Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Batvillainesses You'd Like to See More of in the Batbooks

So, many times the deadly dames of Gotham go unused or are marginalized.

Which characters are your favorite Batvillainesses in the Bat mythos?

Who do you think is undervalued or hasn't been explored enough yet? Do you have a favorite version of the character(s) and how would you introduce the villainess(es) back into the Batbooks?

What story do you want to tell with the character, in relation to the Bat family character you want them to go up against?

I miss Harley as a more out-and-out villain.

Catwoman. Seems like she is mostly just in the Batman comic book itself.

I want more naughty Harley
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-02-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Off the top of my head:

• Zelda the Great [Batman '66]
    • Whisper A'Daire
    • Tiger Moth
    • Sylph (maybe)
    • Sister Crystal
    • Silken Spider
    • Scorpiana
    • Roxy Rocket
    • Queen of Hearts
    • Nocturna
    • March Hare
    • Madam Zodiac
    • Mabel Mhurder
    • Magpie
    • Lady Spellbinder
    • Lynx [2nd Lynx] (maybe)
    • Kabuki Twins
    • Joker's Daughter
    • Jezebel Jet
    • Inque (maybe)
    • Harpy
    • Fright
    • Dragonfly
    • Curare
    • Calendar Girl
    • Absence

If they can upgrade Pigeon (Person), they can upgrade:

1. Sable Lady, the Mink Marauder
    2. The Midnight Ladies
    3. Jet-Set Jessie
    Last edited by scary harpy; 01-03-2018 at 11:21 AM.

I'm waiting for Sister Shard to reappear with whatever next level of cybernetics she's bound to have. I'm guessing a full-on endoskeleton at this point.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Off the top of my head:

• Zelda the Great [Batman '66]
    • Whisper A'Daire
    • Tiger Moth
    • Sylph (maybe)
    • Sister Crystal
    • Silken Spider
    • Scorpiana
    • Roxy Rocket
    • Queen of Hearts
    • Nocturna
    • March Hare
    • Madam Zodiac
    • Mabel Mhurder
    • Magpie
    • Lady Spellbinder
    • Lynx [2nd Lynx](maybe)
    • Kabuki Twins
    • Joker's Daughter
    • Jezebel Jet
    • Inque (maybe)
    • Harpy
    • Fright
    • Dragonfly
    • Curare
    • Calendar Girl
    • Absence

If they can upgrade Pigeon (Person), they can upgrade:

1. Sable Lady, the Mink Marauder
    2. The Midnight Ladies
    3. Jet-Set Jessie
    Some of these i’ve never heard of. Maybe batgirl could have some of them; she needs a rogue’s gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I miss Harley as a more out-and-out villain.
    I think they went a little too far with Harley to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think they went a little too far with Harley to be honest.
    With New 52 Harley? Definitely.

But I think the current Harley might be a little too far in the other direction.

I would personally like to see more appearances from:

1- Roxy Rocket- While it is completely nostalgia based due to her great appearances on TAS, I think she could make a compelling villain who could offer up a change of pace from the standard gotham villains.

2- White Rabbitt- Had a ton of build up in the New 52 and really never did anything with it. Although Kinda feel like I was one of the few fans who really loved the Batman: The Dark Knight Run by finch.

3- Nocturna- I really thought she was an interesting character during the moench run, would be nice to see what King could do with her as a character
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    3- Nocturna- I really thought she was an interesting character during the moench run, would be nice to see what King could do with her as a character
    I'd be very surprised if she appears in a major way before the next reboot. Unless it's to have Batwoman make her eat her own teeth again, I guess.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    I had more than enough of Nocturna when Jason (as Robin) was having Mommy-issues/desires about her.

(Ewwwww!)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I'd be very surprised if she appears in a major way before the next reboot. Unless it's to have Batwoman make her eat her own teeth again, I guess.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we got a rebooted Nocturna at some point who's completely removed from her depiction in the Batwoman book.

Astonishing Member

• Silken Spider

Made her debut in the same issue that Poison Ivy debuted. TPTB really dropped the ball here; who did not think the Batman versus the Spider-Woman would be a good read?

A complete waste of a good theme villainess here!

• Queen of Hearts

She's a serial killer who attacks people with a drill and removes their hearts; then places the hearts in cradles. Dresses and decorates in a Valentine's Day theme. TPTB dropped the ball again and left her a mindless vegetable. Instead, she could have developed weird mental powers or something...or anything. She had a great visual with the pinks and lacy hearts. Sure let the Joker kill again and again but she's once and done. Another complete waste of a good theme villainess.

• Zelda the Great

I have to give credit to Batman '66; if they can turn Zelda the Great into a threat to Batman, they have accomplished something impressive...and they did. Zelda is an escape artist obsessed with death-defying escapes. If she cannot figure out how to escape an especially dangerous deathtrap, she places Batman and allies into them to watch them escape. Highly unbalanced and fits perfectly into the Bat mythos.

Astonishing Member

• Dragonfly

She made her debut in the same issue Poison Ivy debuted. The name Dragonfly has been overused and I would have preferred the name Damselfly...but what's done is done. She would probably be a Dragon Lady because it fits the name. If the character focuses on the mythology of dragonflies, some options present themselves:

• To the Japanese, it symbolizes summer and autumn and am admired and respected all over, so much so that the Samurai use it as a symbol of power, agility and best of all, Victory.
    • In China, people associate the dragonfly with prosperity, harmony and as a good luck charm.
    • Amongst Native Americans, it is a sign of happiness, speed and purity. Purity because the dragonfly eats from the wind itself

• Beginning from (Europe) calling the dragonfly, the witches’ animal, and that Satan sent it on earth to cause chaos and confusion, to calling it, Ear Cutter, Devil’s Needle, Adderbolt and worst of all, Horse Stinger, which soon spread Down Under, when the British colonized Australia. The name Horse Stinger comes from the misinformed observation that horses that were kicking and stamping around usually had a few dragonflies hovering around them. Fact remains though, that the dragonflies could well have been helping the horse by eating some of the parasitic insects that were doing the actual ‘horse stinging’.
    • the Welsh call the dragonfly the snake’s servant and think they follow snakes and stitch up their wounds…and continuing with the misnomers, they are called eye pokers and eye snatchers in Portugal.
    • In Sweden, folklore suggests that we dragonflies come around to check for bad souls - to weigh souls to be more ‘accurate’ and elsewhere, believed to sneak up to children who tell lies and also adults who curse and scold, to stitch up their eyes, mouth, and ears respectively.

https://www.dragonfly-site.com/meaning-symbolize.html

Just some random thoughts.