View Poll Results: Which one is your favorite?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • DC Animated Movie Universe

6 10.91%
  • Teen Titans Go

4 7.27%
  • Teen Titans: The Animated Series

20 36.36%
  • Young Justice

25 45.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Animated Incarnation of the Titans?

Teen Titans
    [2003-2006]

Young Justice
    [2010-2013; 2018-??]

Teen Titans Go
    [2013-??]

Last edited by El_Gato; 01-03-2018 at 07:55 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

DC Animated Movie Universe
    [2016-??]

The Teen Titans characters have had tremendous success in the animated world, spawning 3 seperate animated series and 3 seperate direct to video movies so far! My question is which of the 4 incarnations introduced so far is your personal favorite or the best one in your view?
    Last edited by El_Gato; 01-03-2018 at 07:58 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I'm not going to count Young Justice because, while it does include some Titans in it, it's more of a general teen Superhero show comprising people from both the Titans and Young Justice teams then it is a Teen Titans show.

I think it's really hard to top what the 2003 cartoon did in terms of both cultural impact and significance to the Titans as a whole.

I mean, as different as some of the takes on certain characters and storylines could be, it made a lot of the Titans and the group as a whole a household names and was the first appearance of Slade in animation before he became a character DC majorly pushed.

The characterizations and depictions of the core 5 Titans are as iconic as the Wolfman/Perez comics that the show drew from.

And it got to do all the big notes of the Titans, Slade, Blackfire, a Judas Contract variant, Brother Blood, Trigon, some revamp of some Fab Five villains, and even throw in the Brotherhood of Evil to give Beast Boy his own storyline.

I think it helped make Dick and Kori's relationship even more iconic and popular then it already was, especially with how averse the comics can be in spotlighting or acknowledging it.

People talk about how Cyborg's promotion of the New 52 in the Justice League should've made him a bigger and more important name, but I think this cartoon was probably the best thing to ever happen to Cyborg.

With as much flak as DC's handling of the Titans books get, it was this cartoon that helped make the Titans really popular outside comics.

I really have to go with the 2003 incarnation of the team. That series was incredibly iconic, I mean Teen Titans Go! literally exists because of it. As light-hearted as it was, it wasn't afraid to get a little dark and really explore each character. I think, for a lot of kids growing up at the time, it really was the gateway to the DCU as a whole. I know it was for me.

I'm a huge fan of YJ, but it really isn't a Titans show. Yeah, we see Dick and Wally and Roy and an Aqualad... sure Gar shows up, and yeah later generations of the team are represented with Superboy and Bart and all that, but it's just not the same thing.

I still haven't watched the first animated TT movie because it just wasn't something I was interested in, but I really did enjoy The Judas Contract. My biggest concern with that movie is that Nightwing was in red. :P I really want to see what they do next for sure, but it really doesn't compare to either TT or YJ.

DC Animated Movie Universe is too young to judge. It has great potential though, especially if it delivers The Judas Contract level movies and wants to give the definitive take on Donna. I hope we get a Who is Donna Troy? type sequel soon.

Fantastic Member

I would have to go with the 2003 version as well for reasons already listed. While Young Justice is certainly a solid show, there were things about the execution of some of the plots that didn't work for me. It also doesn't help that YJ is responsible for my least favorite animated adaptations of Wally and Dick.

I have only seen The Judas Contract so I can't really comment on the animated movies other than saying I enjoyed that one.

Astonishing Member

I'll have to echo the answer of the 2003 version. If nothing else, the designs are iconic and have influenced how the artists have drawn them since.

Teen Titans Go is easily the worst. It exaggerates or jettisons characterisation, the key aspect, for the sake of highly divisive comedy and idiot plots. It's as deep as a shallow puddle, the character designs are too cartoony and it doesn't have the appeal of the 2003 version. There's one episode where Cyborg and Beast Boy spend the whole time arguing over which fast food is better, leading to an anime-esque battle of burger and burrito based attacks (attack names being called out naturally).

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

The 2003 version gets my vote for the reasons others have listed. As much as I love the Young Justice cartoon its not really Teen Titans so I can't in all honesty pick it even though I like it far better than The 2003 Teen Titans show. I haven't seen the latest version of the Titans in the DC animated movie universe so I can't judge it as yet. I can't stand Teen Titans Go and think its terrible for the reasons JB has given. To me its almost a parody of the 2003 show with none of the charm the original had.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Incredible Member

2003, while Young Justice is a better overall show depicting of the DC Universe and better cartoon imo. The 2003 really was a better depiction of the Teen Titans themselves. The 2003 really captured the Marv Wolfman era among other classic Titans comics, created iconic looks and designs that really still works in this day. Even personality elements(Beast Boy being a vegetarian while earlier comics having him eat Hot Dogs), catchphrases, etc has The character dynamics were unique, fresh and natural. It really knew how to balance the serious moments and comedy very well. I honestly think the 2003 shows that really stand the test of time to be honest.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    2003, while Young Justice is a better overall show depicting of the DC Universe and better cartoon imo. The 2003 really was a better depiction of the Teen Titans themselves. The 2003 really captured the Marv Wolfman era among other classic Titans comics, created iconic looks and designs that really still works in this day. Even personality elements(Beast Boy being a vegetarian while earlier comics having him eat Hot Dogs), catchphrases, etc has The character dynamics were unique, fresh and natural. It really knew how to balance the serious moments and comedy very well. I honestly think the 2003 shows that really stand the test of time to be honest.
    The vegetarian thing is perfectly logical for BB, since he turns into animals it has a psychological effect on him and animal products. Another character facet with Beast Boy is how he's a big TV and film buff (often on the couch playing video games with Cyborg). In the episode with the scary movie he lampshades how splitting up is a bad idea, and how the funny one ends up taken first (there's a perfectly valid in episode reason for what ends up happening to him). His knowledge of TV shows and movies ends up saving the day when the Titans are trapped in TV land by Control Freak, leading to a funny scene at the end where the Titans can't decide what the moral of the story is. If too much TV is bad, then is it bad when that is what makes the difference between victory and defeat? Plus the theme song is memorable as well.

In the Scooby-Doo cartoons Shaggy's voice actor made it one of his conditions for doing the job that Shaggy was a vegetarian.

Young justice... For this we will enjoy of another season this year..

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Thank you!
    I mean it's not wining any polls, but they at least should be acknowledged.

Last edited by Güicho; 04-26-2020 at 01:52 PM.

And...
    The animation that introduced us to the Protector!
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-26-2020 at 08:30 PM.

Spectacular Member

1.Young Justice
    2.Teen Titans
    3.Teen Titans Go
    4.Judas Contract - really don't enjoy the animated movies anymore and why is wally blonde??????