Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Best part about 52 Batman

And don't just spew entire story arcs like "city of owls". Like I went back and really enjoyed the Mr. Freeze story line from City of Owls. Artwork was on point.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I hated Snyder's Freeze origin from City of Owls. Just a terrible unoriginal "he's just crazy" origin.

The best aspects: Making Joker the main sole villain of some arcs (he's not supposed to just be a guest star villain), the new villains/villains groups like The Court of Owls...this counter-bat ancient Gotham elite secret society and Mr Bloom...this villain that plays upon the real life American struggles of communities vs the police/city leaders.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by thefiresky View Post
    Best part about 52 Batman

Capullo's artwork.

Batman finally discovering the Sphinx (Edward Nygma, I don't remember his English nickname) in Zero Year and answering his enigmas before putting him done for good, only to be saved by Alfred.

New villains, Gotham being an important character of the story and Gordon being Batman for a while - found that story really interesting, amount of time it got was perfect.
    With blood and rage of crimson red,
    Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
    Together with our hellish hate,
    We'll burn you all,
    That is your fate!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Capullo's artwork.
    This, all the way. Best thing about New 52 Batman by long margin.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Yea, I did like the idea of Gotham as a character...this hungry city black mirror that tests you in every aspect of your being.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Batman finally discovering the Sphinx (Edward Nygma, I don't remember his English nickname) in Zero Year and answering his enigmas before putting him done for good, only to be saved by Alfred.
    That shot where he face stomps Riddler is glorious!

My favorite moment is actually #49 I think it is, where he is fighting Alfred to get into the Cave. The yanick paquette cover. Not his return in full action but just that moment where Bruce remembers who he is...hit me.

All those scenes and things the other cats in here mentioned were awesome too. I liked the Court of Owls mythology and the initial invincibility of the Talons made me nervous for Bats.

Other things...that Annual maybe #4 with the story about the inner city kid...and also the scene at the end of DOTF from my avatar where Bruce hugs Damian, who aside from being a trained League warrior is still a kid...a child...and Batman's son.
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

The Freeze retcon wasn't a great story for me, but the retcon itself I like. I tend to dislike romanticizing brutal cruelty, particularly when it generates fans who make "excuses" inspired by that, and that is where Freeze had gone, over the years since his for-love origin.

The best things, for me, were Batman sitting with the little kid in The Dark Knight, the glorious goodbyes to Renee and Steph afforded by Convergence, and how thoroughly trounced, and beautifully loved and supported Bruce was in the second volume of Batman Inc.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Always Rakzo

Court of Owls and Zero Year were the best parts of New 52 Batman and Snyder's run as a whole.

While Death of the Family and Endgame were the worst.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Capullo's artwork.
    I second that. He was great.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I second that. He was great.
    Actually, you'd be thirding it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    This, all the way. Best thing about New 52 Batman by long margin.

The way they did Joker was awesome. Before the reboot, Joker being out of Arkham didn't carry any weight. "oh the clown is out? must be a tuesday." In Snyder's run, when the Joker shows up, it's a big deal, sh#t goes down, and Batman is terrified about what Joker might do and directs all attention to taking him down. Granted Death of the Family and Endgame had their problems, but they did a good job making Joker seem like a big deal again.

The New 52 Batman costume: Best Batman costume EVER, IMO. Hated to see it go, especially for the one he is wearing now with the outlined Batman emblem and the purple inner cape.