Page 410 of 661 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Two things were very quickly apparent.

This was more a History lesson than anything else, and while Kami was at the very least attempting to prevent any lasting harm to their physical bodies ... that did not mean she would not attempt to make them hurt. Which itself was an amusing idea to the Oni as she

Totoma did not care for pain, or suffering, if the end result was not a true life or death situation. In a way it was a form of survivor's guilt, Ishtar surmised but it did mean one thing ... the boy was far more psychologically damaged than the Oni had initially assumed.

Then he was gone in the blink of an eye, and the golden-eyed Oni understood. Kami would be talking to him ... and given the stakes of her gamble- and what the boy's mother had done- Ishtar was not sure if that was going to be particularly pleasant.

---

Ishtar turned her attention to Simon Battersea then, and watched as Charco, and Sarada were the first to enter the fray.

And after a moment of silent contemplation, the Oni grunted and bounced into step; eyes carefully on the dance about to happen between the trio as she worked on getting a feel for this simulated Battersea. How did he move ? What did he target ? Did he leave himself exposed ? In the end the golden-eyed Oni did not feel herself capable of engaging with the man herself, down and arm as she was even in her mind's eye. Yet she could at the very least coordinate the movements of her new student, and the boy who fought with the ferocity of long dead lizards.

'I am watching Sarada, and will guide you as best I can'.

Totoma was pissing her off.

He wasn't taking any of what was going on seriously, which irked her a great deal. It didn't matter if the simulation had risk of injury or not, that was truly besides and not the point. This was a chance to improve themselves as well as see certain enemies in a safer scenario and he was just..sitting there. Not to mention it was a bit jarring considering his usual drive for training, perhaps it had to do with all that baggage he had.

"...Just a heads up. If Totoma goes missing afterwards, it'll by my fault."

Then Totoma vanished, but she already knew what it was about. He likely pissed off Kami. Fine. She'd deal with that idiot she loved later.

Her dark lance was ready as she moved along side the Oni. If you have a suggestion, I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A man falls from the sky, noticed by any ki sensing at the moment. Bearded, fists clenched, he strikes the ground in front of them all and unleashed a torrent of ki with the blow, air pressure and ki wave blasting everyone back.

Simon Battersea. Younger, his hands stained with blood and a jade dragon artifact peaking out of his back pack.

He moved like a hurricane, his fists slamming into Totoma hard enough to break his jaw and shatter teeth. A flurry of blows left two ribs broken, a clavicle, and right wrist as he yanks Totoma and throws him into Sarada hard enough to indent the two of them into a boulder.
    "Ready to go Midori?" Shiro asked, and Midori nodded as she said "Let's start off with 'Meteorikku Basuto.'"

"Obviously." Shiro agreed, and the two 'clicked' it on, flooding their bodies with so much energy it exploded out of their bodies. With twin battle cries, they launched themselves through the air toward Battersea, Shiro aiming a sweep kick to the back of his legs while Midori aimed her feet at his face in a missile dropkick.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Without warning and a chance to react, he was out of the illusion and thrown through two of the lookout's trees. He rolled to a stop, then pushed himself up into a kneeling position. A wide grin was plastered across his face.

"Yeah, that's more like it," he said, standing up. Kami's approach was intimidating and he did take a few steps back before dropping into a fighting stance. "Just what mom used to call me when I was being a little shithead."

His mother had, in fact, called him a "stupid, arrogant pissant" at some point later on in his training.

"Go ahead and beat me to the brink of death. It's the only way I'll learn."
    She is upon him instantly, again, hand on his throat.

Squeezing.

Hard.

“You stupid fool. I have sacrificed everything, torn my mind and soul apart, to try and save this world. But all you can do is complain. Even Sarada and Erosa realized the importance of the training, but you couldn’t be bothered, could you? Too far up your own ass to realize knowledge is power, and learning what an opponent can do makes it easier to beat them. But no, you fought dozens of different foes. Of course, all your power was for not as you ended up dead in a ditch anyways. Pathetic.”

She throws him away again.

“Your mother was wrong. I don’t see potential, all I see is a student disrespecting his trainer. All I see is weakness and arrogance and guilt. Get off my Lookout. I won’t be needing your help it seems.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

: Telepathy:

guys. I am planning to use my gigantic fist. But I need to give you warning. Do not want to hurt any of you. Okay?” Figured they wanted some strikes in.

Ooc: Needy girlfriend bothering me on the damn phone, may be distracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Her dark lance was ready as she moved along side the Oni. If you have a suggestion, I'm all ears.
    'I intend to guide the blows of those more ... suited for this fight,' Ishtar responded. 'Should I see an opening for your dark lance, I will provide the same.'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Meagan, unable to walk and barely able to generate enough Ki to fly, watched as Battersea attacked Totoma then as he vanished. She had a feeling she knew what had happened, and could only think to herself, "Lady Kami, we all have our issues. Totoma needs help more than any of us. I pray we don't lose him to his own worst instincts."

She then turns to Battersea, "Do you wish to talk? Or do you wish to fight like a mindless animal?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

She is upon him instantly, again, hand on his throat.

Squeezing.

Hard.

“You stupid fool. I have sacrificed everything, torn my mind and soul apart, to try and save this world. But all you can do is complain. Even Sarada and Erosa realized the importance of the training, but you couldn’t be bothered, could you? Too far up your own ass to realize knowledge is power, and learning what an opponent can do makes it easier to beat them. But no, you fought dozens of different foes. Of course, all your power was for not as you ended up dead in a ditch anyways. Pathetic.”

She throws him away again.

“Your mother was wrong. I don’t see potential, all I see is a student disrespecting his trainer. All I see is weakness and arrogance and guilt. Get off my Lookout. I won’t be needing your help it seems.”
    Totoma stood up and dusted himself off. "Miss Kami, before I go, I... understand that you've made tremendous sacrifices to do your duty. During your spar with Karine, I saw in your fists pain and loss that you've been dealing with for... far longer than I've been alive. And believe me, I hope your efforts pay off in the end. But..."

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "...you must have lived a full life before you become Kami, right? You were an adult, with friends, perhaps family, dreams, hopes, goals... all that great stuff, am I right? And then it was ripped away, but... you could deal, because you had a purpose, a goal, as well as maturity and experience to draw upon."

"...I was nine." he yelled, his rage suddenly exploding, and with it his power. "Nine when my mother was taken from me, Nine when I was tortured in unspeakable ways and left to feed the vultures. I didn't have the maturity and experience to cope. All I fucking had was a broken family, stubborness, and one friend--ONE FRIEND--that I was deathly afraid to burden, to confide in, because she almost worried herself to death trying to bring me out of the state I was in after the battle."

He slammed his foot on the lookout and sent cracks snaking across the surface. "And you expect me to be okay? You expect me to be stable when my father, who should have been there for me instead worked himself to death, and in the rare cases we were in the same room, looked at me with a "why was it you that survived" look? You expect me to not feel guilty that Aiden, Karine's father, may very well have gone after Jagam and gotten himself killed?"

With tears in his eyes, he clenched his fists, and an aura flared into existence around him. "I spent ten years pretending to be okay, while suffering almost completely alone, reliving that goddamned battle again and again and again, all while slowly, I thought, rebuilding myself."

The aura flared and the entire lookout shook. "And then in two goddamned days all that crumbled, leaving nothing but the scared, lonely, selfish, and angry child within. And you, you fucking think something like that isn't gonna lash out or be difficult!? I've had to fucking start rebuilding my identity from the ground up, while training to save the world from some unknown threat... and hope that whatever I manage to build just doesn't crumble again."

He met Kami's gaze with a venomous glare. "Sorry, but I'm not a fucking miracle worker. I am sick and fucking tired of people like you and my mother expecting me to pull off the impossible."

His aura and power died down, and his shoulders slumped. "I'm... I'm sorry, I know I'm being selfish, that all this I've been dragged into is way beyond me, way more important, and I want to help, but... I can only do so much in a few days. If I had long... a few months, a year, maybe I could build myself up so that I'd be useful, but right now, I'm a burden. Like always."

He sighed, turned, and began walking towards the edge of the lookout.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 03-13-2018 at 09:02 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

( Get ball rolling.)” In second thought.” He does notvwate his energy on one big attack, fist or blast. Rather circulating the boost of power in his body, intense green aura flashes as he teleports in the mix, dramatic enteybstyle kick for Batylesea. As it still hurts.:
    Master Unit: Impressive, your body is maintaining the Orb energy, with enough training maybe more. Do not over do it.”
    “ Why?”

“ Your tearing yourself apart, slowly.” Keeps this in mind for power spike.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 03-13-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Totoma stood up and dusted himself off. "Miss Kami, before I go, I... understand that you've made tremendous sacrifices to do your duty. During your spar with Karine, I saw in your fists pain and loss that you've been dealing with for... far longer than I've been alive. And believe me, I hope your efforts pay off in the end. But..."

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "...you must have lived a full life before you become Kami, right? You were an adult, with friends, perhaps family, dreams, hopes, goals... all that great stuff, am I right? And then it was ripped away, but... you could deal, because you had a purpose, a goal, as well as maturity and experience to draw upon."

"...I was nine." he yelled, his rage suddenly exploding, and with it his power. "Nine when my mother was taken from me, Nine when I was tortured in unspeakable ways and left to feed the vultures. I didn't have the maturity and experience to cope. All I fucking had was a broken family, stubborness, and one friend--ONE FRIEND--that I was deathly afraid to burden, to confide in, because she almost worried herself to death trying to bring me out of the state I was in after the battle."

He slammed his foot on the lookout and sent cracks snaking across the surface. "And you expect me to be okay? You expect me to be stable when my father, who should have been there for me instead worked himself to death, and in the rare cases we were in the same room, looked at me with a "why was it you that survived" look? You expect me to not feel guilty that Aiden, Karine's father, may very well have gone after Jagam and gotten himself killed?"

With tears in his eyes, he clenched his fists, and an aura flared into existence around him. "I spent ten years pretending to be okay, while suffering almost completely alone, reliving that goddamned battle again and again and again, all while slowly, I thought, rebuilding myself."

The aura flared and the entire lookout shook. "And then in two goddamned days all that crumbled, leaving nothing but the scared, lonely, selfish, and angry child within. And you, you fucking think something like that isn't gonna lash out or be difficult!? I've had to fucking start rebuilding my identity from the ground up, while training to save the world from some unknown threat... and hope that whatever I manage to build just doesn't crumble again."

He met Kami's gaze with a venomous glare. "Sorry, but I'm not a fucking miracle worker. I am sick and fucking tired of people like you and my mother expecting me to pull off the impossible."

His aura and power died down, and his shoulders slumped. "I'm... I'm sorry, I know I'm being selfish, that all this I've been dragged into is way beyond me, way more important, and I want to help, but... I can only do so much in a few days. If I had long... a few months, a year, maybe I could build myself up so that I'd be useful, but right now, I'm a burden. Like always."

He sighed, turned, and began walking towards the edge of the lookout.
    “...........I was just like you.”

She stops him with her words.

“I was 15 when Fife went off the deep end. I can’t remember my own name, but I remember watching him destroy the city where I lived. Within three years I lost my memories, my friends, my love, and my name. And then I found myself being the world’s guardian. I.......went catatonic for two months.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

A man falls from the sky, noticed by any ki sensing at the moment. Bearded, fists clenched, he strikes the ground in front of them all and unleashed a torrent of ki with the blow, air pressure and ki wave blasting everyone back.

Simon Battersea. Younger, his hands stained with blood and a jade dragon artifact peaking out of his back pack.

He moved like a hurricane, his fists slamming into Totoma hard enough to break his jaw and shatter teeth. A flurry of blows left two ribs broken, a clavicle, and right wrist as he yanks Totoma and throws him into Sarada hard enough to indent the two of them into a boulder.
    Recovering from the massive ki torrent, Zaofan saw Totoma disappear, and Sarada tossed like a ragdoll. He saw Meagan try to engage Battersea through reason, but Chou, Midori, Shiro, Charco, and Sarada and the others attempting to take him head on. And, worse yet, Battersea was holding his own. This was not good; everyone was still drained and/or hurt from the cumulative strain of the last three battles, including himself.

Telepathically, he projected to everyone, "Guys, if Battersea is this powerful in his younger form...! Chef Brutus said that Battersea only got stronger with age! If we can't beat his younger self here as a group, we won't stand a chance against him one-to-one in the tournament!"

Analyzing as best he could, Zaofan tried his best to coordinate as much as possible. "Anyone who can affect the battlefield, we need to try to contain him, limit his space! He's still fast! Magicians, we need your versatility here -- he's still just brute strength!"

Sans bo staff, and following in conjunction with Sasheem's melee attack, Zaofan blasted across the field with his Hichō Kūzan Pa, his feet glowing with concussive energy as if they were enveloped in crimson fire, his body flying faster with his jump kick than he ever could with normal flight. He fired a series of super-powered kicks, aiming for his chest, left shoulder, and back; but judging from the way Battersea shrugged off their attacks, Zaofan used the series of kicks more as a means of strafing him, using Battersea's own muscles more as steps on a wall, to get behind him while Sasheem's Naga Palm aimed for Battersea's neck and gut.

Now behind him, Zaofan then unleashed his Hokuto Nijyuretsu Dan:"AAAAAA-TATATATATATATATATA!" firing 12 straight punches and kicks; however, the thirteenth attack was a false one, instead grabbing the jade dragon sticking out of his backpack. This theft was masked by 12 more rapid attacks, followed by his trademark two much slower heavy blows, and one last heaviest blow. "WAAAATAAAA!"

Zaofan then leapt back, between the melee fighters and the more esoteric ones, a safer distance away from the rampaging Battersea. He broadcast to the group, "I fetched this dragon off his back. What does it do?!"
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-13-2018 at 10:59 PM.

Astonishing Member

"So this is the man of the hour, huh...?"

The man in question was without a doubt Simon Battersea, looking every bit the warrior that he had looked when Jinzi had provided information on the nature of the warrior a scant few days ago.

Held had barely reacted before he savaged Totoma with such ferocity before bludgeoning Sarada with him, the both of them doing considerable damage to a nearby boulder.

So much for a simple training exercise....No...I guess this is good. It lets us know just what kind of battle he fights. It's one thing to see it, but to experience it is better.

Held crouched low, his golden spear pointed towards the enemy as he observed, flowing with power. His Shingan manifested, the Nevadian looking for even the most minute weakness in body, stance, or power.

Who knows, maybe even fighting him might teach me a thing or two.

“...........I was just like you.”

She stops him with her words.

“I was 15 when Fife went off the deep end. I can’t remember my own name, but I remember watching him destroy the city where I lived. Within three years I lost my memories, my friends, my love, and my name. And then I found myself being the world’s guardian. I.......went catatonic for two months.”
    Totoma stopped and turned half-way. She was just like him?

No, not just like him... but similar to him. His expression softened.

"I.. well, now I feel like an *******," said Totoma, turning to face her again. "Probably because I am an *******. I'm sorry for making assumptions."

He shifted uncomfortably, unsure of what to say. What could one say? She'd lost everything--even he couldn't say that--and was thrust into a thankless job she never wanted. And here he was... making that job even more difficult.

"No, there's a difference between us. You went through worse--much worse--and came out stronger, whether you realize it or not," said Totoma, laying a comforting hand on Kami's shoulder. "I went through something comparatively minor, but broke.

He gave her a thumbs up and a smile. "I'll go. Maybe... just go live a normal life in the Capital. Losing its weak link--me--would make this group much, much stronger.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Totoma stopped and turned half-way. She was just like him?

No, not just like him... but similar to him. His expression softened.

"I.. well, now I feel like an *******," said Totoma, turning to face her again. "Probably because I am an *******. I'm sorry for making assumptions."

He shifted uncomfortably, unsure of what to say. What could one say? She'd lost everything--even he couldn't say that--and was thrust into a thankless job she never wanted. And here he was... making that job even more difficult.

"No, there's a difference between us. You went through worse--much worse--and came out stronger, whether you realize it or not," said Totoma, laying a comforting hand on Kami's shoulder. "I went through something comparatively minor, but broke.

He gave her a thumbs up and a smile. "I'll go. Maybe... just go live a normal life in the Capital. Losing its weak link--me--would make this group much, much stronger.

“But if you run, you’ll never beat it. Besides, you owe it to Karine to stay, right? What would she say? Besides, I grew strong enough to fight my demons. I...believe I can make you strong enough to fight yours, Totoma. If you’ll give this a chance.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    "Crap."

Jack approached Battersea. Bedlam had said that Battersea was a bit weaker in the grapple than anything else, at least compared to everything else. Not that that helped as much as Jack would want.

With a sudden flash of his Snake Eyes technique Jack rushed in to grab an arm and try and force Battersea into a grapple.
    He flings Jack away.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Seeing itself now in a blasted desert, Adam instinctively spreads itself out, increasing it's surface area and partially shading the group.

Simon Battersea. This was about learning the enemy before confronting them. Adam advances quickly, activating The Circle Screams to close the distance.
    Battersea vanishes just as Adam moves in.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM