Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    1. Supergirl

That's it, I don't read any of the others. Each and every month I look at the upcoming solicits for a new creative direction in Action of Superman, and each month I am disappointed. I'm pretty much going to be relying on Justice League and (hopefully) Doomsday Clock to get a Superman fix.
    Your loss. Supes and AC are pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Just happy he also reads Supergirl. My favorite too.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I read the first two trades or so of Superman. It was ok, but nothing special. None of the solicits for future issues grabbed my attention. I liked the writing of Clark and Lois in the double date with Bruce and Selina than I did their main book.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Just happy he also reads Supergirl. My favorite too.
    It doesn't get enough love, and I don't get why.

I've never watched a single episode of the show, so I'm not bothered by elements from it being brought in, which seems to be a sticking point for a lot of people.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

New Super-man #7-18 a spectacular arc, the best "Superman" since Morrison left, imo. Kenan has a great and lovable supporting cast and his growth has been surprising. Losing Vik Bog and low sales in general should have spelled the end, but it's still going strong as a premium DC title. Case in point for why we should go back to monthly already.

Action Comics #971-994 (end of) Men of Steel, Reborn, Revenge, Only Human, Oz Effect, and Booster Shot. The finale of the first arc through Reborn and up to Revenge (#978-983) was a pretty solid chunk. Rebirth has been a little too hectic in pace for me but these were some of the better comics. I dug the balance of family and a Superman who actually looks like a vet. Solid art if not always on the same page. The last few arcs have been a little weak, but Booster Shot looks like it's getting back on track.

Super Sons #1-11 just about a whole year in, this has been a mostly excellent title up until this current arc. Kid Amazo and Planet of the Capes were really cool. Of course Jimenez doing fantastic art for almost all of it will sell these comics to anyone, but Jon has proven to be a pretty fun new addition and for some reason, Tomasi writes Superman better as a supporting character. I think there's a lot to be said for monthly vs biweekly.

Superman #14-37 eh it's so uneven. Good enough from Multiplicity to Reborn and the beginning of Black Dawn. Tomasi and Gleason tend to have weaker endings than beginnings and middles, but then Road Trip brought consecutively weak issues. The two fill-ins were actually pretty good if completely random. Imperious Lex was cool but like the Black Dawn arc, it was a really weird following and finish to what had been built up to that point. Overall really not bad but you just never know what to expect.

1. Super Sons
    2. Action Comics
    3. Superman
    4. Superwoman

I am not reading Supergirl and New Superman at present. Started New Superman and have read a couple of issues till now. Its good. Will have to read more to make an opinion.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-03-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Super Sons
    Action Comics
    Superman
    Supergirl
    New Super-Man
    Superwoman