Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: New Exiles book

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Unpopular opinion, but I could do without Mimic. Let Blink date a guy who's not threatened by her relationship with her father figure, and thinking she's screwing him.

When it came to Blink & Creed's relationship, Mimic showed a very petty unattractive side. To the point of trying to find any fault with Creed, and accusing him of hurting Blink when Creed's the one who saved & raised her long before he showed up.

Good riddance to Mimic. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-24-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Unpopular opinion, but I could do without Mimic. Let Blink date a guy who's not threatened by her relationship with her father figure, and thinking she's screwing him.

When it came to Blink & Creed's relationship, Mimic showed a very petty unattractive side. To the point of trying to find any fault with Creed, and accusing him of hurting Blink when Creed's the one who saved & raised her long before he showed up.

Good riddance to Mimic. lol
    I like that Mimic a lot, and I also didnt give a damn about his relationship with Blink. There was no need to kill him "for that", just break them up. I also think he shouldnt have died, or that it would be easy to resurrect him, because he died with the healing factors of both Deadpool and Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I like that Mimic a lot, and I also didnt give a damn about his relationship with Blink. There was no need to kill him "for that", just break them up. I also think he shouldnt have died, or that it would be easy to resurrect him, because he died with the healing factors of both Deadpool and Wolverine.
    I wasn't wishing death on him. A break-up would've been fine. But since they did go that route, I'm not complaining. lol Though this isn't unheard of to push certain characters. Seems Mimic's death for Blink is like Synch's for Monet. Both tragically losing their first love, and may always be something that continues to effect them both & future relationships.

This is where the issue comes is. French & Algerian aren't races. Those are Nationalities where where a person lived or has citizenship. Like American. But there's black Algerians & French people. So those things don't help with race. Similar with Hispanic. It's an Ethnicity, but not a race.

And that's where the confusion comes in when these debates come up. Some get Nationality & Ethnicity mixed up with race, and thinks one cancels out the other.

Here's Monet's family.

Mere = Mother.
    Attachment 60447

Cartier = Father.
    Attachment 60449

Monet w/ Marius, aka Emplate
    Attachment 60448

Someone brought up her mom as Arab. But after the nice post be silence, just Arab doesn't identify a race either. She can be a white or black Arab -if not mixed. She's looks more black to me. Looks isn't the best way to identify in real life. But for comics & cartoons, you have to do that. Unless a creator comes out and says something.

I agree on Blink, and feel that's probably where she is.
    OMG why does this continue to be a thing. You have been debating this all over the place. M is one my favorite characters you can see her as black or mixed or white. Because she has never really been clearly defined and her appearance and hue changes with pretty much every artist that gets the privilege to draw her. What her race "is" is up to whatever writer and artist that is using her at the moment.

Also where she comes from isn't going to make her automatically black or white or whatever. It does give you and good idea of what she may look like though. Just by looking up how many different races there are in one country and what the most dominant one is.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    OMG why does this continue to be a thing. You have been debating this all over the place. M is one my favorite characters you can see her as black or mixed or white. Because she has never really been clearly defined and her appearance and hue changes with pretty much every artist that gets the privilege to draw her. What her race "is" is up to whatever writer and artist that is using her at the moment.

Also where she comes from isn't going to make her automatically black or white or whatever. It does give you and good idea of what she may look like though. Just by looking up how many different races there are in one country and what the most dominant one is.
    Well the debate had died some time ago, and was on a different topic currently. You brought it up again. And didn't you mention you didn't care what I saw Monet as? If you don't care, then don't talk about it & have your own opinion. Which you do, and I don't share it.

Feel free to ignore my responses. This site has an ignored feature. Otherwise, if you want topics to die down, the best way is not bringing them back up 2 months later since that reply was back in January. And the discussion had gone back to the Exiles series as a whole.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-24-2018 at 11:06 PM.

Well the debate had died some time ago, and was on a different topic currently. You brought it up again. And didn't you mention you didn't care what I saw Monet as? If you don't care, then don't talk about it & have your own opinion. Which you do, and I don't share it.

Feel free to ignore my responses. This site has an ignored feature. Otherwise, if you want topics to die down, the best way is not bringing them back up 2 months later since that reply was back in January. And the discussion had gone back to the Exiles series as a whole.
    Sorry it was on the previous page. My bad I don't look at the times things are posted. I am not saying I don't care about your opinion. Was just trying to say your opinion isn't going sway mine and I feel like you are making a campaign out of this issue. Either way we can agree to disagree.

I usually like your posts just not when you get on this subject. So there isn't that much of a need to ignore you.

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Exiles is very important creative space. It allows writers to explore the What If? / Quantum Leap space of alternate
    dimensions, under the radar characters, and more ambitious ideas outside the constraints of the 616 main timeline.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    What's the release date?
    10 Days Left!!!
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraEpidermis View Post
    Saladin posted on Twitter that Blink's new haircut is a reflection of her Bahamian roots which will be addressed in the book. I know AoA Blink is West Indian, but is he racially Black? Her hair has never been drawn coded as Black until this redesign, but neither has Monet or any other number of Black, female characters. Has this ever been addressed in story or by anyone who's written her?
    OMG!! I've been campaigning Blinks Blackness since MIDDLE SCHOOL when I learned she's from the Bahamas...which is like 90% black I love this soo hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Blink's black? Were there pictures of her before her mutation or pics of her parents?
    And don't tell me she's black because she's from the Bahamas, that'd be dumb.
    why did her "whiteness" never come into question with you?

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Frederick Slade (Blink's great-grandfather) looks white to me. Perhaps, she's biracial? You know how those Europeans were back in the day...

Apocalypse vs. Dracula
    I meeeean You know what colonization is right? Or interracial marriage. My grandpa is F.O.B.lily white Irish. And has progeny of all different hues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I already said on page 10 (I probably didn't express myself properly) that I was just a little bothered by people automatically assuming someone from the WI is black since although the majority on most areas are of African descent the region is widely diverse due to colonialism, indentureship, etc.
    April 11 for #1; April 25 for #2.
    but why would it surprise You?

OMG why does this continue to be a thing. M is one my favorite characters you can see her as black or mixed or white.
    Wait...you just answered your question???

Well I'm not white sooo
    And using your own logic,then Blink from the Bahamas would be Black while M could go either way...but her being your favorite character..after seeing her brother and sisters...like HOW would you still be unsure
    GrindrStone(D)

I'm trying to get past the mediocre art work.
    After a 9 year hiatus you think Marvel could put a talented artist on the book
    to actually make it appeal to returning fans and new readers to enjoy.

Look at the artist they got for Generation X, which was returning after 16 years. This is not that bad. Sadly, it was guilty of the same thing Exiles is doing now. But the art is already not as bad in Exiles, so maybe the characters & story will do better too.

Plkus it's only the artist's first chapter, and some do need a few chapters to warm up and get settled in with the characters. Using Yilidray Cinar as an example.

He's best artist Weapon X had, but he was all over the place the first chapter he did. Some of the stuff he drew was so bad it was comical.

Like his work on Sabretooth, who seems to be his favorite character (to draw at least). Yet there's scenes where he has man-boobs and s stomach that looks like he hasn't gotten off a couch in 10 years. Also his missing neck in the 3rd pic.
    Ugly Creed.jpg
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-06-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Look at the artist they got for Generation X, which was returning after 16 years. This is not that bad.

Plkus it's only the first chapter, and some artists do need a few chapters to warm up and get settled in with the characters. Yilidray Cinar is he best artist on Weapon X, but he was all over the place the first chapter he did. Some of the stuff he drew was so bad it was almost comical.
    I just remember the last round of relaunches, and the artists barely did one issue let alone a full arc and they were replaced by really poor artists.

There are THOUSANDS of amazing artists on social media dying to get a break, and Marvel chooses to hire sub-par talent. It is very upsetting.