View Poll Results: What's your favorite X-Men animated series?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-Men (TAS)

139 55.82%
  • X-Men: Evolution

90 36.14%
  • Wolverine and the X-Men

45 18.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

XTAS was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    XTAS was the best.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    TAS may not have aged well animation wise or in other areas, but as time goes on, I'm finding that its ideas and themes become increasingly more relevant than the themes brought up in Evolution or WATXM. Sure, there's the standard racism part that comes with anything X-related, but upon rewatch of TAS, there were things that may not have been issues before but are now and were relevant to the writers' minds, whether or not they realized it. Things like adoption, respectability politics, transparency, the meaning of chosen family, immigration, incarceration, religion, they all exist in some degree in the other shows to some degree, but TAS seemed to be particularly cognizant and almost anticipating them as side effects to or intersections with race and class. Unlike the other two shows, TAS seemed to have a great deal of foresight.

Plus, I'll forever hear their voices and sound effects when I read X-comics.

This Earther speaks the truth!

Evolution. It was a lot different than the comics, but I think it was pretty great on it's own. And the most important things were still there, unlike FOX movies, like Jean/Scott, Mystique's relationship with Rogue and Nightcrawler, etc. TAS is overrated AF, mostly for nostalgia reasons. Yeah it was the most loyal to the comics, but in a way that most arcs just felt like a less good version of the original story.

WATXM I didn't watch it all, and it was never finished, so I didn't bother finishing... It had some good elements though, like Wanda(a million times better than Evolution), but a few bad ones too(Jean missing the whole show so they could push Scemma? Ew).

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Oh, yeah!!!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Evolution fans are gonna outvote TAS fans soon it seems.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Generational, it's the oldest, careening towards 3 decades now. And as evidenced in this thread, many feel it shows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    ... WaTXM I think could have taken the overall #1 if it had more than 1 season. The dystopian future stuff was just so awesome.
    I agree, easily. Just look what we would've gotten:

... my dream, though HIGHLY unlikely, is that DizMar would find it in their hearts to oblige us.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I had a feeling that it'd be close between TAS and Evo, and that looks to be the case.

One of the things that helps separate TAS for me is the presence of those huge, memorable moments: the "death" of Morph in Night of the Sentinels, Wolverine vs. the Sentinels in The Final Decision, Cyclops vs. Mr. Sinister in Till Death Do Us Part, Magneto and Professor X (powerless) vs. a T-Rex in the Savage Land, Gladiator vs. Juggernaut, any of Apocalypse's monologues. Just so many memorable moments packed into one series.

I'll totally admit to remembering more of TAS than the other two because I've watched it way more times, especially since Evolution never got a complete DVD release (to my knowledge), but I haven't heard anyone mention any specific moments like that from the other two series. Story arcs have been mentioned, but no specific memorable moments.

Any fans of Evo or WatX want to share some of those?
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I agree, easily. Just look what we would've gotten:

... my dream, though HIGHLY unlikely, is that DizMar would find it in their hearts to oblige us.
    Love the Prelate Summers look. The Weapon X/Wolverine look, not so much: his skinny legs were a thing that really bothered me throughout the series and seem especially off-putting there.

And what more can be said about the perfection that is Joe Mad's Sunfire redesign?

Remember when Spyke was Ororo's nephew, even though they still had Storm grow up in Africa as a goddess(presumably after being orphaned) and yet they never bothered to explain how Ororo had a sister(who was apparently American)?

And who can forget the threat of mutant-effecting energy drinks!?

Or when both Moonstar and Forge were just figments of imagination?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Generational, it's the oldest, careening towards 3 decades now. And as evidenced in this thread, many feel it shows.
    Evolution is pretty old too. 2000 was a long time ago as well
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    The Weapon X/Wolverine look, not so much: his skinny legs were a thing that really bothered me throughout the series and seem especially off-putting there.
    The entire design aesthetic of Evolution and WatXM(seemingly related/close to the same) rubbed me the wrong way. Sure, basing your character models on Jim Lee's art makes it trickier to animate smoothly(with no budget), but are these weird shapes really better?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

First thing I wanna say is that Wolverine and the X-Men had potential but the lack of follow-up makes it an automatic third on my listing.

X-Men Evolution was pretty good since the movies came out every 3 years and weren't that satisfying. Evo had a better Cyclops and Havok relationship and the New Mutants. The multi-part episodes were better than TAS because they had the stakes HELLA HIGH. (The Sentinel coming online and the Mansion getting blown up. Whew.) I don't like Evo Storm because trying to figure out her backstory is a headache.

X-Men TAS started off with Beast getting jailed and Morph getting killed. GG.
    From that you learn the basics of each character. It's also what got me interested in finding out who Carol Danvers is. The story arcs were pretty good and their depictions of Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse are the best. Like most of their encounters with Apocalypse went like "Man, we have to stop this guy's plan but our 'beat the crap outta him' strategy ain't working on him".

Best character in TAS and Evo is Rogue, bah-bee.

EDIT: Evo introduced X-23 so it'll probabl be more popular.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 01-03-2018 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The entire design aesthetic of Evolution and WatXM(seemingly related/close to the same) rubbed me the wrong way. Sure, basing your character models on Jim Lee's art makes it trickier to animate smoothly(with no budget), but are these weird shapes really better?
    Storm's hair-shell was another thing that struck me as really odd about WatX, design-wise.