Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I like Mime too...but there is a new Mime now. He's the partner of Marionette and they a possibly the parents of 1 of the 3 Jokers. I suspect that Mime and Marionette could prove to be popular. If I being honest, he's better than Camilla.
    I really hope Marionette and Mime stick around - they've been the best part of Doomsday Clock. They'd be excellent additions to Gotham and are begging for a story that includes Joker and Harley Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Hmmm... I'm not familiar with Sister Shard (that I remember.) ::heads to Google::
    Most recently, she's been kind of a running gag Batwoman rogue. She appears, Kate beats her up really badly, she comes back with cybernetics to treat her injuries, Kate beats her up again, she comes back with more cybernetics...
    Shard's not a deep character, at least not in that, but she doesn't really need to be since she's a fanatic.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Ultimate Member

I like the idea of Nyssa Raatko being a Damian and/or Batwoman villain.

White Rabbit could be interesting if they fleshed out her motivations more (and get rid of that hideous New 52 costume).

I'd like to see some kind of major/powerful female crime boss as a recurring dangerous foe as well (I've been enjoying Sofia Falcone on Gotham so far).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'd like to see some kind of major/powerful female crime boss as a recurring dangerous foe as well (I've been enjoying Sofia Falcone on Gotham so far).
    This could be Ruby Ryder and/or Mabel Mhurder alias Ma Murder.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 01-03-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Most recently, she's been kind of a running gag Batwoman rogue. She appears, Kate beats her up really badly, she comes back with cybernetics to treat her injuries, Kate beats her up again, she comes back with more cybernetics...
    Shard's not a deep character, at least not in that, but she doesn't really need to be since she's a fanatic.
    Poor Sister Shard - she’s getting the Captain Phasma treatment!

As I proposed in the Roxy thread, Calendar Girl, Magpie, Baby Doll, The Anchoress and Jane Doe are my Top 5.

I also think The Court of Owls could do with an aristocratic elderly woman as its new Grandmaster as well. Someone as cold and calculating as Game of Thrones's Olenna Tyrell. Would be interesting to see such a character make her moves using the colorful inhabitants of Gotham as her chess pieces.

Astonishing Member

• Sylph

Sylph was a one-shot foe of Nightwing who had potential. She could animate specialized cloth and used it as a weapon. The fabric was going to be white but she looked too much like Dark Horse’s Ghost; TPTB changed it to a garish red. She looked gaudy awful. Why could no one made a connection between Sylph, an elemental being believed to inhabit the air, and the color Sky Blue? Sigh.

• Tiger Moth

Tiger Moth made her debut in the same issue Poison Ivy debuted. In her last appearance, she fought Batman and Robin (Stephanie); I like her costume and her power. As I recall she had the ability misdirect her foes as to her exact location; so, they had difficulty successfully attacking her, I think. I also think she would make a great villain for Spoiler.

Next:
    • Scarecrone
    That was just an alternate identity that Duela Dent adapted when she was initially plaguing Robin (Dick) and Batgirl (Barbara) back in Duela's "Joker's Daughter" phase, wasn't it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I really hope Marionette and Mime stick around - they've been the best part of Doomsday Clock. They'd be excellent additions to Gotham and are begging for a story that includes Joker and Harley Quinn.
    I like to see a story that includes the updated Punch and Jewelee...since that's who Mime and Marionette are based on.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    As I proposed in the Roxy thread, Calendar Girl, Magpie, Baby Doll, The Anchoress and Jane Doe are my Top 5.
    Wow! I thought I was the only one who remembered the Anchoress. I hope to see her again.

I like Baby Doll too...but I have no clue what to do with her. As is, she is no threat to anyone.

Wow! I thought I was the only one who remembered the Anchoress. I hope to see her again.

I like Baby Doll too...but I have no clue what to do with her. As is, she is no threat to anyone.
    Yeah, The Anchoress would make for some great atmospheric Arkham based stories. And I want to see interactions between her and some of the Asylum's other, more famous patients.

As for Baby Doll being a threat, there was that creepy Orphan movie whose villain was very similar to her. And her relationship with Killer Croc in TNBA was so twisted and perverse that it was fascinating in a trainwrecky sorta way.

BANNED

- Nyssa Raatko- Think she could make a good enemy for Cass, even if I'm not exactly the biggest fan of her time in Cass's book.
    - Baby Doll - Just a great character in general who I'd love to see matched up against a variety of Bat Family.

Jezebel Jet - An international crime lord who battles Batman and Batwoman

White Rabbit - A Hippie anarchist who creates a powerful LSD type drug that lets people "get loose" and do what they want.

Baby Doll - A controlling bulimic perfectionist businesswoman who gets violent when not getting her high expectations achieve on what shes wants: her (dream) house, her (dream) boyfriend, her (dream) life. Also willing to go to extremes to look perfect in every way.

Sister Zero - An insane nun who becomes a student of Azrael and trains herself so can punish the wicked

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah, The Anchoress would make for some great atmospheric Arkham based stories. And I want to see interactions between her and some of the Asylum's other, more famous patients.

As for Baby Doll being a threat, there was that creepy Orphan movie whose villain was very similar to her. And her relationship with Killer Croc in TNBA was so twisted and perverse that it was fascinating in a trainwrecky sorta way.
    I too want the see the Anchoress interact in Arkham. Good idea! As for Baby Doll, see below.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Jezebel Jet - An international crime lord who battles Batman and Batwoman

White Rabbit - A Hippie anarchist who creates a powerful LSD type drug that lets people "get loose" and do what they want.

Baby Doll - A controlling bulimic perfectionist businesswoman who gets violent when not getting her high expectations achieve on what shes wants: her (dream) house, her (dream) boyfriend, her (dream) life. Also willing to go to extremes to look perfect in every way.

Sister Zero - An insane nun who becomes a student of Azrael and trains herself so can punish the wicked
    Mutant God, I adore your ideas!

In other news...

In this era, I think we can agree a villain needs more than a shtick, a few gadgets and a Halloween costume if s/he is going to be a credible and/or interesting threat to the Bats (or any other hero). Established villains are grandfathered in, of course.

Sometimes I wish Doctor Tzin-Tzin would open a dojo and train other villains in the arts of 'Oriental mind-control'...out of spite for all his loses against heroes. This would be his revenge on the world and a rational explanation for why villains suddenly developed some mental powers.

In example, The Carpenter; I enjoyed all her appearances but I think I know why she faded from view. She simply is not that much of a threat...except maybe against a Gotham police officer.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 01-04-2018 at 12:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That was just an alternate identity that Duela Dent adapted when she was initially plaguing Robin (Dick) and Batgirl (Barbara) back in Duela's "Joker's Daughter" phase, wasn't it?
    Yeah, but it doesn't have to remain just that.

It's a good name.

Tiger Moth, Dragonfly, and Silken Spider - I'd really like them to reappear and be more capable members of the League of Assassins. (IMHO the entire League of Assassins/Shadows needs an overhaul in the costumed characters department. There should be a whole title about them...but I digress.) I liked Morrison's reintroduction of them, but they didn't get a ton of characterization. I'd update their costumes and weaponry and I have an idea in mind for a multi-part story that teams them up with Firefly, Killer Moth, Tarantula, Black Spider, a reimagined Doodlebug, a revamped Bookworm, and new characters Butterfly and Cricket (new partners to Tiger Moth, Dragonfly, and Silken Spider.)