Page 401 of 661 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 9901
  1. #6001
    Thumbs Up The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    2,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The burning city before them, despite the flames, is devoid of sound. Almost, unnaturally so.

    A thin beam of grey energy pierces the smoke, undetectable, and slams into Midori, punching through her left shoulder. Another beam takes Shiro in the gut, taking both flyers down.
    Midori managed to use her flight enough to slow her fall and ensure she didn't land on her injured shoulder. Nearby, Shiro wasn't as lucky, crashing hard into the ground, clutching at the sparking hole that went straight through her body.

    "Shiro!" Midori hissed, managing to push herself onto her one good arm and knees before crawling over to Shiro. Making it over to her, she looked over her sister, focusing on the wound that went straight through her stomach. Had they been biological, chances were that the wound would be fatal. Fortunately, they were mechanical and thus while debilitating, the wound wouldn't kill her.

    "Shiro, did you see what shot us?" Midori asked, and with a sigh as the pain vanished due to her shutting off the pain receptors around her wound, Shiro answered "No, did you?"

    "No." Midori replied, and with a strained laugh Shiro said "Well, remind me next time to put a barrier around us. Or pull my glove off and use it to smack whomever says 'hey, someone fly up and become obvious targets for whomever is attacking the area'."

    "Alright." Midori agreed with a pained grin. With that they both fell silent as a gray goo flowed out of Shiro's hands toward her gut wound. It'd take a bit of time, but it should repair the damage to her abdomen. Then she could repair Midori's shoulder.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  2. #6002
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Using the psychic link, "I'm going out to scout. Going to drop my shield, whomever has the best defense shield everyone else." Meagan waited to make sure another shield was erected to replace hers before she dropped it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Two more pings off the barrier, this time from different directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ Hmmmm. It is either moving really fast or there are multiples.”

    He then goes out of the barrier, thickens his skin and does his impression of gomu gomu Gatling. Rapid fire strong fists plowing the burning debris and hitting the angles and surrounding areas with really big fists. Saving his ki so he would need it. Something told him bigger trouble around the corner.:
    "This is bad," Zaofan said over the mental broadcast. "Whether there are multiple snipers, or if it's one sniper moving really fast, we won't know until we get rid of this smoke. I hate being blind."

    "But at least we know their shots aren't strong enough to penetrate the barrier, at least."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As Ishtar stands with fists clenched thd group finds themselves under attack.

    Lances of grey energy pierce the smoke, striking Midori and Shiro both, Meagan cries out for defense. Sarada attempts to sense them, and finds nothing. And as thd group begins to slowly respond more lances of energy impact Meagan's barrier, only for the Chromakian to say she intends to drop it so that she can go scouting.

    "Druj," in a shimmer of Frost an icy simulacrum replaces Ishtar as she attempts to step out and follow the direction of the most recent shots, while hidden.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Gao...Erosa go too, hiding enemy is best for hunting..." Erosa dropped to all fours and darted out of the shield, her body shimmering as it vanished into the cover and smoke just beyond. If the enemy didn't give off any ki, she'd have to rely on sound, sight and smell to track down her prey....just as it should be.
    Ishtar, Chou, and Erosa made their way out of the barrier, on the hunt. Midori and Shiro were still out there, with Slak going after them. With the shots now coming from three directions, with his friends heading towards the location of those shots, Zaofan turned around. "I'll try to eliminate the sources of smoke. Even if we're completely surrounded by fire, we can at least limit their hiding places. Our scouts have gone in different directions, but behind us should be clear of any friendlies. I'm going to clear it up."

    Zaofan stood up, and fired. "MEGA OPTIC BLAST!" It was a bit of a cathartic stretch, as he couldn't use this attack against the demonic centaurs. Firing a wide angle blast at 75 degrees, and growing wider the further the blast went, Zaofan aimed for the wreckage, buildings, and debris behind them. With such a dispersal range, the impact of the blast would be greatly diluted, but still enough to topple much of the weakened structures and snuff out more than a few fires; and anyone strong enough to harm the androids like that would surely withstand such a weakened blast. Much of the space behind the group was thus cleared, and now visible, though Zaofan made sure to keep an eye out at the new, cleared space.
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-13-2018 at 10:30 AM.

  3. #6003
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    17,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "This is bad," Zaofan said over the mental broadcast. "Whether there are multiple snipers, or if it's one sniper moving really fast, we won't know until we get rid of this smoke. I hate being blind."

    "But at least we know their shots aren't strong enough to penetrate the barrier, at least."





    Ishtar, Chou, and Erosa made their way out of the barrier, on the hunt. Midori and Shiro were still out there, with Slak going after them. With the shots now coming from three directions, with his friends heading towards the location of those shots, Zaofan turned around. "I'll try to eliminate the sources of smoke. Even if we're completely surrounded by fire, we can at least limit their hiding places. Our scouts have gone in different directions, but behind us should be clear of any friendlies. I'm going to clear it up."

    Zaofan stood up, and fired. "MEGA OPTIC BLAST!" It was a bit of a cathartic stretch, as he couldn't use this attack against the demonic centaurs. Firing a wide angle blast at 75 degrees, and growing wider the further the blast went, Zaofan aimed for the wreckage, buildings, and debris behind them. With such a dispersal range, the impact of the blast would be greatly diluted, but still enough to topple much of the weakened structures and snuff out more than a few fires; and anyone strong enough to harm the androids like that would surely withstand such a weakened blast. Much of the space behind the group was thus cleared, and now visible, though Zaofan made sure to keep an eye out at the new, cleared space.
    Realizing that this was turning into a free for all, and that Leaders are listened to and that no one would listen to her so scratch any thoughts of being any kind of leader. Meagan then gave up on her plan to scout out the threat. Instead she continued to defend the others as best she could. Using her shield to reflect back any attacks, and hope those who left the area don't fare as badly as Midori and Shiro did.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  4. #6004
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Realizing that this was turning into a free for all, and that Leaders are listened to and that no one would listen to her so scratch any thoughts of being any kind of leader. Meagan then gave up on her plan to scout out the threat. Instead she continued to defend the others as best she could. Using her shield to reflect back any attacks, and hope those who left the area don't fare as badly as Midori and Shiro did.
    "Meagan, listen," Zaofan said as he crawled to the shield bearer. "The others out there may be sitting ducks. Or they might not. I can try fishing out the snipers, if I go out there and create ki copies of myself. I'd appreciate anything you can do to back that up, though -- if one of them shoots my copy, we'd need someone fast and with good eyes and ears to fire at the source of the shot, the instant they shoot. Could you manage that shot while still keeping your barrier up?"

  5. #6005
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    17,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Meagan, listen," Zaofan said as he crawled to the shield bearer. "The others out there may be sitting ducks. Or they might not. I can try fishing out the snipers, if I go out there and create ki copies of myself. I'd appreciate anything you can do to back that up, though -- if one of them shoots my copy, we'd need someone fast and with good eyes and ears to fire at the source of the shot, the instant they shoot. Could you manage that shot while still keeping your barrier up?"
    "Not while doing both. My shield isn't even really that good, it's only meant to cover one or two, not twenty. Pairing up into teams of two and going out gives us a better chance to find the sniper without getting shot. Only reason it didn't work with the android sisters is because they weren't expecting it. I can go with you and shield us both, while taking out any attacker. But that leaves the other vulnerable." It was clear from her voice she was both frustrated and worried.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  6. #6006
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Not while doing both. My shield isn't even really that good, it's only meant to cover one or two, not twenty. Pairing up into teams of two and going out gives us a better chance to find the sniper without getting shot. Only reason it didn't work with the android sisters is because they weren't expecting it. I can go with you and shield us both, while taking out any attacker. But that leaves the other vulnerable." It was clear from her voice she was both frustrated and worried.
    Zaofan flashed a smile at Meagan. "I'm willing to go if you are." Though, his own bravado sounded like confidence, it was to mask his own frustration and fear. But relationship management is part of being a good chef as well.

    ----

    Of the Twelve Philosophies of Cooking that Zaofan had picked up over the years, visiting one esteemed chef to the next, the first five came to mind, even with all the enemy fire going on.

    1. FIGHT FOR FOOD INTEGRITY
    Cooks and chefs have been on the front lines for change in standards and what information is provided. It is up to a good cook to communicate that information properly.

    2. FRESH IS ALWAYS BETTER
    Traditional and unorthodox often go together very well. Unlike several of the others, including Zaofan himself, Meagan was neither injured nor as visibly drained of stamina.

    3. GREAT COOKING IS A BUSINESS OF RELATIONSHIPS
    Chefs led the charge towards making connections with the source, learning how their ingredients were raised or grown, and giving credit where credit is due. Recognize relationships, develop them, cultivate them. Read the room.

    4. PROFESSIONALISM = RESPECT
    We can hold our heads high because people are learning to respect the cook for his or her skill and the creative spirit that exists in kitchens. And that includes everyone the cook considers a colleague. Acknowledge the skills in the kitchen and consider how they improve the kitchen overall.

    5. DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION ALWAYS WINS
    Kitchens have grown to become the most diverse work environments around, whether it be background, level of skill, or even type of skill.
    -----

    Zaofan continued with Meagan. "This might be the second time where we're up against enemies with a uniform skill set. But you have variety and enhanced senses that some of us don't possess. I can make myself vulnerable if it means your abilities being able to pinpoint and retaliate against the attacks. Hopefully my speed, my bo staff, and my cape will protect me when we fish them out, but we can work together to stop them."
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-13-2018 at 12:03 PM.

  7. #6007
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    5,859

    Default

    Further into the city, past where Zaofan had cleared and further in than any had managed to venture past the shield, a thick tree trunk sized beam slams into the barrier and shatters it. Almost immediately half a dozen grey beams slash at the exposed group.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #6008
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    14,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Further into the city, past where Zaofan had cleared and further in than any had managed to venture past the shield, a thick tree trunk sized beam slams into the barrier and shatters it. Almost immediately half a dozen grey beams slash at the exposed group.
    Still hidden in her Druj, Ishtar presses forward towards the source of the massive beam.

  9. #6009
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    17,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan flashed a smile at Meagan. "I'm willing to go if you are." Though, his own bravado sounded like confidence, it was to mask his own frustration and fear. But relationship management is part of being a good chef as well.

    ----

    Of the Twelve Philosophies of Cooking that Zaofan had picked up over the years, visiting one esteemed chef to the next, the first five came to mind, even with all the enemy fire going on.

    1. FIGHT FOR FOOD INTEGRITY
    Cooks and chefs have been on the front lines for change in standards and what information is provided. It is up to a good cook to communicate that information properly.

    2. FRESH IS ALWAYS BETTER
    Traditional and unorthodox often go together very well. Unlike several of the others, including Zaofan himself, Meagan was neither injured nor as visibly drained of stamina.

    3. GREAT COOKING IS A BUSINESS OF RELATIONSHIPS
    Chefs led the charge towards making connections with the source, learning how their ingredients were raised or grown, and giving credit where credit is due. Recognize relationships, develop them, cultivate them. Read the room.

    4. PROFESSIONALISM = RESPECT
    We can hold our heads high because people are learning to respect the cook for his or her skill and the creative spirit that exists in kitchens. And that includes everyone the cook considers a colleague. Acknowledge the skills in the kitchen and consider how they improve the kitchen overall.

    5. DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION ALWAYS WINS
    Kitchens have grown to become the most diverse work environments around, whether it be background, level of skill, or even type of skill.
    -----

    Zaofan continued with Meagan. "This might be the second time where we're up against enemies with a uniform skill set. But you have variety and enhanced senses that some of us don't possess. I can make myself vulnerable if it means your abilities being able to pinpoint and retaliate against the attacks. Hopefully my speed, my bo staff, and my cape will protect me when we fish them out, but we can work together to stop them."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Further into the city, past where Zaofan had cleared and further in than any had managed to venture past the shield, a thick tree trunk sized beam slams into the barrier and shatters it. Almost immediately half a dozen grey beams slash at the exposed group.
    Before Meagan could agree, she was flung back as her barrier was shattered. Her armor and magic cloak/cape gave her some protection, but not enough.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  10. #6010
    Astonishing Member The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,033

    Default

    : Chou enlarges his whole body and surrounds the party in perimeter of the group. Getting cut the hell up with blood, but soaking the blasts. Eyes glow as afterwards he looks to the ruins.:

    He retracts to normal as he had small bullet like holes all over, grunts in pain.

    : Healing factor fixes energy, has to watch his ki though do he stops soaking the blows and made his hands the size of elephants:

    : He Made Notes If Erosa And Ishtar. Aiming to area they would be unaffected. He claps. Hard.:

    It was a cone of force with thunder clap, in between the two ally power levels that shook flames and buildings away.:

    ď Chou smash!!Ē

    EFItted for great justice.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 03-13-2018 at 01:00 PM.

  11. #6011
    Thumbs Up The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    2,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Further into the city, past where Zaofan had cleared and further in than any had managed to venture past the shield, a thick tree trunk sized beam slams into the barrier and shatters it. Almost immediately half a dozen grey beams slash at the exposed group.
    Midori grabbed hold of Shiro with her good arm and began pulling her out of the way of the grey beam that seemed targeted at them. Shiro for her part ignored the jostling as she focused on fixing the hole in her stomach, or at least patching it enough that she could ignore it until later. It was getting closer to the second option by the moment, and was quickly looking like the one she'd have to go with.

    Once out of immediate danger, Midori turned toward the direction the beams came from and began firing her eye beams in the direction, hoping to strike the attacker or stop their attack for the moment.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  12. #6012
    Astonishing Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Further into the city, past where Zaofan had cleared and further in than any had managed to venture past the shield, a thick tree trunk sized beam slams into the barrier and shatters it. Almost immediately half a dozen grey beams slash at the exposed group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Before Meagan could agree, she was flung back as her barrier was shattered. Her armor and magic cloak/cape gave her some protection, but not enough.
    "AAIIYAHHH!"

    Zaofan was launched high into the air, and in a painfully slow downward arc, he slammed into the ground. Ears ringing, jaw shaken, and crawling at the dirt to try to get up, the explosion rattled him badly. Blood seeped down the corner of his mouth. He was damn near out cold, though he summoned as much conscious strength as he could to try to stave off drowsiness.

    His back felt numb, but he could move all his limbs, thankfully. Struggling to push himself onto all fours, his weighted cape draped over his back, having absorbed a good chunk of the impact. Zaofan reached out to Bojack, and, once he was ready enough, planted it on the ground to pull himself up, and he hobbled to the nearest crumbling wall for shelter.

    "HAF...HAF...HAF...Dammit." Zaofan wiped the blood with his sleeve. "By clearing the smoke... *koff! koff!* All I ...did... was ... give them a better shot... at us..." He sat back against the wall, one leg flat on the ground and the other with the knee bent up, one arm resting on top of the bent knee. "I need... a minute..."
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-13-2018 at 12:58 PM.

  13. #6013
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    5,859

    Default

    Chou’s thunderclap knocks a grey robes Human off a building. He catches himself half way down and then realizes he’s exposed.

    Ishtar, meanwhile, hidden as she is dives deeper into the parts of the city still aflame. As she gets closer, she starts getting an oppressive dread feeling.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #6014
    I'm A Hugger Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Suplex City
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Sarada was blown back by the tremendous barrier-shattering blast and landed hard on her back. The back of her head slammed into the ground, causing her vision to blur briefly and blacken around the edges. "Ugh! Wha- AAAAGGH!!!" Dozens of beams bombarded her and those around her. She herself was protected, for the most part, thanks to her armor, but she was hit twice in the face, leaving streams of blood running down her forehead and cheek.

    "COWARD!" she roared into the vast unknown before her. "COME OUT AND FACE US LIKE A MAN!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Chou’s thunderclap knocks a grey robes Human off a building. He catches himself half way down and then realizes he’s exposed.
    "Aha, there you are!" Sarada darts into the air and fires blast after blast in hopes of knocking him off the building.
    "I'm not a good guy. I'm not a bad guy. I'm THE guy!"

    - Roman Reigns, greatest champion in WWE history.

    DBM | Sarada

  15. #6015
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    14,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ishtar, meanwhile, hidden as she is dives deeper into the parts of the city still aflame. As she gets closer, she starts getting an oppressive dread feeling.
    Ishtar pressed forward, regardless of the city that burned down around her.

    Yet as she pressed deeper into the smouldering ruins of present and distant memory, a familiar feeling welled up: Dread. A sign that she was headed in the proper direction at least, and yet ... touching on the connection provided by Slak's persistent mental link, the Oni informed the others.

    'On your guard. There is more than simply unseen archers hidden among the smoke and flame.'

    She did not have much time now, before her deception wore off however, and pressing forward regardless, the golden-eyed Oni attempted to spy the source of the feeling before she was forced to withdraw.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •