Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    DAKEN UPDATE, Y'ALL.

According to Mister Grace, via his Instagram account -- "Yes this Daken is characterize a little differently than what you see in Wolverine. Please assume events here take place before those. It'll be a cuter look once the arc is wrapped but I'm ok with you hating me till then."

On the subject of Kitty: she's fully mental
    I mean, yes, absolutely -- I totally understand and empathize with this feeling of abandonment and loss she must be feeling with Bobby LEAVING the mansion/X-life -- however long or brief his intentions may be. Losing a friend, especially for what you perceive as them leaving to pursue what appears to be "a chance at romance" ? I'd be questioning motive too.

With that being said, I've got TWO WORDS for you Kitty: STAR LORD.
    Miss PRYDE jumped ship -- hell, she jumped PLANET -- to pursue HER "chance at romance" with Peter Quill, didn't she?
    And in doing so, Miss PRYDE "abandoned" the original five X-Men she decided were HER responsibility. Brava Kitty. Top Marks there!

Just sayin'.
    But I suppose we often, as flawed human beings, find ourselves the most upset by behaviors in others we recognize in ourselves that make us ashamed.
    So basically what I'm saying is: Kitty is projecting all her shame and guilt over HER decisions onto ol' Bobsicle here. Cue the shame bell, y'all!

Naw, the whole reason I posted that image was to further support the hilarious jab at Chamber that people are arguing against in Phoenix Resurrection #2, as being "bitchy"
    This panel demonstrates he has a long history of both deliberately riling up his teammates (Namor and Dazzler in this instance) AND teasing "next generation x-youth" about them being less cool than he and his "senior" teammates.

Furthermore:

Bobby's hilarious. He's not bitchy. He's FUNNY. He teases.
    But now that he's GAY "funny teases" are "being bitchy". Pfft. <eye roll>

EDIT: Reflecting on my intention here, I think I simply posted in the wrong thread. Ha ha ha. Damn it.
    Thank you for this post. He's always been this way. And frankly, he reached Peak Bitchy in UXM during his treatment of Adult Scott. If anything, post coming out he has actually... softened quite a bit (for lack of a better way of putting it).

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Thank you for this post. He's always been this way. And frankly, he reached Peak Bitchy in UXM during his treatment of Adult Scott. If anything, post coming out he has actually... softened quite a bit (for lack of a better way of putting it).
    OMG post AvX Bobby RUINED Bobby for me.
    All of his GrrrrrScott rants and tantrums just ..... yeah. He was not my favorite X-guy for a while there.

All of his GrrrrrScott rants and tantrums just ..... yeah. He was not my favorite X-guy for a while there.
    Same! Like I still loved him but that was a rough time. He was easily the X-man most on the anti-Scott train besides Logan and Beast, and it was really getting on my nerves. And it's funny because while I've always liked Scott well enough, I was never passionate about him until AvX lol.

I really hope boyfriend guy doesn't die, last thing I want to see is Iceman mourning that nonentity. Just have them break up so we can start shipping Iceman with better matches.

Also on the post AvX characterisation, I always thought Bobby's relationship with Scott should have been explored a bit more. Cyclops was his hero and then he killed his Father figure, demonizing Cyclops was probably easier then trying to come to terms with what happened.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Post AvX Bobby was Bendis, right? That'll explain it.

Jason Aaron's WaTXM Bobby and Kitty were pretty good.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    I really hope boyfriend guy doesn't die, last thing I want to see is Iceman mourning that nonentity. Just have them break up so we can start shipping Iceman with better matches.

Also on the post AvX characterisation, I always thought Bobby's relationship with Scott should have been explored a bit more. Cyclops was his hero and then he killed his Father figure, demonizing Cyclops was probably easier then trying to come to terms with what happened.
    This right here.

It needed a couple of pages to explain, on panel, that this is what was going on, but this is how I saw that behaviour.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post

Agreed I would rather he live and he breaks up with Bobby because this is too much drama

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Yyyyyyyyup

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Excuse me but Jason Aaron's Bobby was absolutely trash lmao.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Excuse me but Jason Aaron's Bobby was absolutely trash lmao.
    LMAO beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    That’s such an over exaggeration. The story is about Bobby being gay and learning to be comfortable in his own skin. That is going to be something that takes precedence as it’s the theme of the book. It’s like complaining that the Jean Grey solo was too focused on the Phoenix, or that Astonishing is too focused on the Shadow King.
    They know what is ironic, for years there were always signs of a possible homosexuality or bisexuality of Bobby, and many iceman fans were angry, not all, but many, I believe many writers by trolling left those insinuations, until finally they took them really .

I am not against that, what if I do not like in this book is the treatment to daken, again the villain.

But the book that focuses mainly on this? In his sexual orientation, I understand this type of complaints and it was no wonder his cancellation, I really like Bobby and his sexual preference does not bother me, but that the book will revolve around this if I get a little disappointed.

On the other hand AXM focused on the shadow king and Xavier is horrible, but when the premise was a team book, as a fan of Rogue I can only say that it stinks, she only shine in the first number, and then I pass as happens with other characters of other xbooks, it seems adornment and no more, that's why I'm glad she's in UA, until they make a change of writers the xbooks will continue to be bad.

RogueAndGambit despite its detractors was great and very funny, but that's not the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    But the book that focuses mainly on this? In his sexual orientation, I understand this type of complaints and it was no wonder his cancellation,
    Yes, coz "straight" Bobby was soo successful at long running solo titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yes, coz "straight" Bobby was soo successful at long running solo titles.
    But let's agree that this new approach did not help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    But let's agree that this new approach did not help either.
    I don't think any approach would help as Bobby is not a solo star and I doubt he ever will be (which isn't a bad thing). Not all solo books are meant to make a character able to be solo sellers, some are for stories and character development that can't fit in the main team book and I think this book is one of them. It's primary purpose is to help Bobby (and the audience) come to terms with his new status quo. It's a story that couldn't be fleshed out properly in a main X-book with its many characters to juggle, so it makes sense to give it proper focus in an Iceman solo.

It would have been great if the book took off and Bobby became a successful solo seller, but that was unlikely to happen and that's ok as it's not the purpose of this book.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-04-2018 at 10:57 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I don't think any approach would help as Bobby is not a solo star and I doubt he ever will be (which isn't a bad thing). Not all solo books are meant to make a character able to be solo sellers, some are for stories and character development that can't fit in the main team book and I think this book is one of them. It's primary purpose is to help Bobby (and the audience) come to terms with his new status quo. It's a story that couldn't be fleshed out properly in a main X-book with its many characters to juggle, so it makes sense to give it proper focus in an Iceman solo.

It would have been great if the book took off and Bobby became a successful solo seller, but that was unlikely to happen and that's ok as it's not the purpose of this book.
    Well seen from that angle, you're right, which is sad for me.