Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Well I can't imagine it being THE MCU Valkyrie but I wouldn't be surprised if they used a version based on her.

That being said MAN I can't wait for this book. Exiles was one of my biggest comic loves when I first started reading comics, read it all (yes even the Claremont era, alas). Can't wait.

Now I just hope someone finds out and jokes about Blink having kissed Annihilus way back when. :P (Back in the Blink mini that preceded Exiles)

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I saw someone on Twitter suggesting the fifth member is MCU!Valkyrie and I'm obsessed with this idea now.
    Well, they were probably going to work her in eventually...

It is indeed Valkyrie. And the book is out twice a month!
    https://www.newsarama.com/38088-thor...-universe.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, the twice a month is enough to kill any interest I had whether I was able to get past any knee-jerk reaction to pandering to the MCU or not.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I was really excited about the idea when I suggested it, but I was NOT ready to actually turn out to be true. I'M SHOOK!

As for the double shipping, yikes. I'm guessing Marvel is expecting this book to not last very long, aren't they? Hopefully Ahmed already has a conclusion in mind to the story already.

Also, he confirmed this Iron Lad is pre-Young Avengers, which is kind of strange to me, since I've always assumed he only became Iron Lad BECAUSE of the Young Avengers, but I guess there's enough blank space in young Nate Richards's story that Ahmed can fill.

Anxious for this title, though, so far, the line-up really isn't exciting me much. Hope there'll be some rotation, as in the original series. Though my two favorites, Morph and Mimic are absent, like that Blink is back (though I have to say I didn't like the Afro do. Never Knew she was black, nor that she wasn't for that matter, but just not a fan of the new look). Dig the new Valkyre (though I wish they'd not focus so hard that she's like the MCU Valkyre. She's an alternate dimension Valkyre and she's black - who knows, maybe the aseir have a different look where she comes from? - that should be enough. To hell with the MCU messing up with the MU, IMHO) and Iron Lad. Never warmed up to Kamala Khan, so really not much intrested in her adult version, and cartoon Wolverine? Argh! Don't we have enogh bad versions of him already? Hopefully the last two will soon be substituted be characters mor of my liking. I liked that they went outside of the X-Men board of characters to make up the line-up. Hope they continue to mix it up a lot.

Peace

Double shipping?

I prefer that to a monthly schedule, but only at the 2.99 price point. I'm quite happy to pay 6 bucks a month for forty pages, but 8 bucks feels like Marvel just shamelessly trying to rip me off.

What's the price on this Exiles? Probably gonna be a trade-wait scenario for me now. Shame.

Interesting that they're using a MCU-inspired Valkyrie. Haven't seen Thor 3 yet so I dunno anything about the version they're pulling inspiration from but Im not against the idea.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member

I don’t think the book is double shipping outside of the first month.

Astonishing Member

Okay that was a genuine surprise Valkyrie sounded like a fun addition but I didn't think she'd actually be here. Sweetness.

And it sounds like she'll be hitting on quite a few ladies.

The Pre Young avengers bit I suppose makes sense. Didn't he adopt that design to assemble the Young Avengers originally? I hope he gets to be the hero the 616 version wasn't allowed to be.

Astonishing Member

Yeah double shipping is a bit odd but if it helps the book get some attention I'm a Okay with it.

It does have a lot going against it so far. Exiles has been a hard sell for quite a while. Even Jeff Parker's run which was GREAT didn't sell well.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    The Pre Young avengers bit I suppose makes sense. Didn't he adopt that design to assemble the Young Avengers originally? I hope he gets to be the hero the 616 version wasn't allowed to be.
    It's hard to tell, because the story started with the team already formed and we would only get a few additional information of what was going on before. I don't remember if it was actually stated when the Iron Lad mantle came into play, but I was under the impression that it was something Nate had chosen AFTER he recruited the boys and they decided to mold themselves after the Avengers. I could be wrong about that, though.

Also, I don't think this is supposed to be a different version of the character, just him from a previous time. At least I don't think they would be connecting him to the Young Avengers if it was supposed to be someone else.

Sounds like she's going to be the Sara Lance of the team.

It was probably inevitable that MCU Valkyrie would migrate to the comics at some point, and she seems like she'll be a fun addition to the team .

Though, being on Exiles, I'm curious if she'll ever move to consistent appearances in 616 proper. I know Brunnhilde got a teaser for something in Aaron's Thor run.

I do find it kind of funny that her hair is longer then Blink's in this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Also, he confirmed this Iron Lad is pre-Young Avengers, which is kind of strange to me, since I've always assumed he only became Iron Lad BECAUSE of the Young Avengers, but I guess there's enough blank space in young Nate Richards's story that Ahmed can fill.
    Well, at least timeline-wise I think that puts this Iron Lad farther back from becoming Kang then he was by then.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like she's going to be the Sara Lance of the team.

It was probably inevitable that MCU Valkyrie would migrate to the comics at some point, and she seems like she'll be a fun addition to the team .

Though, being on Exiles, I'm curious if she'll ever move to consistent appearances in 616 proper. I know Brunnhilde got a teaser for something in Aaron's Thor run.

I do find it kind of funny that her hair is longer then Blink's in this...

Well, at least timeline-wise I think that puts this Iron Lad farther back from becoming Kang then he was by then.
    I like the sound of that.

You know, say what you want about the MCU synergy thing, I think this was REALLY smart of Marvel, specially how they decided to announce it separately from the main series. In a few hours, I'm already seeing every possible entertainment news website reporting this in big headlines letters, which is good promotion for them. I'm still not expecting the book to last very long, but at least they're trying to get people's attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Of course she is.

This book was likely done just for that.