Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

LOLz
    I miss old Bobby. He was fun and not a total spaz like nuBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    One thing I really love about this book is how it cemented Kitty and Bobby’s friendship. For two characters who went decades without any real interaction, it’s so neat to me that they now have this strong and very realistic relationship even if it doesn’t always portray Kitty in the best light.
    I agree. People are quick to jump the guns on Kitty, but I understand her. If I was in her position I would feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    >_>

I still want Daken x Bobby

<_<

Is that bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I have lost my hope tbh.
    Hey as Anduinel said, maybe the Apocalypse Seed is corrupting him and maybe he can reverse the damage he's done to Judah?

I feel like a Hermione/Lucius or Reylo fangirl at this point.

Sina Grace on the Rictor/Shatterstar thing:

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

I agree. People are quick to jump the guns on Kitty, but I understand her. If I was in her position I would feel the same.
    Yeah, I didn't get the bitter ex-girlfriend vibe, I got the concerned friend who rightly thinks Bobby is rushing into things because he's on that fresh out of the closet high.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I still dont like how everything out of bobbys mouth is about being gay. I liked it when someone came out as gay it wasnt in your face 24/7.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I still dont like how everything out of bobbys mouth is about being gay. I liked it when someone came out as gay it wasnt in your face 24/7.
    I do and don't get your point. On the one hand, I do wish we'd gotten more depth from Bobby then the typical coming out and finding boys story.

On the otherhand, I don't really see this as any worse than a book that completely centers on straight romance like Rogue & Gambit. It's not more 'in your face' than any other drama that happens in Xbooks which a lot.

The X-Men are soap operas so I don't see anything wrong with it getting a bit into depth on these type of issues. He just came out, give him a break to figure things out, if he has a 'big gay crisis' past this book then maybe I'll understand this complaint.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

kitty doesn't have the right to make iceman feel a certain kind a way for wanting to love his life. did she give iceman s call when she went flying in space with gotg guy?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I figured this one would be more divisive here. I enjoyed it, and there were some pretty funny moments throughout. The Northstar conversation was cool, as were the other cameos. I too am not a fan of the Ric/Star break, but as Anduinel pointed out, Grace is aware of the ramifications of that, so perhaps it serves a greater purpose leading into the New Mutants mini?

As for Daken, he's definitely gone full villain here, whereas in issue 4 you could still make the argument that him and Bobby were just butting heads. Not surprised about Judah getting impaled, poor guy. And Zach continues to annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    That’s such an over exaggeration. The story is about Bobby being gay and learning to be comfortable in his own skin. That is going to be something that takes precedence as it’s the theme of the book. It’s like complaining that the Jean Grey solo was too focused on the Phoenix, or that Astonishing is too focused on the Shadow King.

Also; the Daken storyline with Zach, the fight with the purifiers and them entering Bobby’s parents’ house and threatening his life because he’s a mutant, the storyline with the fake sentinels and the bits with the champions all took up a hefty chunk of the run so far and a lot of those plots had Bobby dealing with far more than being gay. He is gay, and is out of the closet. Most people who freshly come out have that part emphasized considerably until they find their place. It might not be your cup of tea but it makes sense, but even then saying that’s its all Bobby ever talks about is definitely false, there’s been a fair balance between that and his identity as a mutant and a superhero, some will just filter all of that out the minute Bobby talks about not being straight.
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

LOLz
    Whew. At first it looked like Bobby was risking his life and hitting on Illyana.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I feel like Daken is really only ever made himself a good person for Laura and, really, only Laura. And even his love for his little sister can probably be traced to his want and need for a mother figure, which Laura, given her track record for saving him, sort of takes the place of.

And maybe he loves Gabby, but even that can be argued to be just another extention of his not super healthy love for Laura.

It should be noted that Laura's own love for him isn't unconditional. She will wreck him if he gets out of line.

So, really, this issue isn't that far out of line. I mean, I do sort of feel bad for Daken. Guy knows he's doomed and that there's only so much he can do about it. He just picks an exceptionally cruel way to go about it because why not? The only two people he might care about-his little sisters-aren't at the party.
    I tend to look at Daken's affections for his siblings as being more based in narcissism than in longing for a mother figure. Laura is Daken's bright reflection, and while his affection for her may be rooted more in ego than empathy, his emotional investment is nonetheless real. Likewise Gabby - she's what Daken and Laura might have been if they had been rescued at a young age. I don't think having them (and possibly his dad now) as exceptions to his view that the world is his to use makes him a good person, but he is willing to do good if it will benefit that bare handful of people he gives a damn about.

DAKEN UPDATE, Y'ALL.

According to Mister Grace, via his Instagram account -- "Yes this Daken is characterize a little differently than what you see in Wolverine. Please assume events here take place before those. It'll be a cuter look once the arc is wrapped but I'm ok with you hating me till then."

On the subject of Kitty: she's fully mental
    I mean, yes, absolutely -- I totally understand and empathize with this feeling of abandonment and loss she must be feeling with Bobby LEAVING the mansion/X-life -- however long or brief his intentions may be. Losing a friend, especially for what you perceive as them leaving to pursue what appears to be "a chance at romance" ? I'd be questioning motive too.

With that being said, I've got TWO WORDS for you Kitty: STAR LORD.
    Miss PRYDE jumped ship -- hell, she jumped PLANET -- to pursue HER "chance at romance" with Peter Quill, didn't she?
    And in doing so, Miss PRYDE "abandoned" the original five X-Men she decided were HER responsibility. Brava Kitty. Top Marks there!

Just sayin'.
    But I suppose we often, as flawed human beings, find ourselves the most upset by behaviors in others we recognize in ourselves that make us ashamed.
    So basically what I'm saying is: Kitty is projecting all her shame and guilt over HER decisions onto ol' Bobsicle here. Cue the shame bell, y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I miss old Bobby. He was fun and not a total spaz like nuBobby.
    Naw, the whole reason I posted that image was to further support the hilarious jab at Chamber that people are arguing against in Phoenix Resurrection #2, as being "bitchy"
    This panel demonstrates he has a long history of both deliberately riling up his teammates (Namor and Dazzler in this instance) AND teasing "next generation x-youth" about them being less cool than he and his "senior" teammates.

Furthermore:

Bobby's hilarious. He's not bitchy. He's FUNNY. He teases.
    But now that he's GAY "funny teases" are "being bitchy". Pfft. <eye roll>

EDIT: Reflecting on my intention here, I think I simply posted in the wrong thread. Ha ha ha. Damn it.
    Last edited by Fokken; 01-04-2018 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I do and don't get your point. On the one hand, I do wish we'd gotten more depth from Bobby then the typical coming out and finding boys story.

On the otherhand, I don't really see this as any worse than a book that completely centers on straight romance like Rogue & Gambit. It's not more 'in your face' than any other drama that happens in Xbooks which a lot.

The X-Men are soap operas so I don't see anything wrong with it getting a bit into depth on these type of issues. He just came out, give him a break to figure things out, if he has a 'big gay crisis' past this book then maybe I'll understand this complaint.
    I would say they're both pretty in your face about the respective topics at hand.

Astonishing Member

This issue was messy as some have said. The Idie shopping moment at goodwill was flat out not necessary at all. Waste of time and space. Could have used that space to give Bobby more interaction with his friends at the party that would have mattered to the story imo.

I didn't like the random Shatterstar/Rictor "break" and suggestion for hookup without context but whatever. Northstar needs to keep Kyle away from the alcohol at parties cause he gets messy and tells all their business.