Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Saladin Ahmed has me excited. Otherwise, I wouldn't even consider this book. Javier Rodriguez's art should probably be good, although I was sometimes hit and miss with it on Royals.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fifth member could be a magical girl version of Squirrel Girl. That looks like her distinctive bushy tail, don't you think?
    Squirrel Girl was my first guess for the sane reason.

Chibi Wolverine and Old lady Khan threw me all the way off. I need to read that first issue to gauge how I really feel about this
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

This is a pretty great way to start the year. Saladin Ahmed is one of the Marvel's best writers, as Black Bolt proves every single month. And the Exiles are a great concept, and this is a pretty great line-up. So I'm totally down for this.

I'll definitely give it an issue.

The original Exiles was one of my favorite books for a long time, so the bar is pretty high here. Seriously, it's gonna have to do a lot to earn that name in my mind and a spot on my pull. And I dont know if I've read anything by the author.

But Old Lady Khan? Cartoon Logan? Blink? Those are three interesting reasons to check this out.

Gods I hope its good.

Wonder if it'll tie into the Richards family and all the stuff they've been getting up to? I mean, if they don't.....that's a pretty big missed opportunity. Even if the FF are being set up to return elsewhere (so Im told) they should be involved in a team like this in some fashion.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fifth member could be a magical girl version of Squirrel Girl. That looks like her distinctive bushy tail, don't you think?
    Could be. Although my first thought seeing the silhouette was that it was a cape.

The Fifth: First pic makes me Wonder Man/Plastic Man but the second pic makes me think Thor with a shovel.

I thought I wouldn't be adding any more Marvel titles, I was wrong! I'm so ready for this!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And I dont know if I've read anything by the author.
    Unless you've read his prose novels, the only comic he's writing is Black Bolt. I think he's done a great job with that, but you would know whether you've read it or not. The first couple issues should be on Marvel Unlimited if you want to check them out.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    The last time we had a cross-multiverse team was Web Warriors, which has soured me on the concept considerably. I'll wait for more info before deciding on whether to pick this up.
    In this books defense, there is a key difference between the two: Web Warriors was a book where basically every character was the same character (Spiderman). Yes, they were alternate versions and they had subtle nuances, but at the end, they were all variations of the same thing. It had no variety.

This has variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I want to see this book include a version of Spider-Man where Ganke was bitten by the spider.
    I kinda bought it would’ve been fun to toss in a grown up Gerry Drew.

I’m so on board for this book just because of the creative team. Saladin Ahmed and Javier Rodriguez and Jordie Bellaire? It’s a no brainer.
    Last edited by Seren; 01-04-2018 at 08:42 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

First thought about future Kamala: Cable's Time Travel Rule No.1 Carry a bigass gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Could be. Although my first thought seeing the silhouette was that it was a cape.
    Please please please no I love the Exiles they're my favorite concept because I love parallel universes stories but darn Squirrel Girl would kill this for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    I doubt it Angela, or at least modern 616 Angela. The solicitation states that it's a multiversal team, or at least handles multiversal threats, which would be why Blink is the only one in the roster from the current 616 (kamala is Future, and Iron Lad is the past...but also the future...or possibly an alternate version? And wolvie is from another dimension). I thought it might be the executioner from contest of champions but the sword design is off. this team is so off the walls it could literally be anyone.

That being said, this book already made me mad. Marquez is one of my favorite artists hands down and I thought he was going to be doing this book for a moment, but no, it's Javier rodriguez. Oh well. The guy's not bad, his work on spider Woman was fine, and he showed a good range in the sorcerers supreme book, but its nothing that will excite me. Didn't read blackbolt because I couldn't get into the art, but ive heard only good things about blackbolt which is shocking considering he's inhuman. Also, I'm glad someone is finally doing something with the unseen and this book seem to be filling that "weird spot" that marvel needs to fill.
    How do we know its 616 Blink and not original Exiles Blink from AOA?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Unless you've read his prose novels, the only comic he's writing is Black Bolt. I think he's done a great job with that, but you would know whether you've read it or not. The first couple issues should be on Marvel Unlimited if you want to check them out.
    Ah okay. No, Im not reading Black Bolt. And between work and classes (and kids and wife and the guttering remains of a social life on its last dying embers) I barely have time for novels.

I love the concept and people here seem to like Black Bolt so I will definitely give this an issue or two though.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.