Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Exiles book

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Another one? We already have X-Men Blue.
    further confirmation that the O5 are done for ...

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    WTF is a "Wolvie"?
    It's like a Bamf, but stabbier, I guess.

And I cheering for the O5 to stay in that title.

It's good to see Blink back but I'm not a fan of characters of other dimensions and did not like the team.

Honestly marvel we do not need more copies .

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Saladin Ahmed and Javier Rodriguez are probably the best writer artist combo the x books have assembled in a minute.
    Seriously! I also like the lineup except for the cartoon Wolverine which is almost strong enough to disuade me from giving this a try.

Exiles was founded on an unexpected lineup so I am on board.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 01-03-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Perfect chance to use O4, Jimmy*, Bloodstorm, and General Howlett.

*actually kill off Jimmy and replace with Kymera and Tempus.
    Last edited by Tycon; 01-03-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Perfect chance to use O4, Jimmy, Bloodstorm, and General Howlett.
    If Howlett and his Hercules come back, I might be tempted to get this.

BANNED

Wolverine (the real)

Old Man Logan

Jimmy Hudson

Laura

Gabby

Daken

Sabretooth

Lady Deathstrike

and now...

Baby Wolvie

Ooookay!!

***SIGH***

I started rolling my eyes but then I heard the name Saladin so I will defiantly be checking this out.

Holy, i didnt expect this.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Can Ahmed and Rodriguez take over on X-Men Gold instead, please?

Not read the original book, but this looks great. Love Blink, the chibi Logan is so sweet, and love the idea of an 'Old Man Kamala'. It helps that everything I have seen from Saladin has been gold. Will be giving this a go, for sure. Not surprised the line-up is getting some flack. To be honest, I don't think any line up would be praised universally by fans. I kinda like how they are strange unknowns, kinda goes with the theme of the big.

Okay, now I’m mad! After all these years we finally get a new alternate reality x-book that’s also an Exiles book and THIS is the cast we get?! WTF?! Over half of the announced characters aren’t even mutants or x-characters! If I wanted an alternate reality x-book I’m probably not interested in reading about Nick Fury or Kamala Khan or yet another friggin’ Wolverine! I can get a Wolverine fix from ANY of the other x-books so why would I bother with an Exiles book for that?! And no, a goofy cartoon version isn’t what I’m looking for either.

What is it with Marvel and the difficulty of releasing a single x-book that actually has a really good cast?! In Gold we have the same overused and boring cast (who have gotten less and less complex and interesting every year after Claremont’s original run which made all of them layered & complex). In Blue we have the damn O5 from the past (instead of their modern more interesting counterparts) who many fans don’t care about. Generation X focused on the most useless/hated x-students while all the promising ones are relegated to cameos in Gold (if they’re lucky). AXM had a mostly good cast but it was ruined by that damn Fantomex. Then we got Red which has a cast that’s just all over the place and now THIS?! I just don’t understand why it’s so hard to create one book where the entire cast is great and/or tolerable.

I’d much rather read an Exiles book about the past Exiles like AoA Blink, AoA Sabretooth, Morph, Thunderbird, Mimic, Nocturne, Sunfire and Heather Hudson or the other alternate reality non-Exiles X-Men like black Cyclops, gay Wolverine & his boyfriend Hercules. And if I can’t get that I’d at least like to get an Exiles book with an entirely new cast of mutants/x-characters like the last Exiles book with gay Beast, alternate Polaris, alternate Scarlet Witch & Black Panther who was the son of Storm & T’Challa. I mean, there are so many options for an Exiles book and they chose to go with Old Woman Kamala, cartoon Wolverine & Iron Lad with Nick Fury as their timebroker?! I really don’t see why this is even called Exiles anymore. Just call it Multiversal Avengers or Defenders or something that reflects what it is better.

*sigh*, rant over. I just had to get that off my chest since Exiles is one of my favorite x-books and I’ve always loved alternate reality what if stories. But I guess I’ll just skip this book too.
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 01-03-2018 at 05:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Blink is getting Carl Manvers syndrome.
    Outside of Blink, so far the only X-character is Kid Wolverine.
    Marvel, why?

Edit: An Old, grizzled Kamala could be interesting... Is she from OML’s reality?
    Blink debuted with short hair.

Last edited by Star_Jammer; 01-03-2018 at 02:40 PM.

I would have preferred a more X-oriented line-up, but this sounds cool.
    Ahmed is a great writer and it's nice to see AoA Blink again. I hope more X-men are added and we get so see Sage again.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Damn, son I am disappoint... want Exiles book... do not want this lineup. Which sucks I really loves the what if stories. I would like to see how the first team are getting on now.... The ex babies though interesting
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.