Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Nyssa Raatko - I could see her coming back in one of two ways. 1) She could target Damian Wayne as a way of hurting her sister and father or 2) She could reform Leviathan and this time be a villain squared off against Nightwing who would need to pull in his Spyral contacts to battle her.

Double Dare - could fill in a niche in Nightwing as international thieves that he has to track down and capture. Instead of them being small time crooks and acrobats in a circus have them perhaps be a feature act and part owners of a major circus and be big time international paid thieves.

Fright - Have her working as a lieutenant to Blockbuster, perhaps hired by him to try to reverse where Nightwing "cured" him. She could be both Blockbuster's personal physician and someone he turns to interrogate someone.

Jane Doe - with her talents the possibilities are endless, especially where she tends to lose herself in the person she replaces.

Lady Vic - She was the most interesting of the villains Dixon created for Nightwing during his run. Perhaps pair her up with Deathstroke.

Magpie - She showed up briefly in Batgirl, but there is loads of potential here for a good villain.

Mali - She was interesting character from late in Higgins Nightwing run. She is more of a "grey" character which makes her more sympathetic to the reader.

Scarlet - could be fun to have her return and either target Robin or Red Hood.

Sister Zero - She could be an interesting villain to have show up, especially with the engagement of Batman and Catwoman.

Tarantula - This character began with such promise until she along with D Grayson's entire Nightwing run went off the rails.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we got a rebooted Nocturna at some point who's completely removed from her depiction in the Batwoman book.
    That would certainly be what I hope they would do, I thought the new 52 absolutely butchered her as a character. I would really like to see what someone like Tom King or even Sean Gordon Murphy could do with her. Although I want he no where near the creative that is currently on detective comics.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Dollhouse - Kidnapping children, selling their organs into the black market and turning their corpses into dolls...Don't change a thing, She Is Disturbing already.

Jezebel Jet - A Queen of the Royal Flush Gang in a section.

Nyssa al-Ghul - Because of Arrow, I could see be Batwoman's version of Talia. Trying to seduce Kate into joining her LoA.

Fright - Scarecrow's assistant/nurse (to his doctor), maybe his version of Harley Quinn, who works for him so she afford to do her own illegal experiments.

Enigma - Emilia NIcole Gatley MAroni, a young member of the Maroni family who was put into Arkham Asylum, for putting her classmates into puzzle traps, where she meets The Riddler who is glad to meet a fellow genius but is puzzled himself because the answers to her riddles are unpredictable and only makes sense to her.

Bruno - A woman who thinks she is the reincarnation of a German Nazi from WW2 who came to Gotham and became a serial killer, she has some of his military strategy and knows several of his hiding spots.

Mime - A mute woman with telekinesis who might have a relation to Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Nyssa al-Ghul - Because of Arrow, I could see be Batwoman's version of Talia. Trying to seduce Kate into joining her LoA.
    It'd be hilarious to see her try, that's for sure; Kate would be having exactly none of that crap. Bonus points for them being extended family.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    3- Nocturna- I really thought she was an interesting character during the moench run, would be nice to see what King could do with her as a character
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I had more than enough of Nocturna when Jason (as Robin) was having Mommy-issues/desires about her.

(Ewwwww!)
    I wouldn't be surprised if we got a rebooted Nocturna at some point who's completely removed from her depiction in the Batwoman book.
    That would certainly be what I hope they would do, I thought the new 52 absolutely butchered her as a character. I would really like to see what someone like Tom King or even Sean Gordon Murphy could do with her. Although I want he no where near the creative that is currently on detective comics.
    I'm a Nocturna fan too.

The old Nocturna definitely belongs in the Red Hood domain. A new Nocturna would be a great foe for Batwoman; I can see her leading a group of gray-clad Night Terrors (because I hate the name Night-Slayer); her right-hand henchperson would be the Thief-of-the-Night.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 01-03-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    Scarlet - could be fun to have her return and either target Robin or Red Hood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Enigma - Emilia NIcole Gatley MAroni, a young member of the Maroni family who was put into Arkham Asylum, for putting her classmates into puzzle traps, where she meets The Riddler who is glad to meet a fellow genius but is puzzled himself because the answers to her riddles are unpredictable and only makes sense to her.

Mime - A mute woman with telekinesis who might have a relation to Joker.
    Scarlet? You mean Jason's sidekick? I didn't think of her as a villain...but why not? She could easily have been left unbalanced by her experiences (because I would've been). We don't know what she's been doing recently.

Mutant God, I love your idea for Enigma.

I like Mime too...but there is a new Mime now. He's the partner of Marionette and they a possibly the parents of 1 of the 3 Jokers. I suspect that Mime and Marionette could prove to be popular. If I'm being honest, he's better than Camilla.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 01-03-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

Next:
    • Alley Cat [Catwoman foe]
    • Cleo Starr
    • Dr. Cassandra Spellcraft (& Harry)
    • Illuminata
    • Lady Clay (Sondra)
    • Leather
    • Marsha, Queen of Diamonds
    • Pagan
    • Pix /The Tatooed Woman [Ariadne Pinxit]
    • Ruby Ryder
    • Samantha Voz (The Witch)
    • Scarecrone
    • Slash [Batgirl Special 1988]
    • Stilleto [Batman: Toyman 1999]
    • Tarantula
    • The Elemental Woman [Kobra Stike Force]
    • The Sirens (Lorelei)
    • Vera Lovely
    • Violet
    • Vox (Lisa)

Notes:

1. Vera Lovely was an ice-skater and a crush of Robin (Grayson). She wasn't a villain but I think this would be a great name for a femme fatale.
    2. The Sirens are a female-gang in Gotham. I propose they have a leader named Lorelei...perhaps with an enchanting voice?
    3. Scarecrone is a great name. I wish Madam Crow had used it. I wish someone would use it.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 01-03-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

• Marsha, Queen of Diamonds

I must compliment Batman ’66 again. In the case of Marsha, they turned a sow’s ear into a silk purse. This devastating debutante left powerful men lovesick and penniless. I found it chilling the influence she exerted over others and how she toyed with lives. She could be a member of the Black Gloves. She could also be meta-human.

• Pagan

Pagan was an anti-heroine that I wish more had been done with. She could be a member of the Birds of Prey. She could also be an antagonistic ally or a friendly foe to the Bats.

• Dr. Cassandra Spellcraft

Call her Doctor Spellcraft or the Spellcrafter, she has some potential. The bad doctor is an alchemist; in the DC universe, she could be quite competent since magic is real. I would have Harry be her trained, guard dog.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Some of these i’ve never heard of. Maybe batgirl could have some of them; she needs a rogue’s gallery.
    That's the problem: Batman has many villainesses...but very few know anything about many of them. That's why I'm posting lists to this thread.

I like your idea about Batgirl's rogue's gallery.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    • Dragonfly

She made her debut in the same issue Poison Ivy debuted. The name Dragonfly has been overused and I would have preferred the name Damselfly...but what's done is done. She would probably be a Dragon Lady because it fits the name. If the character focuses on the mythology of dragonflies, some options present themselves:

• To the Japanese, it symbolizes summer and autumn and am admired and respected all over, so much so that the Samurai use it as a symbol of power, agility and best of all, Victory.
    • In China, people associate the dragonfly with prosperity, harmony and as a good luck charm.
    • Amongst Native Americans, it is a sign of happiness, speed and purity. Purity because the dragonfly eats from the wind itself

• Beginning from (Europe) calling the dragonfly, the witches’ animal, and that Satan sent it on earth to cause chaos and confusion, to calling it, Ear Cutter, Devil’s Needle, Adderbolt and worst of all, Horse Stinger, which soon spread Down Under, when the British colonized Australia. The name Horse Stinger comes from the misinformed observation that horses that were kicking and stamping around usually had a few dragonflies hovering around them. Fact remains though, that the dragonflies could well have been helping the horse by eating some of the parasitic insects that were doing the actual ‘horse stinging’.
    • the Welsh call the dragonfly the snake’s servant and think they follow snakes and stitch up their wounds…and continuing with the misnomers, they are called eye pokers and eye snatchers in Portugal.
    • In Sweden, folklore suggests that we dragonflies come around to check for bad souls - to weigh souls to be more ‘accurate’ and elsewhere, believed to sneak up to children who tell lies and also adults who curse and scold, to stitch up their eyes, mouth, and ears respectively.

https://www.dragonfly-site.com/meaning-symbolize.html

Just some random thoughts.
    Wow. That makes for some interesting imagery for a villain (the European symbolism)! I would kind of want to see two versions. The European villain version (more complex if it goes after liars and cheaters or child abusers - but with grotesque punishments like stitching up mouths and poking out eyes) and the Chinese/Japanese/Native American version that is more heroic x or better to combine as a matter of perspective. Interesting.

I miss Harley as a more out-and-out villain.
    Agreed. As I've read her over time, I appreciate her role in Suicide Squad, but my favorite stories are her in Gotham and in league with or in juxtaposition to Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I'm waiting for Sister Shard to reappear with whatever next level of cybernetics she's bound to have. I'm guessing a full-on endoskeleton at this point.
    Hmmm... I'm not familiar with Sister Shard (that I remember.) ::heads to Google::

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Catwoman. Seems like she is mostly just in the Batman comic book itself.
    I've been enjoying the Bat and Cat love affair storyline, so I've been good with that - mostly because it's taking the characters to new places and situations instead of the familiar "will they or won't they" territory. (Your mileage may vary as I've been reading people critical of King's story.)

I would personally like to see more appearances from:

1- Roxy Rocket- While it is completely nostalgia based due to her great appearances on TAS, I think she could make a compelling villain who could offer up a change of pace from the standard gotham villains.

2- White Rabbitt- Had a ton of build up in the New 52 and really never did anything with it. Although Kinda feel like I was one of the few fans who really loved the Batman: The Dark Knight Run by finch.

3- Nocturna- I really thought she was an interesting character during the moench run, would be nice to see what King could do with her as a character
    Roxy Rocket - Agreed that she'd make a compelling recurring villain. There's something there about her chasing a thrill at any cost that reflects our documenting the strange and crazy in our current social media culture and her need to chase a high. I can see a story with her pushing Nightwing to the limits of his death-defying acrobatic skills.

White Rabbit - Definitely has potential in my opinion - if they get rid of that horrible negligee costume. (It's tacky.) My story idea for White Rabbit is to team her with Mad Hatter, the Wonderland Gang, and Batwoman's Alice for a multipart story. It's been a while since we've had a good gang story involving some costumed criminals. The Wonderland Gang is pretty much a blank slate, so I can see digging into their personalities and providing them characterization to get them interacting in a more personal way like Geoff Johns did with Flash's Rogues.

Nocturna - Agreed with you that Moench version of Nocturna is the most salvageable and interesting. (Although I'm not totally opposed to her turning vampire later in her story, if done more interestingly. I think the BTAS team was the first that wanted to do this to her, but they couldn't get away with it in "kids" animation at the time.) I wasn't a fan of her in Batwoman. Bring on the Nocturna-as-a-criminal and team her up with Nightslayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I'd be very surprised if she appears in a major way before the next reboot. Unless it's to have Batwoman make her eat her own teeth again, I guess.
    Yeah, Nocturna needs an entire overhaul before reappearing.