View Poll Results: What's your favorite X-Men animated series?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-Men (TAS)

139 55.82%
  • X-Men: Evolution

90 36.14%
  • Wolverine and the X-Men

45 18.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    One of the problems I have with WatX (and The Gifted, despite how much I love it) is that the official presence of the Mutant Response Division (MRD) and Sentinel Services basically screams "Magneto was right." In TAS, it was made clear in the first episode that the Mutant Control Agency was a private organization, and the president ordered an end to the Sentinel program in that same story arc.

Making them operate in an official capacity is basically what Magneto said would happen and validates, if not trumps, Xavier's point of view.
    Interesting point about the MRD(which I also don't like, as it seems to legitimize such means), however, I find WatXM's Magneto's use of false flag attacks to justify his move against humanity to be a huge error. The fact that he, the lord of Genosha, would engineer attacks against his own people makes him lose all of his noble freedom fighter traits from Claremont(and TAS), and casts him more in the vein of Ultimate Magnetos's truly vile villain.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Oh come on now! Really? Fact: She wasn't a ghost or a figment of imagination.
    Hmm, the Dani we saw train in the Danger Room with the X-Men(a large part of the episode), was she or wasn't she a figment of imagination/a psionic apparition?

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Not to me. I do like Warpath alot but idk

I'm just happy Thunderbird is on a show and he's the leader. So I can't complain.
    We wouldn't have gotten Warpath without John dying in their second mission.

And see, you've still got him running around in this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Apparently the Moonstar episode was one of those mind screw ones.
    That's basically what I said, which is petty good for only seeing it once forever ago.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hmm, the Dani we saw train in the Danger Room with the X-Men(a large part of the episode), was she or wasn't she a figment of imagination/a psionic apparition?
    In the show, the real Dani didn't come to the Institute until the very end of the show when they rescue her from the cave. Everything else was part of the dream Kitty had.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In the show, the real Dani didn't come to the Institute until the very end of the show when they rescue her from the cave. Everything else was part of the dream Kitty had.
    Thank you WebLurker.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

I like Evolution the best.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    TAS may not have aged well animation wise or in other areas, but as time goes on, I'm finding that its ideas and themes become increasingly more relevant than the themes brought up in Evolution or WATXM. Sure, there's the standard racism part that comes with anything X-related, but upon rewatch of TAS, there were things that may not have been issues before but are now and were relevant to the writers' minds, whether or not they realized it. Things like adoption, respectability politics, transparency, the meaning of chosen family, immigration, incarceration, religion, they all exist in some degree in the other shows to some degree, but TAS seemed to be particularly cognizant and almost anticipating them as side effects to or intersections with race and class. Unlike the other two shows, TAS seemed to have a great deal of foresight.
    quality post, Cyke fans know whats up and are consistently just right.
    Cyclops was right

Mighty Member

One of the problems I have with WatX (and The Gifted, despite how much I love it) is that the official presence of the Mutant Response Division (MRD) and Sentinel Services basically screams "Magneto was right." In TAS, it was made clear in the first episode that the Mutant Control Agency was a private organization, and the president ordered an end to the Sentinel program in that same story arc.

Making them operate in an official capacity is basically what Magneto said would happen and validates, if not trumps, Xavier's point of view.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Honestly I feel the frickin mardys are necessary. There's some bad muties out there.
    About Magneto being right, the franchise works best for me when both viewpoints are shown as having merit. Having government-endorsed anti-mutant brownshirts skews things too heavily toward validating Magneto's end of the spectrum for my taste.

It's one thing to be pragmatic and have an "us vs. them" mentality when you're staring down the barrel of extinction like in the post-House of M comics, but when total annihilation isn't likely, I prefer a more balanced approach to the depiction of human nature.

That could just be me, though.
    I echo both of these statements. Establishing and carrying the tension between the two view points, buoys the plot and allows for the story to explore different aspects of the opposing ideologies. I think it goes like this, or it should- if the X-men do nothing, or cease to exist... Magneto's nightmare comes true or the nightmare that is a future ruled by Magneto comes true.
    Cyclops was right

Any fans of Evo or WatX want to share some of those?
    Some of mine:
    Evo:

- The X-Men and Brotherhood against the first Sentinel and Mutants getting outted to the world.

- The X-Men vs. Juggernaut in "The Stuff of Heroes."

- "Blind Alley," especially the Jott stuff.

- The debut of X-23.

- The Apocalypse storyline.

WaTXM:

- Warren's transformation into Archangel and his fight with Wolverine.

- Crazy Polaris in the future timeline.

- Many awesome Nightcrawler moments.

- Days of Futures Past Wolvie saving Xavier with the help of some X-23 clones.

- Wanda kicking Magneto and Pietro out of Genosha.

XTAS by a mile and if the guys at Disney are smart that should be the team of their new movies.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

For Evo's there's also:

- Angel's debut episode
    - Scarlet Witch vs. X-Men
    - The Cauldron
    - The girl's night out episode

BANNED

Best
    1. X-Men (TAS)
    2. Evolution
    3. Wolverine and the X-Men

Personal Preference
    1. Evolution
    2. X-Men (TAS)
    3. Wolverine and the X-Men

TAS was brilliantly adapted, only Batman was as good. Personally preferred Evolution as it appealed to my own teen angst.

Thank you WebLurker.
    No prob.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Some of mine:
    Evo:

- The X-Men and Brotherhood against the first Sentinel and Mutants getting outted to the world.

- The X-Men vs. Juggernaut in "The Stuff of Heroes."

- "Blind Alley," especially the Jott stuff.

- The debut of X-23.

- The Apocalypse storyline.
    Good choices. I also liked:

- The story arc with Rogue joining the X-Men was pretty well done for the "still finding its feet" first season.

- Nightcrawler and Shadowcat needing to deal with a Weapon X-controlled Wolverine (and Sabretooth) with no backup.

- The scene in that Christmas show were Rogue and Cyclops are wondering if the angel they're looking for could be the real deal or not. (the scene with Magento and Angel in that church also worked really well).

- Anything involving Wolverine protecting the kids was usually really good.

The finale showing what would happen in the future.

- For sheer humor, I think the funniest bit was in the second X-23 show; Wolverine and X-23 are in the woods fleeing enemies. X-23 is complaining that Wolverine's nasty injuries aren't healing fast enough and slowing them down. Wolverine retorts something to the effect of: "Give me a break. I fell out of a plane." You can only get that kind of understatement with superheroes.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

TAS nailed the soul of what makes the X-men great.

That's pretty much where it starts and stops for me.