Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 192

Thread: New Exiles book

  1. #136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Blink's black? Were there pictures of her before her mutation or pics of her parents?

    And don't tell me she's black because she's from the Bahamas, that'd be dumb.
    Ahmed said she's rocking the short fro because she's always been West Indian. Sooooooo yep, she's black!

    Don't know why it'd be such a problem??

  2. #137
    Fantastic Member Shadowcat99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    Ahmed said she's rocking the short fro because she's always been West Indian. Sooooooo yep, she's black!

    Don't know why it'd be such a problem??
    Exactly. Who cares? I'm just happy Blink is back. I've always had a soft spot for her.

  3. #138
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,883

    Default

    I always thought Blink was black, as in, she is a black pink person because she is a mutant, in the same way before the Azazel retcon Nightcrawler was a white blue person because he is a mutant.

  4. #139
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ţh жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    Ahmed said she's rocking the short fro because she's always been West Indian. Sooooooo yep, she's black!

    Don't know why it'd be such a problem??
    Because you can be from the West Indies and not be black. Also afros aren't really that popular here.

  5. #140
    Astonishing Member Celestial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    Ahmed said she's rocking the short fro because she's always been West Indian. Sooooooo yep, she's black!

    Don't know why it'd be such a problem??
    I always thought she was black too. I mean, is there any proof that she's white?

  6. #141
    Fantastic Member Shadowcat99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Because you can be from the West Indies and not be black. Also afros aren't really that popular here.
    So, it's a problem because not everyone from the West Indies is black? I'm not following your argument here.

    Personally, I never really cared what her ethnicity was. I just think she's an awesome character.

  7. #142
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat99 View Post
    So, it's a problem because not everyone from the West Indies is black? I'm not following your argument here.

    Personally, I never really cared what her ethnicity was. I just think she's an awesome character.
    Ahmed said she's West Indian. I don't why others are equating it to being black.

  8. #143
    Hound & Cosmic Traveller Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Beantown
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I always thought she was black too. I mean, is there any proof that she's white?
    We know that her ancestor is Frederick Slade and a Ms. Ferguson, both of whom were white. She got her powers from Slade's bloodline as he was Clan Akkaba. Outside of that she could be anything. I always assumed she was a woman of color myself.

  9. #144
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,639

    Default

    Yup. She's definitely a woman of colour. Mostly magneta.

  10. #145
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I always thought she was black too. I mean, is there any proof that she's white?

    Frederick Slade (Blink's great-grandfather) looks white to me. Perhaps, she's biracial? You know how those Europeans were back in the day...



    Apocalypse vs. Dracula
    Last edited by ZNOP; 01-08-2018 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Pic(s) added.

  11. #146
    Fantastic Member Shadowcat99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Ahmed said she's West Indian. I don't why others are equating it to being black.
    Ah, I think I was just not understanding what you were trying to say. I think I understand now.

  12. #147
    Fantastic Member Shadowcat99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yup. She's definitely a woman of colour. Mostly magneta.
    Haha! Exactly. That's one of the many reasons why I don't care what her ethnicity is. The main reason is that she's just freaking cool and that's really all that matters to me. But, at the end of the day, she's pink/purple/magenta so who cares?

  13. #148
    Super Moderator Tenebrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Movie Valkyrie is the blacked out character on the front it would seem.



    https://twitter.com/azalben/status/950416966036131841


  14. #149
    Astonishing Member Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    3,447

    Default

    So this comic doesn't come from the X-office. Explains the good writer, diversity and lack of mutants.

  15. #150
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    11,989

    Default

    It's two X-Men, two ex-Avengers, and a character whose 616 counterpart was a Defender. And yes, this is apparently from the Avengers office.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •