Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Well, it comes to me to bring up Malazan again. And Malazan brings us Dragnipur, the sword of Anomander Rake. Dragnipur imprisons anything it hits inside a parallel dimension, chaining the being to a giant wagon that tows the gateway to the realm of Darkness away from the mouth of Chaos. It has worked on elder and younger gods, completely immortal killing machines, even its own creator. Hell, and even Rake himself in the end.

It's not a simple ddump either, as beings who can walk dimensions like I walk into a pub are stone cold stuck there for hundreds of thousands of years with zero hope of escape.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The Angel Arms were more the user than any actual gun. In the anime, they appeared to be more like catalysts that would trigger the physical transformation of Vash or Knives, but they did seem to still be part of the end result; in the manga, the Angel Arms weren't any physical weapon, but rather the biological weapons/objects Vash and Knives could produce.
    Doesn't really matter once the Lazy Gun *and* the Speaking Gun come into the equation.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

It occurs to me that the Ultimate Nullifier is essentially a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    It occurs to me that the Ultimate Nullifier is essentially a gun.
    Not.. really, no. Also it's not really a win if you kill yourself and your opponent and the immediate chunk of reality. More a draw.

Nothing suggests Joe Rando Equal Stats to be capable of using it without self nullifying.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Not.. really, no. Also it's not really a win if you kill yourself and your opponent and the immediate chunk of reality. More a draw.

Nothing suggests Joe Rando Equal Stats to be capable of using it without self nullifying.
    It has a trigger and a nozzle that releases a projectile when you squeeze the trigger. It's not really its fault that most people can't really control its AOE.

That does bring up the question as to whether or not the composite weapons allow you to selectively use their abilities, or whether you have all their abilities and downsides at the same time. I mean, quite a few weapons are cursed or just as dangerous to the user as the target.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Assuming that the one wielding either weapon is incapable of actually properly wielding the weapon seems odd, to me.

I mean, the Ultimate Nullifier is definitely more difficult to use than most other things, but I'm imagining the spirit of the thread is aligned with the two people actually being able to competently use what they have.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

In Pre-Crisis there was the Sword of Superman that made Superman a universal being.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Doesn't really matter once the Lazy Gun *and* the Speaking Gun come into the equation.

Speaking Gun is hella powerful, but I'm dubious if it will help guns trump the various magical Excalibur's and god swords that seem to be floating around, like Michael's Flaming Sword.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    It has a trigger and a nozzle that releases a projectile when you squeeze the trigger. It's not really its fault that most people can't really control its AOE.

That does bring up the question as to whether or not the composite weapons allow you to selectively use their abilities, or whether you have all their abilities and downsides at the same time. I mean, quite a few weapons are cursed or just as dangerous to the user as the target.
    You press a button in a variety of its depictions. It's also starting to stretch things as far as what I presumed the OP's intent of "should at least look like a gun."

Anyway, I haven't myself been spotting Joe Rando the ability to casually use whatever thing scott free, I didn't note the Black Sword until people noted various power up swords, at which point I figured sure, that should allow for the survival of using it.

Composite sword = Excaliber+ ebony blade+ dragonfang+ sword of greyskull+ soulsword (magik) + soul taker (Katanna) etc etc

Composite gun

Phaser + blaster + Crimson avenger guns that always hit intended target to matter where aimed + SOK guns that kill even omnipotent beings.

Seems we can come up with a stalemate when we combine everyrhing