Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Default EXILES Return With NICK FURY Sr., BLINK, IRON LAD, More

https://www.newsarama.com/38029-exil...ew-series.html

Black Bolt writer Saladin Ahmed and Daredevil artist Javier Rodriguez will launch a new Exiles series starring a whole host of returning characters. The new series will revive the concept of a team from across multiple timelines with a twist – this time, the team is in the employ of the Unseen, a.k.a. the original Nick Fury.

The new Exiles team consists of Blink, Iron Lad of the Young Avengers, a future version of Kamala Khan, a chibi-style cartoon version of Wolverine, and a mysterious, unrevealed fifth member.

“Exiles is a two-fisted, big-hearted wild ride of a book about a diverse team of alternate universe Marvel heroes banding together to stop a dire threat to the multiverse. Sort of What If? meets classic X-Men,” said Ahmed in a statement. “Grizzled old Kamala Khan! Disgustingly cute cartoon Wolverine! It’s a dream of a book to be working on for a Marvel fanboy such as myself, full of deep-cut guest stars and mind-blowing easter eggs. But it’s also new-reader friendly - a self-contained story of a group of misfits coming together, learning to trust each other, and, if they’re lucky, saving the !@$# universe.”

It is unclear whether Exiles is an ongoing series or limited series. The first issue is due out on stands April 11.

Here’s the full solicitation:

EXILES #1
    Written by SALADIN AHMED
    Art by JAVIER RODRIGUEZ
    Cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    Variant Cover MIKE MCKONE
    On-Sale 4/11/18

As long as the Unseen is chewing on a half lit cigar, I’ll take it.

.... maybe the Exiles can all wear eyepatches.

This is so freaking random... and I love it! I'm glad Marvel is giving Saladin Ahmed more work. His work on Black Bolt was really impressive.

If I wasn't sold on the Unseen, Blink and Iron Lad, that chibi Wolverine would've done the job alone. I applaud Ahmed for finding a way to include an incredibly overused character in his title that doesn't make me roll my eyes, LOL.

I wonder who the fifth member is... that pointy weapon looks familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

EDIT: I stand corrected on this being a mini. The official announcement on the Marvel website directly states it's going to be an ongoing. So yay for more issues (if it doesn't get cancelled very early on, that is).
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-03-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member

fifth member is probably Angela, hence a downplayed Blink.

Spectacular Member

Grizzled old Kamala Khan + chibi Wolverine sounds perfect. Gives me the same giddy feel as DC's Multiversity and seems like it'll be a fun ride. Saladin Ahmed's Black Bolt has been great so like Tom King, Jeff Lemire and Donny Cates, I'll happily follow him to his other books.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Not read the original book, but this looks great. Love Blink, the chibi Logan is so sweet, and love the idea of an 'Old Man Kamala'. It helps that everything I have seen from Saladin has been gold. Will be giving this a go, for sure.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

They're calling it an ongoing at Marvel.com. https://news.marvel.com/comics/82580/exiles-the-return/

Not interested in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    fifth member is probably Angela, hence a downplayed Blink.
    That'd be nice, as I really think Marvel should put Angela to good use, but why would she be a mysterious member, to the point they had to conceal her identity on the solicitation?

BANNED

Old Kamala and Blink are my only reason for checking out the first couple of issues

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That'd be nice, as I really think Marvel should put Angela to good use, but why would she be a mysterious member, to the point they had to conceal her identity on the solicitation?
    Could be the 1602 version from Secret Wars.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That could be one of the Midnight Angels from Black Panther.

I want to see this book include a version of Spider-Man where Ganke was bitten by the spider.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I think Saldin is an impressive author too. I'm not so sure I like/get the chibi Wolverine, but I've also had to accept (somewhat) Squirrel Girl and Deadpool. They used to pull me right out of whatever comic I was reading, quite frankly.

The weapon thing almost looks like something from a Golden Age character, or am I hoping?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Could be the 1602 version from Secret Wars.
    That would be awesome, but the spear looks quite different. Of course, she could've gotten a redesign, but I still think it's unlikely it will turn out to be her.

Fun fact: 1602 Angela, or Faustia, as she goes by now, actually made it to the 616 universe and had a plot in the Angela: Queen Of Hel series. She ended up as the queen of a new afterlife dimension called Elysium that Angela created with the powers she took from Hela. If Marvel ever uses her again, I'm hoping they would at least pick up from that.

BANNED

Chibi Wolverine got me like...yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.