Page 5 of 661 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

“ Ah. I am a member of the Gemmea Travelling Circus. Just the seven of us really.”

As he smiles, bows, exits as Held just shows up, not in his way and palms his zeni, not trusting the desperate look that guy had.:

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

To the three gathered in Dusk City, a low whistling sound can be heard. Or perhaps a strum if some sort of instrument. It seems to becoming from further into town.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    “Nah, legends.”, the barman spits out.

“Legends of something living in the snow and cold that takes people. It’s nonsense.”
    "If I was a betting man, which I am, I'd gamble on there being more to those legends than you seem to think," Jack replied.

"Regardless I am going out to find Rose, whatever may have befallen her," Jack declared as he stood up.

He nodded to Ochuzake, "After you my good man."

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "I guess wonders never cease, huh?" He said, nodding his head in affirmation. "Looks like this trip really was worth the effort."

Taking his refill, he raised it slightly towards her in thanks, before placing a few zeni in her palm with his left.

It was always bad luck not to tip the help when it came to information. And service, especially so early before the game came afoot.

Turning away, he headed towards the mess hall, the gears turning in his head.

Think, Held....Think. This is clearly a sign from the gods...Somehow. Maybe...

Entering the mess hall, he peered around intently, looking for his would be prey.

He spots Jinzi easily enough, conversing with two men, one seemingly bowing a lot and the other performing tricks for some kids.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Inverse Regenesised

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Too many possible timelines." The woman said, simply.

"Somewhere that isn't here." The Oni replied. "How long the have been there, seems more important." After a moment's consideration, stood slowly, and glanced at each of them.

"More important still, who are you? Not from here, that is sure now, but where does that leave us?"
    Ultimately Ajna had to agree with her. There were deeper questions to ask here. Knowing each other's names would help in some regard. It was obtainable information, at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The teenager crossed his arms over his chest in thought. Just as he, his newfound companions were equally useless in knowledge when it came to the happenings of this town. Pointing the blame would do nothing but create useless conflict and ultimately be pointless, he imagined.

"I'm Ogatan Charco from Brick City. My gran-I mean master, sent me to try and figure out why her friend won't reply to her texts...or something." Charco wasn't exactly sure what method of communication Tyranno-sensei used. To emphasize his point, he held up the note with said person's name and address.
    "I'm Ajna. Just Ajna." Leaning forward Ajna squinted his eyes to read the note. "Sounds like your grandma has a very loving grandson. You traveled here all the way from Brick on that thin excuse?" Ajna smiled to show there was no heat behind the banter, taking the very last sip of his coffee both grateful and disappointed. Tossing it in the bin nearby without needing to look again to place the shot, he asked his new acquaintances, "Your grandma didn't give you a phone number to call? Either one of you have any way of getting in contact with someone here in the city?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ Ah. I am a member of the Gemmea Travelling Circus. Just the seven of us really.”

As he smiles, bows, exits as Held just shows up, not in his way and palms his zeni, not trusting the desperate look that guy had.:
    You exit into the top deck and the view is beyond gorgeous. Sparkling ocean all around, bright blue sky above, and hundreds of bikini and shorts wearing people sunning and playing in pools and everything. Luxury at its finest.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

To the three gathered in Dusk City, a low whistling sound can be heard. Or perhaps a strum if some sort of instrument. It seems to be coming from further into town.
    "Oh boy..."

he wasn't sure if all of the movies he had seen or his instincts, but this situation was starting to look bleaker with each moment he spent in this town. The youth gave a sigh before he broke out into a sprint towards the sound.

"Well, might as well escalate this as soon as possible."

The man side steps her punch at the last minute and instead clubs her over the head with his gun. As he does so, he gestures and the three other thieves hop in the armoured hover and start powering its guns up.

Meanwhile, Shiro’s barrier is just powerful enough, but the grenade does cause some minor damage around her and
    leaves a loud ringing in her ears.
    Midori barely brought her right arm up in time to block the butt of the gun from striking her on top of the head. She knew it wouldn't do any serious damage, but it'd still hurt something fierce and she'd rather not deal with the pain right now. As she blocked it with her right arm, she decided to snap a kick toward his knee to knock him offbalance.

Meanwhile, Shiro scowled as she fought down the disruption in her equilibrium from the grenade explosion and turned to look toward the armored hover. Her eyes widened in shock as its weapons began powering up, preparing to blast her since the man she believed to be their leader would be in danger if they targeted Midori. Of course, the possibility of them targeting Midori anyways regardless of their partner's location. Scowl deepening, Shiro narrowed her eyes, trying her best to lock on to the weapons as she raised her right hand, pointing her index finger at them.

"Shiro finga bimu!" Shiro said, firing several small yet powerful white energy beams from her index finger at the weapons to disable them before they could fire.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

The men look at each other before the patron slowly responds.

“Down past the frozen river to the north of here. Her berry basket was found. No sign of her anywhere other than that. Why I said the cold took her.”
    The loudest words in the place were only the crackles of the fire.

Emptying his cup, Ochazuke exhaled gently, stood without a word, and walked to the door.

“Nah, legends.”, the barman spits out.

“Legends of something living in the snow and cold that takes people. It’s nonsense.”
    "Legends have a bad habit of being base on facts. Looks like I'll be doing some monster hunting and with the blessings of the Kami I will bring back those who vanished." Meagan stood up, then paid for her meal before heading out.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

He takes it all in and smiles. Especially the bikinis. Though he then goes off to soak Sun and digest. Latter would try to swim at the luxury pool.

As he then looks out to sea.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The loudest words in the place were only the crackles of the fire.

Emptying his cup, Ochazuke exhaled gently, stood without a word, and walked to the door.
    Pausing as she saw him also heading out, "If you are seeking the child, perhaps we could cover more ground together."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Ajna, and Charco." The woman nods. "You may call me Ishtar." With that settled for the moment, the matter of examining the house of the person whom Charco was here to find, seemed that most appropriate next step. Until the whistling started. With the young man already darting off to seek it's source, it seemed the objective had changed.

With a shrug and a glance at Ajna, Ishtar darted towards the source of the noise.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 01-04-2018 at 05:10 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Inverse Regenesised

To the three gathered in Dusk City, a low whistling sound can be heard. Or perhaps a strum if some sort of instrument. It seems to becoming from further into town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Arja, and Charco." The woman nods. "You may call me Ishtar." With that settled for the moment, the matter of examining the house of the person whom Charco was here to find, seemed that most appropriate next step. Until the whistling started. With the young man already darting off to seek it's source, it seemed the objective had changed.

With a shrug and a glance at Arja, Ishtar darted towards the source of the noise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Oh boy..."

he wasn't sure if all of the movies he had seen or his instincts, but this situation was starting to look bleaker with each moment he spent in this town. The youth gave a sigh before he broke out into a sprint towards the sound.

"Well, might as well escalate this as soon as possible."
    Staring at the two's backs as they ran off, Ajna shrugged belatedly in response, not bothered by the blue lady's saying his name wrong. She clearly wasn't normal. What a way to start a day. Not noting the irony inherent in the thought, Ajna began to jog after the two, not trying to keep up but merely keep them in view. Stupid sense of responsibility. . . yeah, let's run towards the weird noise in the weird ghost town. What could possibly go wrong?
    Last edited by IGee; 01-04-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Not too terribly far away, a lone town lay where she had seen the blips on her scouter. Within a few minutes, she makes it to town and sees the power levels are gathered toward a bar of some sort.

She also acknowledges the cold, finally. It’s bitterly cold and she is not dressed for this kind of weather.
    It was cold. It was so fucking cold. She noticed it about five minutes earlier, but she thought she could tough it out until she got inside. Nope. It wasn't happening. Her nose was running and small goosebumps were covering the exposed bits of her body -- her arms, shoulders, the top part of her boobs, her face. It was awful.

But! According to her scouter, she had just entered the area where the power levels were located. She tapped it again to narrow it down. "Ah, let's see. One, two, three readings of 50. In that building right there." Grinning with excitement, she briskly walked toward the building and slammed the door open.

I need to play this smart, or else I'm going to get my ass kicked. Just barging in -- which she had just done -- and demanding to fight the biggest, toughest guy there was stupid. Thankfully, she hadn't done that second part yet. She needed to scope the people out, assess who was the best fighter and who would be best able to help her achieve her goals.

She stepped inside, puffing herself up to intimidate any would-be challengers who weren't worth her time, and found a seat at an empty table.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!