Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Not crazy about a chibi Wolverine but this book seems interesting, but with all the cancellations I'm not sure I want to pick it up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    How do we know its 616 Blink and not original Exiles Blink from AOA?
    We don't. That being said, all of the other characters are very clear in where they are from. Chibi is from the mojoverse, kamala is from the future, and Iron Lad is from the past/future. I feel if she was from AOA they would've mentioned. Or they could've let it out, who knows.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    We don't. That being said, all of the other characters are very clear in where they are from. Chibi is from the mojoverse, kamala is from the future, and Iron Lad is from the past/future. I feel if she was from AOA they would've mentioned. Or they could've let it out, who knows.
    I believe the writer has confirmed AoA via his Twitter.

Headshot of Old Lady Kamala
    D8C54558-BC53-44A9-A1CF-5453AF041196.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Thank you that makes a lot more sense then 616 version.

Exiles as a concept has always been interesting to me, and I've heard the tales of the original Marvel runs, plus have a soft spot for Blink. Those two alone already piqued my curiosity, but alternate dystopian Old Lady Kamala just sealed the deal. I'm so getting this title when it comes out.
    Last edited by Xalfrea; 01-04-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I love how he doesn't even try to explain when Iron Lad comes from because it's too complicated, LOL. If this Iron Lad is supposed to be the young Nate Richards we've met on Young Avengers and who was a hero, I think it makes the most sense if he comes specifically from the time between when he left the team on vol. 1 until his reappearance on The Children's Crusade. Ahmed could easily say that was one of the things he was doing during that time without contradicting anything. Now, if he's post-TCC, that'd be interesting too, because I've always wondered what exactly happened to Nate during that time and what exactly pushed him over the edge, to the point he would become a villain (Kid Immortus). That would challenge the way Ahmed has to write him, though, because he can't be too heroic (at that point, he had killed someone in cold blood for no reason at all). The Young Avengers fanboy in me can't help but overthink all the possibilities.

BTW, Ahmed says we should find out who the mystery member is next week:

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...09982099460096

they really could have saved that chibi style wolverine. it's a pass, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Headshot of Old Lady Kamala
    D8C54558-BC53-44A9-A1CF-5453AF041196.jpg
    reminds me of Voyager.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they really could have saved that chibi style wolverine. it's a pass, for me.
    The X-Babies have been drawn in different styles that can fit in a bit better with traditional art styles. The interesting thing is that this is seemingly the 'bad guy' version, Wolvie. It is something that interior art, and some dialogue, will determine if his inclusion will be a negative for me.

Incredible Member

This is gonna make up for the cancellation of she-hulk.

As for the 5th member, I'm gonna say either death's head, or beta ray bill.....

Incredible Member

The X-Babies have been drawn in different styles that can fit in a bit better with traditional art styles. The interesting thing is that this is seemingly the 'bad guy' version, Wolvie. It is something that interior art, and some dialogue, will determine if his inclusion will be a negative for me.
    Not X-Babies Wolvie, but Mini-Marvels Wolvie (Chris Giarusso). Series of humor strips that ran in Marvel Comics for many years.

(Personally, I think The Fiend With No Name would have been a better choice for a Wolverine.)

All-New Member

Bout time. Morph should appear at some point and they should visit Nocturne and Thunderbird. Excluding Chuck Austen's horrifying run eXilez was an amazing book.

The 6 issue reboot was terrible though. I hope they i clude a queer character down the line. When DC has so many queer characters front and center and with their own books it feels like Marvel has issues.

I'm really excited about Old Lady Khan!!! Blink has to be in eXiles no matter what and I can't imagine Kamala without a sense of humour.

Iron Lad is a unique choice and I'm very happy it's a writer of colour on the title!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Not X-Babies Wolvie, but Mini-Marvels Wolvie (Chris Giarusso). Series of humor strips that ran in Marvel Comics for many years.

(Personally, I think The Fiend With No Name would have been a better choice for a Wolverine.)
    The writer said it was the Adorable X-Babies version.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I saw someone on Twitter suggesting the fifth member is MCU!Valkyrie and I'm obsessed with this idea now.