Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I'M going to have to echo Magpie and her animated Beware the Batman characterization. The lady was clearly nuts and fits right in with the Arkham loonies. Her one sided relationship with Batman could make for an interesting story now that Catwoman is an official leading lady. The obsessed stalker storyline writes itself. She also makes an excellent foil to Catwoman being a kleptomaniac and all

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Tiger Moth, Dragonfly, and Silken Spider - I'd really like them to reappear and be more capable members of the League of Assassins. (IMHO the entire League of Assassins/Shadows needs an overhaul in the costumed characters department. There should be a whole title about them...but I digress.) I liked Morrison's reintroduction of them, but they didn't get a ton of characterization. I'd update their costumes and weaponry and I have an idea in mind for a multi-part story that teams them up with Firefly, Killer Moth, Tarantula, Black Spider, a reimagined Doodlebug, a revamped Bookworm, and new characters Butterfly and Cricket (new partners to Tiger Moth, Dragonfly, and Silken Spider.)
    Actually, there is already a Cricket. He fought Cass (Black Bat) and Tim (Red Robin) briefly. He's a child and an assassin with super-speed but it's not super-speed. (That's how is was explained in the issue.) He's also a dapper fellow and I always hoped to see him again. This was right before new 52, I think.

By the way, I'd love a reimagined Dooblebug and revamped Bookworm. How about Bookwyrm instead of Bookworm and Flutterby instead of Butterfly?
    Last edited by scary harpy; 01-04-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

• Sugar, Spice & ?

Sugar [2nd Ventriloquist]
    Sugar & Spice [Batman Forever 1995]

I’m going to combine concepts here. Since I fear Wesker will return and reclaim Scarface, I wish to repurpose Sugar, the second Ventriloquist.

I also wish to revive the duo of Sugar & Spice from the Batman Forever movie; I liked their scenes. Sugar would be persuasion and Spice would be intimidation.

To this pair, I will add a third…a doll to replace Scarface; a possessed dolly (...they quite popular in movies). You never see her move; no one sees her move… she moves. Her eyes sometimes glow…but they are made of light reflective material. You can hear a little girl’s laughter…but only you heard it. Bad things happen; misfortune favors the opponents of Sugar & Spice. I’m talking a little bad luck not an ancient curse here – unless someone is trying to do serious harm to Sugar and/or Spice; then, Watch Out! (It will slow the heroes down but does not stop them.) Done right, I think this could add a creepy atmosphere to the story as well as give S&S an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I like to see a story that includes the updated Punch and Jewelee...since that's who Mime and Marionette are based on.
    I'd go for that too. I've always had a story in the back of my mind where Joker gets sick of battling so many Batfamily members and assembles his own "family" including Harley Quinn and Joker's Daughter and it was always my plan to have Punch and Jewelee recruited to the family - along with some other new characters.

I'm all for Marionette and Mime sticking around the DCU, but I hope some writer doesn't have them kill Punch and Jewelee just because they're the new versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I'M going to have to echo Magpie and her animated Beware the Batman characterization. The lady was clearly nuts and fits right in with the Arkham loonies. Her one sided relationship with Batman could make for an interesting story now that Catwoman is an official leading lady. The obsessed stalker storyline writes itself. She also makes an excellent foil to Catwoman being a kleptomaniac and all
    Absolutely agree about Magpie's Beware the Batman characterization being an excellent update.

I've had similar ideas of pitting her against Batman and Catwoman. The story I've concocted is that when (or if) it's finally revealed that Batman and Catwoman are married it's going to cause quite a stir in the criminal underworld of Gotham. Since Selina will be reforming her ways as the DCU's most gifted thief, someone needs to fill the vacuum. (Gotham hates a vacuum.) Enter the Gotham's new Princess of Plunder - Magpie.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Actually, there is already a Cricket. He fought Cass (Black Bat) and Tim (Red Robin) briefly. He's a child and an assassin with super-speed but it's not super-speed. (That's how is was explained in the issue.) He's also a dapper fellow and I always hoped to see him again. This was right before new 52, I think.

By the way, I'd love a reimagined Dooblebug and revamped Bookworm. How about Bookwyrm instead of Bookworm and Flutterby instead of Butterfly?
    Ah, I missed that there was a Cricket. Well, I might use it anyway as I already have her character design in my head.

Butterfly is a bit of a placeholder as a name until I think of something better. I have a Blue Morpho butterfly in mind for her character design.

My goal is always to make connections between characters (i.e. Killer Moth, Bookworm, Doodlebug, etc.) who haven't been connected before to see what happens when you do, as well as give some of these characters that are ciphers a personality and motivation. In this case, the story I want to tell is a bit about how the League of Assassin members help up the game of these other characters, who generally get laughed at or taken out easy by the Batfamily. Of course, the League of Assassins players have a price for their help as well as some other motives they may not be sharing with their comrades...

Jane Doe: I feel that there's quite a few things that can be done with her story wise.

From my BTAS roots...

Calendar Girl - Loved her look and her squad of beefy himbo henchmen. There's something there to address with her compulsion on aspects of society's obsession with looks, appearance, beauty, sexual appeal, fashion, Hollywood, internet fame, etc. to the exclusion of other factors. I need to do some more thinking about her and story ideas that would work.

Baby Doll - Great character and make sure to bring along her righthand woman, Mariam, for the ride.

Phantasm - Excellent history with Bruce and an interesting character in terms of the more mob-related elements in Batman's world. Andrea needs to make a stop in Gotham from time to time.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Baby Doll - Great villain from TAS that should be imported over

White Rabbit - I thought she was a fun concept who’s impractical costume made sense for the character.

Spellbinder - Faye Moffit should make a return. Her illusion-casting and hypnotic powers make for a powerful threat to Gothamites. My story for her is she commits crimes by casting the illusion of other villains and henchmen perpetrating the crime - creating a mystery of who is actually behind the crimes.

She turns into a much more shadowy figure that runs afoul of not only the Batfamily, but the villains' visages she exploits on the Gothamites terrified of those villains.

Another example where a B or C List villain needs an upgrade in how they're handled to become a bigger threat to Gotham.

Fantastic Member

The ones that I would love to see more of...

Jane Doe
    Alyce Sinner
    Whisper A Daire
    Phantasm
    Nyssa Al Ghul

These are the ones that I feel can be formidable

Amazing Member

I think it would be fun to see more of Anarky. Give him a new origin or costume.

Whatever happened to

Zephyr?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    From my BTAS roots...

Calendar Girl - Loved her look and her squad of beefy himbo henchmen. There's something there to address with her compulsion on aspects of society's obsession with looks, appearance, beauty, sexual appeal, fashion, Hollywood, internet fame, etc. to the exclusion of other factors. I need to do some more thinking about her and story ideas that would work.

Baby Doll - Great character and make sure to bring along her righthand woman, Mariam, for the ride.

Phantasm - Excellent history with Bruce and an interesting character in terms of the more mob-related elements in Batman's world. Andrea needs to make a stop in Gotham from time to time.
    Other than roxy rocket, have any of the animated series villains ever appeared in the bat books?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Other than roxy rocket, have any of the animated series villains ever appeared in the bat books?