Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "A brother never lets a soldier go into battle alone": John Diggle Appreciation

I know Arrow as a show can be a divisive topic but I'm shocked that this doesnt exist since Lemire brought Diggle into the Canon so Clearly Diggle needs his own appreciation thread when the Cover for #38 of the Current Run shows his return.

Even TV Show Diggle was a Damn Good Character in Seasons 1 and 2.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Diggle is cool, no doubt.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah. Digg is awesome. Plus with him now joining the main series again in the next two or so months, I'm interested to see what Percy does with him- Especially after stabbing Oliver in the back and saving Merlyn

They’ve introduced him into the DCU but I would like to see them use his codename “Spartan” and make him interact more with other superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They’ve introduced him into the DCU but I would like to see them use his codename “Spartan” and make him interact more with other superheroes.
    I second this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I agree with you in principal... But I dont want them to rush Diggle into being Spartan. Start with interactions with other Heroes then do the Codename thing.

BANNED

I wonder if there's actually still room for Diggle in Green Arrow. Between Ollie, Dinah and Emi as the main characters, Henry and Kate Spencer as supporting characters, Roy popping up from time to time and Connor's return hopefully coming up after Emi's mini arc, along with the book having its villains of course, it's really crowded for a monthly 'solo' title. Wonder where else Diggle might fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I wonder if there's actually still room for Diggle in Green Arrow. Between Ollie, Dinah and Emi as the main characters, Henry and Kate Spencer as supporting characters, Roy popping up from time to time and Connor's return hopefully coming up after Emi's mini arc, along with the book having its villains of course, it's really crowded for a monthly 'solo' title. Wonder where else Diggle might fit.
    Kate will probably be gone after this Trial arc, and Emi could potentially move to Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Kate will probably be gone after this Trial arc
    Unless Bendis is writing a solo for her, I can't imagine Percy would have brought her in just to be a lawyer and not eventually become Manhunter as part of Team Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    and Emi could potentially move to Teen Titans.
    A recent issue made it clear that won't be happening, at least not anytime soon. And I hope she doesn't either. Green Arrow is currently my second favorite Rebirth title while I dropped Teen Titans like a hot potato after months of mediocrity.

Given upcoming covers it seems like Percy's idea of the core "Team Arrow" are GA, Canary, Diggle, and Emiko, so I think that's probably going to be consistent going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Given upcoming covers it seems like Percy's idea of the core "Team Arrow" are GA, Canary, Diggle, and Emiko, so I think that's probably going to be consistent going forward.
    Thats the way it was back at the start of this Ninth Circle Story it was Emi, Ollie, Diggle, Dinah and Henry, I'm kinda glad they're getting back to that. I've missed John since he saved Merlyn.
    IMG_2959.jpg

As long as they keep John in the Field with Oliver and give him a chance to redeem himself after that traitor moment with Merlyn (Maybe saving Ollie from Merlyn in their next confrontation) then I'm glad thats Team Arrow
    Last edited by Denirac; 01-03-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Black Driver is #1

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8