View Poll Results: What's your favorite X-Men animated series?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-Men (TAS)

139 55.82%
  • X-Men: Evolution

90 36.14%
  • Wolverine and the X-Men

45 18.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    No prob.

Good choices. I also liked:

- The story arc with Rogue joining the X-Men was pretty well done for the "still finding its feet" first season.

- Nightcrawler and Shadowcat needing to deal with a Weapon X-controlled Wolverine (and Sabretooth) with no backup.

- The scene in that Christmas show were Rogue and Cyclops are wondering if the angel they're looking for could be the real deal or not. (the scene with Magento and Angel in that church also worked really well).

- Anything involving Wolverine protecting the kids was usually really good.

The finale showing what would happen in the future.

- For sheer humor, I think the funniest bit was in the second X-23 show; Wolverine and X-23 are in the woods fleeing enemies. X-23 is complaining that Wolverine's nasty injuries aren't healing fast enough and slowing them down. Wolverine retorts something to the effect of: "Give me a break. I fell out of a plane." You can only get that kind of understatement with superheroes.
    Oh yeah. Evolution had weird romances. Rogue like Cyclops and Kitty ended up with Avalanche. Nightcrawler had a human girlfriend but I think he and Toad fought over Wanda or something.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Oh yeah. Evolution had weird romances. Rogue like Cyclops and Kitty ended up with Avalanche. Nightcrawler had a human girlfriend but I think he and Toad fought over Wanda or something.
    If I recall correctly Rogue liked Cyclops due to him understanding what she was going through with uncontrollably powers, while Kurt's girlfriend is also from the comics. Him and toad only fought over his watch that hid his appearance due to toad stealing it to trick Wanda.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    ... Or when both Moonstar and Forge were just figments of imagination?
    Dani at least was more than "just", tho, as she was alive & well by the end. If it wasn't for her reflexive, subconscious psionic projection leading Kitty to her, she may have very well not been. Hence the play on words title, "Ghost of a Chance", which is not meant to be taken literally. Chance is the key word, as it means very little possibility of succeeding. I loved the episode, BTW, and the addition of the younger, 2nd gen characters in general. Poor Multiple, lol.

Don't recall Forge's deal exactly, but I think it was somethin' to do with the dimension Kurt ports to/thru and some device... maybe? Might've been first season too, but not sure, and that was the lowest quality one. So yeah, it probably was kinda lame.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Evolution is pretty old too. 2000 was a long time ago as well
    That's why I used the term generational, tho. Just like the comics, there's fans (and creators!) of certain... "eras", if you will. That's when & what they were weaned on, and why the word nostalgia gets tossed around so much. The 3 are basically 10 years apart, say, for argument's sake. The older the group, the more likely a larger percentage of them have moved on, in every sense of the word (to something or... somewhere, else). The younger, the more likely they are coming into their own, or... have yet to.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Oh come on now! Really? Fact: She wasn't a ghost or a figment of imagination.
    Technically, I agree with this. So IMO, yes, you are correct.

Hmm, the Dani we saw train in the Danger Room with the X-Men(a large part of the episode), was she or wasn't she a figment of imagination/a psionic apparition?
    You sound just like the others, Yoga, who didn't believe Kitty.

... Danielle was buried alive in a cave for two years, and unable to escape, her body went into suspended animation due to her mutant abilities. When Shadowcat passes nearby, Danielle inadvertently telepathically contacts her and projects a dream in which Kitty introduced her to the X-Men, which was in fact not really happening. After realizing that Danielle really exists and is in danger, Kitty goes through great lengths in order to rescue her, despite the initial skepticism of her teammates. Even though they have not personally met before the actual rescue, the shared telepathic mind-link has made Danielle and Kitty close friends.
    Apparently the Moonstar episode was one of those mind screw ones.
    LOL! As much as a Saturday morning cartoon can be, I guess. But yeah, that's what made it so good, amongst other things.

I actually liked the relationship between Rogue and Cyclops. Granted, it may not've worked outside of this specific adaptation nor had any prescience in the source material, but I think it was well-thought out here and more nuanced than such things usually are. (The writers may have been onboard with it as well, as I know that in an interview, one of them implied that their assumption for the flash-forwards seen in the finale was that Jean would up dying in the Phoenix incident, as she's oft to do when she becomes the Phoenix, and that Rogue and Cyclops were a couple at some point after that. There's nothing in the show to indicate that, but it does make you wonder what they had in mind for the episodes that they never got a chance to make.)

I think Nightcrawler's girlfriend was a comics love interest. As others pointed out, Toad and Nightcrawler were not fighting over Wanda, but over the hologram watch Toad was trying to steal to improve is luck with Wanda (in fact, he took it when Nightcrawler was trying to use it to meet his girlfriend's parents.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Evolution because it was my introduction to the X-Men. Pus I thought the 90's series was campy and hasn't aged very well.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

That's why I used the term generational, tho. Just like the comics, there's fans (and creators!) of certain... "eras", if you will. That's when & what they were weaned on, and why the word nostalgia gets tossed around so much. The 3 are basically 10 years apart, say, for argument's sake. The older the group, the more likely a larger percentage of them have moved on, in every sense of the word (to something or... somewhere, else). The younger, the more likely they are coming into their own, or... have yet to. .

Idk I think alot TAS fans dislike every other cartoon (TAS is my fave I still love the anime for example).

It's like get off my lawn other cartoons!
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Madhouse and whoever wrote the scripts did good jobs adapting Claremont's Wolverine and Whedon's Astonishing team really well.

Incredible Member

As much as I loved TAS the series has aged horribly. Though like a lot of 90s kids it did help propel me into the fandom and it's impact on my life as a fan can never be discounted. I like all the series for different reasons. It did the best job at adapting the Claremont stories but the animation wasn't stellar particularly after the third season where it's animation budget was slashed.

Evolution I dismissed at first not impressed with the first season and hating the concept. However I came back to it and ended up loving it. Loved the character interpersonal relationships. Also the only series to have my favorite character Colossus appear in more than two episodes.

Watxm is my favorite though. Sure it its problems especially if youre a fan of cyclops. However the animation quality was good. Loved the take on Polaris as the sheltered princess of Genosha. Polaris fans might disagree with me but i thought it was an interesting take on the character. Wanda was portrayed pretty cool as well.. Loved the future timeline stuff. I thought they did a bunch of i teresting things. if they had allowed another season or two it could have been something special.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    Evolution I dismissed at first not impressed with the first season and hating the concept. However I came back to it and ended up loving it. Loved the character interpersonal relationships. Also the only series to have my favorite character Colossus appear in more than two episodes.
    Same thing with me. Didn't like the first season too much but it got some teeth later...

Now, kiddies, if for whatever reson your order is not XTAS, XEVO, WatX; then your too young and stupid to be allowed to vote. Yeah, I said it. You should have been born sooner. I hate you.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Now, kiddies, if for whatever reson your order is not XTAS, XEVO, WatX; then your too young and stupid to be allowed to vote. Yeah, I said it. You should have been born sooner. I hate you.
    hahahah!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

hahahah!

LoL exactly.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    ... It's like get off my lawn other cartoons!
    Well, we're essentially sayin' the same thing. So yeah, pretty much. Ya know how it is:

... old people are SO funny...

BANNED

... and CRANKY!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Madhouse and whoever wrote the scripts did good jobs adapting Claremont's Wolverine and Whedon's Astonishing team really well.
    Warren Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Well, we're essentially sayin' the same thing. So yeah, pretty much. Ya know how it is:

Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 01-08-2018 at 03:18 PM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Fantastic Member

I wonder how many folks who came into the fandom in the 70's or 80's feel about TAS how the TAS fans feel about the later productions.