Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Fair point; Emma too floated some things during that Onslaught issue of Gen X. But what about Federal Agent Reisz from the late Claremont period? Was he a mutant telepath too before SK high jacked him, or no?
    IIRC, Federal Agent Jacob Reisz was a dead flat scan before Shadow King possessed his corpse and impersonated him...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 01-03-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Shadow King and Xavier are just a tier above Emma, I suppose.
    indeed, emma herself would even admit as much ..

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    AFAIK, Federal Agent Jacob Reisz was a flat scan.
    Shadow King was even able to psychically heal his face when lil' 'Ro blasted him with lightning. Maybe a judicious use of mind-over-matter allowed Charlie to reform Fantomex's face into his.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Shadow King was even able to psychically heal his face when lil' 'Ro blasted him with lightning. Maybe a judicious use of mind-over-matter allowed Charlie to reform Fantomex's face into his.
    I am sure that's the face of Fantomex

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    indeed, emma herself would even admit as much ..

Plus, the Emma/Ororo and Emma/Bobby switches were both technological in nature, not purely a matter of Emma doing it all herself willfully, psionically. There was an actual gun in the first story, and a Shi'Ar power surge/Emma's coma pod in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I am sure that's the face of Fantomex
    With Charles's patented raised eyebrows? Have we seen Fantomex's normal face before?

Xavier lost his telepathy when Cassandra Nova trapped him in her body and that was after he was freed. It really is a mess in general

And as I said before. Frosts mind and body was severed before. Actually twice if you include the time the Phoenix sensed her mind clinging.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    IIRC, Federal Agent Jacob Reisz was a dead flat scan before Shadow King possessed his corpse and impersonated him...
    Dang. Can't nobody mess with Farouk! Resurrection with psionic powers! Take notes, everybody else!

Astonishing Member

With Charles's patented raised eyebrows? Have we seen Fantomex's normal face before?
    we have seen like half his face, iirc when he kissed Dr Nemesis and some time with Cyclops

he is a weapon x creation, and I think one of his names is Charlie Cluster, they could have used Xavier dna, who knows. After all the Cuckoos were created from dna they stole from the mansion when Emma was in coma, the period between fitzroy killing the hellions and phalanx.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Also how Gambit and Archangel remember Legion?
    I was going to ask the same question.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I was going to ask the same question.
    it wasn't just gambit and archangel,

spoilers for phoenix resurrection spoilers:
    kitty name-drops him as a missing telepath as well
    end of spoilers

we have seen like half his face, iirc when he kissed Dr Nemesis and some time with Cyclops

he is a weapon x creation, and I think one of his names is Charlie Cluster, they could have used Xavier dna, who knows. After all the Cuckoos were created from dna they stole from the mansion when Emma was in coma, the period between fitzroy killing the hellions and phalanx.
    I mean, it's clear the face here in Astonishing resembles Charles's. Isn't Fantomex basically an advanced bio-Sentinel with shape-shifting capacities, though(EVA)? Maybe Charles just accessed that potential, if that makes you feel better.

Side note, were the Cuckoos artificially aged? With the sliding timeline, that story probably only happened a handful of years ago, yet they seem to be teenagers/college-aged?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    it wasn't just gambit and archangel,

spoilers for phoenix resurrection spoilers:
    kitty name-drops him as a missing telepath as well
    end of spoilers
    Well, this is modern Marvel we are talking about. Continuity gets in the way of a good story, remember?

Astonishing Member

I mean, it's clear the face here in Astonishing resembles Charles's. Isn't Fantomex basically an advanced bio-Sentinel with shape-shifting capacities, though(EVA)? Maybe Charles just accessed that potential, if that makes you feel better.

Side note, were the Cuckoos artificially aged? With the sliding timeline, that story probably only happened a handful of years ago, yet they seem to be teenagers/college-aged?
    the sliding timeline doesnt work for babies-kids. the son of Colossus in the Savage Land was a well developed teenager the last time he was seen like 10 years ago.

the sliding timeline doesnt work for babies-kids. the son of Colossus in the Savage Land was a well developed teenager the last time he was seen like 10 years ago.
    Yes, but he was evacuated to another dimension whose time moves quicker when the Savage Land got toasted at one point in the 80's, so he as a specific reason(that Never-ending Story giant dog/ship and Storm's adopted mom live there, and took them in).

Besides, Piotr had that threesome like wayyyyyyyyyyyy back in the Byrne/Claremont era, so using him as a time guidepost for an event that would have happened much later(Phalanx) wouldn't work anyways.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-03-2018 at 11:39 AM.