Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Works for Rogue because without that man, her ass would of been dead and would never met LeBeau.
    Can't argue with that illogic.

Screaming "MAGNUS " and running to him over Xavier is a whole different scenario compared to your viewpoint.
    Must admit you got us on this one. Maybe that is the problem. Gambit needs to kill a few more people to show he is bad ass enough for Rogue to not judge him.
    Last edited by remydat; 01-03-2018 at 08:25 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Ultimate Member

Screaming "MAGNUS " and running to him over Xavier is a whole different scenario compared to your viewpoint.
    No it doesn't because Logan had already been attacked by Magneto and Xavier was still conscious, Magneto was out and a vegetable that a child could have defeated with ease...

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Works for Rogue because without that man, her ass would of been dead and would never met LeBeau.
    Well, if you want to be stupid about it, he also created the Brotherhood which was later taken over by Mystique where she then took advantage of Rogue and manipulated her into doing arguably the worst thing in her life. Without Magneto, its quite likely she would have lived a different life. Probably never put in the danger that required him to save her from. It's a big circle. Genius.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Can't argue with that illogic.

Must admit you got us on this one. Maybe that is the problem. Gambit needs to kill a few more people to show he is bad ass enough for Rogue to not judge him.
    Maybe because the retcon of her looking back for him after Uncanny #350 was just a tad bit too silly. This woman pursued Magneto in every 90s plot...lol. Then everyone is surprised they end together when on the same team. If Rogue wasn't gonna turn on Magneto in Uncanny #275, she never was. Thats just how she is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    No it doesn't because Logan had already been attacked by Magneto and Xavier was still conscious, Magneto was out and a vegetable that a child could have defeated with ease...
    But Rogue chose his side when all of them were near death. Really only left because Peter told her he would take care of him. Keep forgetting that part, don't you?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Well, if you want to be stupid about it, he also created the Brotherhood which was later taken over by Mystique where she then took advantage of Rogue and manipulated her into doing arguably the worst thing in her life. Without Magneto, its quite likely she would have lived a different life. Probably never put in the danger that required him to save her from. It's a big circle. Genius.
    Well Mystique took over nothing. Magneto left the Brotherhood stuff back in the 60s and was on the X men progressing at that point. Mystique was becoming more crazy while Magneto led Rogue, Cyclops...all of them.

Astonishing Member

Lololol.... leaving someone as a comatose vegetable in the care of not so bright and definitely not a doctor colossus is not choosing their side. It's leaving their side, literally. She left him there as comatose vegetable and never once looked back. Going back with Xavier who turned him into a vegetable and never said boo about it. And you were arguing in another thread that she would be mad at Betsy for killing him? That clearly doesn't bother her.

Though really....Jason follows us into the romy thread to harass us there and now has swipes the rogue Gambit review thread to post a snarky summary and start more fights. Dude, get another hobby...
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 01-03-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Gambit is still running after Rogue
    Rogue is still brooding about not having control of her powers
    I think the baggage between them is really minor in the grand scheme of comics
    I mean what is really keeping Rogue away from Gambit? Does she trust him? Will he stick around? etc
    No writer has ever really tackled their problems like this so KT deserves all the praise for doing it. A lot of couples in Marvel need couple's therapy Rogue and Gambit aren't the only ones but I will note once you get it out there I don't want to read about Rogue being this insecure again.

For some reason Rogue is only ever this insecure around Gambit. She's less fun southern belle and more emo moody stick in the mud
    I'd love to see that get addressed. Why is she so afraid of Gambit but not anyone else

BANNED

I love the fact that Storm is in this issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Lololol.... leaving someone as a comatose vegetable in the care of not so bright and definitely not a doctor colossus is not choosing their side. It's leaving their side, literally. She left him there as comatose vegetable and never once looked back. Going back with Xavier who turned him into a vegetable and never said boo about it. And you were arguing in another thread that she would be mad at Betsy for killing him? That clearly doesn't bother her.

Though really....Jason follows us into the romy thread to harass us there and now has swipes the rogue Gambit review thread to post a snarky summary and start more fights. Dude, get another hobby...
    Well..I had no idea Rogue thought so less of Peter. Thanks for informing me. Didn't get her off the hook in Bloodties though.

I started no fights. I told the truth and created a thread the Romy fans didn't want to create. Very simple.

And after Legacy 249, the debate over these characters were over. 7 years ago.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 01-03-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I love the fact that Storm is in this issue.
    She is a really, REALLY good friend of both the leads. If anyone deserved a cameo with dialogue it is her. I rather liked the supporting cast in the set up issue (other than kitty, but that cannot be helped). Armor, pixie, and psylocke were decent choices as well.

Pixie and Psylocke swap stories of their past affairs like children for some odd reason.
    What affairs?

Astonishing Member

Pixie thought Gambit and rogue looked 'hot' together and asked psylocke if she knew about when they were dating, and psylocke replies that she knows everything and pixie wants details and Betsy starts to tell pixie and armour about the picnic story while all three are walking out of the danger room. Take the original summary with a grain of salt, the OP is a well know Gambit/Romy hater...not a great summary of the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    which changes nothing... ah crap, I got sucked back into his vortex lunacy! My bad.
    I know... he's talking about only telling the truth, when he's claiming the truth is she left her friends side when they were suffering when she didn't leave her friends side, period.

BANNED

Recent events maybe have me a little sensitive and watching too closely, but Gambit came off a little bit strong at times in this, but overall I liked it a lot. Just gotta make sure Gambit doesn't come off too forceful or creepy.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Recent events maybe have me a little sensitive and watching too closely, but Gambit came off a little bit strong at times in this, but overall I liked it a lot. Just gotta make sure Gambit doesn't come off too forceful or creepy.
    Agreed with this. Thought it was a decent first chapter.But I definitely understand the complaints and worries about Gambit being pathetic as always.