Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will we see an ASM #801 or yet another ASM #1?

While we await the seemingly inevitable announcement that Dan Slott is leaving ASM after #800 (again, presumably) and the announcement of the new creative team, do you think Marvel will continue on it's "Legacy" numbering system and continue with #801, 802 etc or do you think they will once again submit to the temptation of yet another new volume launched with yet another new ASM #1 to usher in the new creative team/new direction?

I don't think so.

I would say they keep going, i would be strange/confusing to go back to the old numbering and then ditch it so soon.

BANNED

I can't see them abandoning the legacy numbers...it would make no sense at all.....but then again, it IS Marvel...

Marvel Legacy won't be ending that soon. After No Surrender, Avengers will be only 10 away from it's 700th issue. No way they abandon Marvel Legacy until that milestone is reached. So both Spider-Men should keep their legacy numbering when the new writers take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Marvel Legacy won't be ending that soon. After No Surrender, Avengers will be only 10 away from it's 700th issue. No way they abandon Marvel Legacy until that milestone is reached. So both Spider-Men should keep their legacy numbering when the new writers take over.
    That is the most logical thing but......Marvel seemingly can't resist launching new #1's whenever they can; there really was no reason for a new #1 when Superior wrapped and then again to kick off the whole Tony Stark-lite era but yet they did it. I know they just went back to Legacy numbering but it is not inconceivable that, after they milk #800 (another $10 comic book?), they just may do another volume of ASM and kick it off with another #1 to celebrate the new creative team/direction. It's not beyond the realm of possibility at all with the way Marvel does things these days....

BANNED

I'm sure Marvel are just itching to reboot again, but I think they'll go a little way past #800 before doing so. No way we're seeing #850 though, and I'd bet we won't see #825 either.

I would like to see them keep up with the Legacy numbering but I could easily see Marvel going back to yet another line-wide relaunch for a new initiative.

Depends on the new creative team and how much of a splash they are expected to make.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Depends on the new creative team and how much of a splash they are expected to make.
    This is a fair point. If it's Nick Spencer, Charles Soule, or more Dan Slott, it'll probably be 801. If it's an A-lister like Joss Whedon or Scott Snyder, it might be a new #1.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I have a feeling Marvel is going to keep the original numbering. I think they burned audiences out a bit too much on relaunches. Now, the value of #1 issues just isn't what it used to be. I think it makes more sense to keep the original numbering moving forward.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I sure hope they keep the original numbering a reboot at another #1 would be ridiculous at this point, yet as stated above this is Marvel and I feel like they just can't help themselves. It is like they have a disorder.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

801 seems like such a important number, it would be weird to relaunch it as soon as it gets there. I'd say it's better if they at least wait till 806 or somthing

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I'm sure Marvel are just itching to reboot again, but I think they'll go a little way past #800 before doing so. No way we're seeing #850 though, and I'd bet we won't see #825 either.
    Marvel doesn't reboot; Marvel relauches, even when it is unnecessary.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Yeah, I've always believed the books that didn't change creative team (which included several newly launched books), shouldn't have renumbered after Secret Wars. Howard the Duck, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Woman, Silk, Ms Marvel, Thor, and Ant-Man.