Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Rogue isn't land to be conquered. She is a woman. A woman who has already expressed to Gambit on numerous occasions including in this issue that she doesn't want to be with him.

Gambit's approach here is archaic. What next, get a club and hit her over the head with it and drag her back to his cave?
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Rogue isn't land to be conquered. She is a woman. A woman who has already expressed to Gambit on numerous occasions including in this issue that she doesn't want to be with him.

Gambit's approach here is archaic. What next, get a club and hit her over the head with it and drag her back to his cave?
    He should turn heel..if he had, all this would be acceptable and justified.

I don't feel like copy and pasting posts, I'll reference, go back and read if you need to catch up. LOL

@PenUltimateInkmaster in post #130 - great first post and you summed up my issues with this book. Thank you for understanding the issues the "Gambit only" fan has with this first issue - and expressing those views in a elegant manner.

@Rod in post #133 - the comment does reflect the problem with how Gambit is portrayed in the issue.

While I'm not sure if its creepy or not and we've not factored in length of time for the "break" as it were. It's hard to determine what was appropriate.

Gambit hasn't progressed and that is bothersome for this fan.
    Last edited by Neko; 01-05-2018 at 12:20 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Kelly loves the first number, very funny and very well written.

BANNED

I hope Storm will appear on every issue of this minis series which i hope will become an ongoing series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I hope Storm will appear on every issue of this minis series which i hope will become an ongoing series.
    Storm being part of it is good but the theme of this book needs to progress...fast.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 01-09-2018 at 09:10 PM.

BANNED

Just got Gambit and Rogue (he's my primary interest--not her). I liked it. They're a hot couple and should be together.

Spectacular Member

I liked it. I felt there was a lot of subtext; especially about Gambit carrying the weight for both of them. This wasn't about flirting but about duty. Relationships are murky, sometimes one carries the burden while the other recovers strength.. Rogue is not disinterested; just pessimistic and lacking strength. I think she appreciates that Gambit is more optimistic but is worried he is wasting his time.

I have a weird view on relationships though, so I acknowledge I could be completely wrong. I don't expect comics to be primers for how relationships should work in real life though. Most people don't have life-sucking touch powers, so how Gambit/Rogue relationship works is not a model for real life. (To me). Both characters come off well here.

I loved it, now wanting the number two.

I leave with the intrigue as they were captured, that is, it is understandable that Gambit is captured and subdued without an exaggerated effort, but how do you submit and leave chained to a super strong class 100 ???? and do not let go immediately, I say if it is already difficult to submit a class 10 like Monet, with Rogue that is very strong that M, will be interesting.

Will someone cancel their powers?

I think it's very likely there's some sort of null tech involved. If not, I find it difficult to believe any of them could so easily have been subdued. But we don't know the whole picture, so who's to say what happened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Storm being part of it is good but the theme of this book needs to progress...fast.
    Background characters with a few lines from Storm at least.

Or Storm gets kidnapped and Rogue and Gambit saves her.

BANNED

I wonder if a therapist would actually shown to be dealing with this couple and if any unexpected or clichéd reason for their failing to make the realation work is going to be revealed. Imagine if it turns out the counsellor turns out to be mystique in disguise who has always taken a unhealthy interest in their relationship. lol
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 01-10-2018 at 01:08 AM.