View Poll Results: What's your favorite X-Men animated series?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-Men (TAS)

139 55.82%
  • X-Men: Evolution

90 36.14%
  • Wolverine and the X-Men

45 18.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Remember when Spyke was Ororo's nephew, even though they still had Storm grow up in Africa as a goddess(presumably after being orphaned) and yet they never bothered to explain how Ororo had a sister(who was apparently American)?
    I didn't think this needed to be explained. Ororo was lost and thought dead or something while her parents were on vacation and her older sister was taken in by some other living relatives.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I didn't think this needed to be explained. Ororo was lost and thought dead or something while her parents were on vacation and her older sister was taken in by some other living relatives.
    Uhhh, no where in the series did they say that. It's a huge plothole. If you are going to saddle Storm with Spyke, you had better explain this nonsense.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Remember when Spyke was Ororo's nephew, even though they still had Storm grow up in Africa as a goddess(presumably after being orphaned) and yet they never bothered to explain how Ororo had a sister(who was apparently American)?
    Not that big of a deal to me.
    And who can forget the threat of mutant-effecting energy drinks!?
    I don't quite remember how that plot started. But I liked the effect it had on Spyke's character. Him joining Morlocks and his return as a total badass was some of the best stuff in the series.
    Or when both Moonstar and Forge were just figments of imagination?
    Uh, no they weren't.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

And who can forget the threat of mutant-effecting energy drinks!?

Or when both Moonstar and Forge were just figments of imagination?
    Wow, seems I've forgotten a ton about Evo because the only thing I remember from that list is that Spike was Storm's nephew.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Uh, no they weren't.
    First of all, shunting Spyke(a made up character purely for 'diversity') off into the sewers is all kinds of bs.

Forge was stuck in the past, and Moonstar was a ghost. Close enough.

My favorite was when Evo Storm couldn't stop a wild, natural waterspout so we could all pay close attention to Alex and Scott blabber for 22 minutes on their surf boards. Meanwhile TAS Storm casually deflects giant tidal waves(during the Phoenix saga) and fixes artificial wild weather over an entire planet from a throne(in the Arkon episodes).

I love TAS, it is what got me into comics as a child and I remember it fondly, but it really hasn’t aged well. Evo was amazing and a wonderful take on the characters while telling some really cool stories. I’m a little torn here between the two.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Wow, seems I've forgotten a ton about Evo because the only thing I remember from that list is that Spike was Storm's nephew.
    Yeah. The mutant soft drink story was when Spyke left for the Morlocks.

I don't recall Spyke's intro episode by heart but I know he was Quicksilver's rival in that episode. It was some crap where they introduced that Storm went to some family gathering (lmao) and Spyke's mom was like "Look, Evan is getting trouble at normal people school. Take him to that bald guy you work for."

First of all, shunting Spyke(a made up character purely for 'diversity') off into the sewers is all kinds of bs.
    To you. I thought it was a great story.
    Forge was stuck in the past,
    Totally not the same thing as saying he was a figment of imagination. They were able to bring him to present, he even appeared in future episodes.
    and Moonstar was a ghost. Close enough.
    Completely factually incorrect.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

One thing I hate about XTAS is that it made everyone think that roster was the real X-MEN team. Or those storylines were cannon.

Example "Why isn't Bishop the time traveler? That's how it happened in the cartoon"
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah. The mutant soft drink story was when Spyke left for the Morlocks.

I don't recall Spyke's intro episode by heart but I know he was Quicksilver's rival in that episode. It was some crap where they introduced that Storm went to some family gathering (lmao) and Spyke's mom was like "Look, Evan is getting trouble at normal people school. Take him to that bald guy you work for."
    The whole thing was problematic. If they really wanted a black male they could have made Bishop a teen and reconfigured him as needed(and if they really wanted a 'troubled black youth', Bishop would work better while bringing his own fandom and it wouldn't be so ridiculous because he was introduced as a troubled black youth anyways, just from the future, and a cop, or whatever). Or just make Storm a teen, which would have been great, or bring in Sunspot or Bedlam to the big kids table.

Completely factually incorrect.
    Pretty sure Kitty(airhead valley girl, Kitty, btw, not precocious super genius Chicago Claremont Kitty) had her in her head the whole episode(everyone thought she was a figment of her imagination), and only towards the very end did they figure out she was some kind of telepathic dream or whatever, from that cave filling with water, and had been dead for a long time already? I don't know, I only watched the series once.

Pretty sure Kitty(airhead valley girl, Kitty, btw, not precocious super genius Chicago Claremont Kitty) had her in her head the whole episode(everyone thought she was a figment of her imagination), and only towards the very end did they figure out she was some kind of telepathic dream or whatever, from that cave filling with water, and had been dead for a long time already? I don't know, I only watched the series once.
    Characters thinking she was a figment of imagination and her actually being a figment of imagination are two very very different things. She turned out to be real. You saying she was a ghost/figment is blatantly false.

Characters thinking she was a figment of imagination and her actually being a figment of imagination are two very very different things. She turned out to be real. You saying she was a ghost/figment is blatantly false.
    That was integral to the story, which is impressive that I even remembered that much. I think much of the episode revolved around BMX bikes. BTW, evidently the episode was called "Ghost of a Chance".... sooo what was that about being blatantly false?
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-03-2018 at 08:26 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Uhhh, no where in the series did they say that. It's a huge plothole. If you are going to saddle Storm with Spyke, you had better explain this nonsense.
    Context clues, sweetie.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey