-2021 at 08:03 AM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Not seeing a lot of love for Clayface IV, who I've always enjoyed. I'm hoping she makes it out of the Detective Comics arc with a direction to move forward.

Spellbinder (Fay Moffit) has always stuck with me as having great potential and an awesome/super 90's look. Maybe get her some parachute pants and let her fly.

Spellbinder.jpg
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    . . . Spellbinder (Fay Moffit) has always stuck with me as having great potential and an awesome/super 90's look. Maybe get her some parachute pants and let her fly.

Spellbinder.jpg
    Not many characters that look like they should have been drawn by Rob Liefeld . . .

Astonishing Member

Red Claw

Despite a striking visual design, I thought she was the most bland, generic terrorist threat for Batman to confront. I guess I was not alone in this opinion since no one did anything with this character.

On DeviantArt, someone suggested that Nyssa Raatko would be a better fit for the Red Claw name. I agree...because I think the original Red Claw needs to lose the name 'Red Claw'...and the color red!

I don't care if she's called Lavender Lotus; this villainess needs some attention in the form of revitalization.
    I will always hope someone creative starts revitalizing Batman's villainesses.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not many characters that look like they should have been drawn by Rob Liefeld . . .
    You just don't like anything this side of Neal Adams. Spellbinder's outfit is glorious in its era-specific ugliness.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    You just don't like anything this side of Neal Adams. Spellbinder's outfit is glorious in its era-specific ugliness.
    I agree (maybe not with the "glorious" word-choice, but . . . ), but I still stand by my comment that you-know-who should have drawn her (even though that means we wouldn't really see her feet and such).

Astonishing Member

Ruby Ryder a.k.a Star Ruby

A villainess with an Art Nouveau theme and/or obsession.

Ruby Ryder
    From a few Bob Haney stories in The Brave & the Bold back in the 1970s?

Fish Mahoney was such a great fun character on Gotham I'm surprised she never made the transition into the comics.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Fish Mahoney was such a great fun character on Gotham I'm surprised she never made the transition into the comics.
    Great suggestion. I would change her up for the comic book version and make her a waterfront criminal who runs her operation from the docks. She also has an exquisite yacht that she uses to throw parties for the who's who of Gotham and acquires damaging info about them to blackmail them. Fish would be a criminal who plagues the socialite circles of Gotham and is involved the import and export business.

Astonishing Member

Maria Mercedes "Fish" Mooney

I know her nickname "Fish" came from her cuttlefish DNA...

but Maria Mercedes Mooney should have a better nickname than that, imho.

Mercedes...

Pisces Moon...

BANNED

One thing that the Batman adaptations have always done well is to feature various female minions and henchwomen in addition to the named villains. Harley Quinn is obvious the most famous of these but now that she's a lead hero in her own right, she's not really able to fill the usual duties of a moll to just stand next to her boss looking pretty or eating knuckle sandwiches in a futile attempt to fight off the heroes.

Some of my favorites from the animated adaptations include Penguin's cocktail waitress bodyguards Jay, Raven, and Lark, who made a few appearances in TNBA including one where they face off against Roxy Rocket, another underrated cartoon originated cartoon, and also showed up in Mystery of the Batwoman going up against the title character.