Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default "I Created the X-Men. You're Welcome"- X Appreciation Thread

This thread is to appreciate the creator of the X-Men himself brought back in a new and exciting form Charles Xavier aka X!

IM BACK B***H's

Characteristics:
    Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 190 lbs.
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Blond (formally bald)

Powers:

Professor X is the most powerful telepathic mutants in the world. He is an Omega Class Telepath. He is able to read minds and communicate telepathically on a high level nearly anywhere around the world or even on a galactic level. With his telepathic power Professor X can manipulate, erase and create memories, control the actions of people and can mentally harm someone even to the degree of causing death. His gift allows him to opens channels of communication and plant suggestive thoughts even if a person is extremely far away. He is considered a very intelligent man, being able to learn things quickly by accessing someone's brain and learning from it. He can also give his teachings to other people by telepathy, and they can learn as quickly as him as well. This includes learning alien languages too. Xavier can also make it seem like he can alter time to a degree when Xavier trains a new group of mutants telepathically which seems as if they've only been learning for months when in reality it was in hours. In truth, this ability was just him using his telepathy to alter their perceptions of time. He also has the ability to project his astral form and control the astral plane.

My thoughts on X from another thread:
    I feel that X taking for Fantomex body and the way he is acting is how most people would act if you spent years trapped in what equates to mental limbo with a mad man. What is so great about Soule's story is that he is setting up psychological aspects with Charles that should carry over into very huge character developments.

We have a man who was originally defined by peace, unity, and turning the other cheek coming back from years of fighting for his own sanity in a sense. He has probably seen his students and loved ones die several times overs in the scenarios him and the Shadow King has played out. It's even possible in some of those scenarios Charles himself did the killing just to stay dominant or on even footing with his aggressor. What we are seeing now is possibly a Charles Xavier, after years of battling, who is now somewhat numb to the previous ideals he use to hold dear, possibly to a degree that he is wondering why he is even fighting for them at all. The fact that he was so cool with taking Fantomex's body is just another example of that.

All of which is amazing story material and character exploration that should be LOADS better than....

"Well here is Grandpa Chuck again everyone. Same Hero, New Wheelchair! Watch as he tries to interact with his battle harden students searching desperately for a place among them and then slowly fades into the background of his over crowed mansion."

Been there ,done that, and saw all three movies. This could be the Charles Xavier that everyone always wanted but never even knew it, if handled correctly. This could be front line Charles, a practice what he preaches Charles, and if nothing else a Charles that will make a lasting impression.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-04-2018 at 07:22 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

There were a few threads about Chuck returning to us but I couldn't find a singular one so here ya go.

I am loving the way Soule is handling him in Astonishing X-Men. It's even better that his students aren't sure how to feel or think about the situation. Conflicted on whether to be thrilled or upset. Love the drama there.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Ultimate Member

Though are we sure that it's not actually the Shadow King just acting like Xavier...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though are we sure that it's not actually the Shadow King just acting like Xavier...
    At this point even if it is the Shadow King I want him to stay. We will just turn it into a Shadow King/X Appreciation thread.

X is slick and fun!(so far)

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But how would SK look like Charles? I didn't think he could do that.

Professor, er Charles, er X may be acting...mysterious, but he might be the real thing...

Ultimate Member

With his level of tp the Shadow King could make himself look however he wanted, and if he can just fix Warren like that he can do a lot...

Charles Soul Talks the Return of Charles Xavier!

https://www.cbr.com/charles-soule-as...harles-xavier/

This battle against Proteus is going to be lit!

WHY didn't they codename him "Cerebro"?

It's got the same beat-beat-"o" like his nemesis Magneto.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Think it would be really hard to get away with a name like that now a days. Magento only works now because it's been in use for so long.

I also think Soule didn't want to disconnect Charles already established branding. He has been know as Professor X for ever so much so that it is his code name. The shorting to X keeps his branding in tact while also still plays along with him being the creator of the X-Men.

But I can totally see where your coming from with that. If this was still the 60's or even the 80's that name for sure would work.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    WHY didn't they codename him "Cerebro"?

It's got the same beat-beat-"o" like his nemesis Magneto.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    I just want to keep saying "CEREBRO. MAGNETO."

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Think it would be really hard to get away with a name like that now a days. Magento only works now because it's been in use for so long.
    I mean, it helps that a magneto is an actual generator, with the word first coined in the 1880s.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    But I can totally see where your coming from with that. If this was still the 60's or even the 80's that name for sure would work.
    So you're saying this is the hip new fresh 21st century Charles Xavier, designed to appeal to da kidz?

Is that Psylocke going up against Xavier?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    So you're saying this is the hip new fresh 21st century Charles Xavier, designed to appeal to da kidz?
    I think he is suppose to appeal to everyone really. It's still good ole Chuck but now in a slicker model. It's like a car upgrade car in some sense.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Happy MLK day!
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.