Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Astonishing X-Men #7 - spoilers & discussion

'X' aka 'Xavier' in Fantomex's body aka Deus Ex Machina solves everything (or maybe not really?).

Soule restores Warren to basically the same state he was in the end of Bunn's Uncanny run (or not?)

Fantomex's mind is now trapped in the astral plane as a result of offering his body to Xavier (but maybe he was manipulated into doing it?)

Bishop discovers that an event called "mindkiller apocalypse" could be coming.

Proteus comes back as a result of Xavier's ressurection.

Also Fantomex's face looks pretty much like a younger version of Xavier which is I guess the result of some sort of reality manipulation or just an incredible coincidence.

Didn`t like it. The worst issue so far.
    Gambit and Logan were afraid of Archangel, lol.

Art felt like at sketches stage.

Also: why is Xavier capable of using telepathy in Fantomex's body anyway? Are telepaths just overpowered that way?

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Also: why is Xavier capable of using telepathy in Fantomex's body anyway? Are telepaths just overpowered that way?
    Shadow King could always use his powers in other bodies too. I figure telepaths really are just psionic entities inhabiting the Astral Plane, and they can, if necessary, still use their powers in any body. Look at Jean in Emma's body, she was still telekinetic even!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I'm really liking "X". Love the way he feels so good that it's creepy(that's probably not the best way to describe it lol).

Astonishing Member

I'm assuming that his telepathy was tied to his astral form and it came with him when he entered fantomex

It would be funny if Red Skull was still using Xavier`s brain for telepathy and then arrives Fantovier and is using telepathy too.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 01-03-2018 at 08:37 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I would be funny if Red Skull was still using Xavier`s brain for telepathy and then arrives Fantovier and is using telepathy too.
    the xavier brain the red skull used was destroyed in Uncanny Avengers, as in, with fire by the human torch, on panel

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Shadow King could always use his powers in other bodies too. I figure telepaths really are just psionic entities inhabiting the Astral Plane, and they can, if necessary, still use their powers in any body. Look at Jean in Emma's body, she was still telekinetic even!
    True. But as a counter point, when Emma and Storm switched bodies, Storm got telepathy and Emma got weather powers (with no telepathy left). Same as when Emma was in Iceman's body.

I really did not enjoy this issue. The dialogue and characters interactions were way off. Then Xavier doing all this massive power feats. Yet he needed the X-men to escape..... I don't know, this really fell flat. The art was the only thing I did like.

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    True. But as a counter point, when Emma and Storm switched bodies, Storm got telepathy and Emma got weather powers (with no telepathy left). Same as when Emma was in Iceman's body.
    Don't think it is a hard fast rule. Some telepaths can use their powers by accessing the astral plane and others powers are tied to their physical brains. There is no reason for it to have to be one or the other.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

This issue was great. X is a complete douche and I love him for it. He has Fantomex's arrogange plus Xavier's skills. I could see a solo series of him working just because of how fun it would be to see him just acting like an ******* and then fucking up, having to fix everything later. Noto's art was gorgeous and I'm happy to see we were right and Proteus came back.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I liked the issue but the dialogue felt a little clunky. I'm happy with Warren's new/old status quo, and the return of Proteus. The art was my favorite part.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Don't think it is a hard fast rule. Some telepaths can use their powers by accessing the astral plane and others powers are tied to their physical brains. There is no reason for it to have to be one or the other.
    Well Frost had no body in Secret Invasion but was using her powers. Anyway it doesn't really make sense. It might be explained or just ignored by Soule.

Horrible issue who does Xavier think he is the Wizard of Oz

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I didbt like X dialogue didnt sound like Prof at all. And gambit and Old man scared of Warren oh for the love of god lame.
    X-Men Forever