Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Is it confirmed she's a technopath? If so where was it confirmed?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    iirc it was confirmed by the writer, he likes the synergy of having telepath and tecnopath in the same team. it's a pretty unstopable combination. mind control and machine control.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I hope not. I can't stand when all the ethnic people are related to one another. Let Karima do her thing. Let this Trinary have her own thing. Why all the Indian cybernetic/cyberpathic characters have to be related?
    Haha I’d usually agree with you - just think it’s be interesting if Karima were to get out of control that an old friend/sister would technidally be able to override her. Plus I just want more Karima stories, damnit!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That certainly is some obscure knowledge! I can be nothing but impressed.
    I must have read every shitty Alpha Flight related story

I found it online, this ends with the Indian woman 9 months pregnant of a super technopath, after accepting to give birth to it to save the future

imagenes de internet

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I haven't seen anything confirmed but if anyone has provide link.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It's always complicated when they create a new character for a franchise like the X-mens that already has many characters in the limbo. Especially when there are already other characters with the same powers but I look forward to seeing the potential of the character and wish welcome to the family.

Technopathy is an interesting and very useful power unfortunately for having the same abilities she becomes a rival for Hijack a character that like a lot but on the other hand without Bendis doubt very much that we see David again so soon.

Yep I feel the same way. Nice power and can be done well but Hijack was just created, before that we had Network who was never explored and killed. Hopefully both she and Hijack can co exist. I do wonder if they are gonna make him vehicle specific and her more omega level giving the White Queen vs Jean Grey power level allusions. Hijack needs all the love he can get. As a man of color, he on that chopping block.

Also as a side note I also thought that trinary was black at first. I also thought Timeslip was as well lol. But I am def hear for all types of representation but I do think we shouldn't get into the narrative that all Indians live in India as the diaspora is huge. I hope we can get Indians who grew up in England, those who grew up in the South America ( Guyanese) or the Caribbean ( trini). It would have been real cool if she had been a trini Indian or Guyanese etc who was a dougla. It is important to make sure we have diasporic characters. It gives a more nuanced representation.

Mighty Member

it was on twitter. the creator mentioned in a tweet. You can go look at this feed.

Hijack is vehicle specific, yes. Bendis reused him in Iron Man a couple of issues ago. He could control cars and aircraft, but not the Ironheart armor.

Did Trinary ever name her Sentinel?

BANNED

I didn't even think she had a thread. Awesome.

Last edited by Havok83; 12-03-2018 at 11:44 PM.

I really hope she doesn't get sidelined. I think her power in the modern era tech heavy era can be pretty useful. You just have to look towards Livewire in Valiant and Cyborg in DC to see how useful a technopath can be.

If the X books don't want to use her I suppose Dan Slott could add her to the Tony Stark: Iron Man cast. Tony said he wanted her to work for him in X-Men Red #10.

The Sentinel is called Sentinel-X.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

For someone so forward-thinking and anarchistic, it's weird to not see her immediately dismantle the Sentinel as soon as she saw it "kill" Gabby. But besides that, she's been doing great work in Red and I would've hoped to see her join the Institute w Nezhno but I think she's either gonna be in Taylor's Spider-Man title or Slott's Iron Man.

I didn't realize she had her own thread either, good for her. I'm glad that Vita Ayala is using her as part of the Prisoner X mini. I'd rather she stay with the X-men, even in an X-Club role.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Sentinel is called Sentinel-X.
    Isn't that Shogo's name from Battle of the Atom?