Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Exiles book

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Why does Marvel only allow women in a leadership position if they have short, "functional" hair? It's extremely sexist.
    Why do fans get so triggered by women with short hair? It's extremely homophobic.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    Why do fans get so triggered by women with short hair? It's extremely homophobic.
    There's nothing homophobic about it, what the hell? lol. People just have preferences for hair.

And there's a point about them only allowing women in leading roles to appear masculine. That's sexist. Of the female leaders around the MU the only one with long hair I can name off the top of my head is Jean Grey.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So instead of starting a series on the NXM kids that many fans are asking for, for years, we get this????
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Is it wrong I'm so excited for this? Exiles and Excalibur were always my favorite team books at Marvel so I'm pretty excited about some more multiversal hi-jinks.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    What is it with Marvel and the difficulty of releasing a single x-book that actually has a really good cast?! In Gold we have the same overused and boring cast (who have gotten less and less complex and interesting every year after Claremont’s original run which made all of them layered & complex). In Blue we have the damn O5 from the past (instead of their modern more interesting counterparts) who many fans don’t care about. Generation X focused on the most useless/hated x-students while all the promising ones are relegated to cameos in Gold (if they’re lucky). AXM had a mostly good cast but it was ruined by that damn Fantomex. Then we got Red which has a cast that’s just all over the place and now THIS?! I just don’t understand why it’s so hard to create one book where the entire cast is great and/or tolerable.
    Wow, you said this perfectly, couldn’t agree more.

This looks great. Definitely be picking it up. I loved Exiles (except the Claremont attempt)

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I heard good things about Black Bolt's writing so I'm keen to check this out. That said, this book feels pretty random and I don't see it lasting any longer than the last volume did.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Considering the gun, maybe. She has a healing factor, so she could've survived the hero massacre.
    Damnit, this is oddly interesting.

What in the world is this book. I don't understand how this got put together.

I loved Exiles (up until Claremont’s awful run) and I liked the newer series with Polaris, but I was satisfied with the sendoff the originals got and kinda think the concept should’ve been left alone. Not thrilled with this lineup enough to think otherwise

Loved the original book but this lineup is weak!

The original cast survived without Wolverine and any depiction of Iron Man is an instant no-buy for me.

Saladin posted on Twitter that Blink's new haircut is a reflection of her Bahamian roots which will be addressed in the book. I know AoA Blink is West Indian, but is he racially Black? Her hair has never been drawn coded as Black until this redesign, but neither has Monet or any other number of Black, female characters. Has this ever been addressed in story or by anyone who's written her?
    "I just came out to have a good time and I'm feeling very attacked right now"

How the heck is it homophobic? Do you have an actual reason why or are you just a SJW?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I wanna know who the final member is. I have a tempered excitement for this otherwise.
    It's either Doop or Rocket Raccoon. lol

Please don't imply that all women with short hair are lesbians.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraEpidermis View Post
    Saladin posted on Twitter that Blink's new haircut is a reflection of her Bahamian roots which will be addressed in the book. I know AoA Blink is West Indian, but is he racially Black? Her hair has never been drawn coded as Black until this redesign, but neither has Monet or any other number of Black, female characters. Has this ever been addressed in story or by anyone who's written her?
    Isn't Monet black in the way Kamala is? Their hair would naturally be straight.

Also, Blink's not an example of the leaders must have short hair thing that's been going on lately, because she actually started out with short hair, unlike Kitty, Carol, Crystal and Medusa. And Jean's not the only one who averts it. So do Kamala, Quake, and Rogue (Champions, Secret Warriors, and Uncanny Avengers respectively), who all have it past the shoulders.