Page 42 of 661 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142542 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post

"I need assistance with a few tasks for the betterment of the world, and even perhaps beyond it. You get what you've all been seeking, I get the satisfaction of thumbing my nose at the higher deities who decide that mortals affairs do not concern them. And Earth surviving."

She shrugs.

"Kami is the name I took 300 years ago from the last Kami. Some have refereed to the title as 'God', but that is incorrect. Guardian is more apt to my role. I am not a Kaoshin or a true God, after all."
    This was intriguing but also horrifying with the implications of what she said, if it was all true. Truth be told, Karine was not remotely a religious person that was more of her mother's side of things but she hadn't really pressed the issue growing up, allowing her to ultimately decide how she wanted to live her life. To hear confirmination 'deities' were a thing left a lot of questions, but to what she said 'higher' ones didn't think too much of mortal affairs.

Karine supposed her main axe was the general concept of higher beings that used mortal lives as cosmic chess or a glorified ant farm.

"..I..we'll I see.." The young woman paused to collect herself, wondering if perhaps she was being too naive to take this beings word at face value. "You mentioned earth will be under threat in the future. So I assume you plan on training us for said threat." Bluntly speaking, none of them were anything worth writing home about at the moment, maybe this Kami saw potential in them that wasn't as readily apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Hm, well, this was precisely what he wanted. One of his mother's core teachings had been that, while it's possible to become strong just through training with the proper motivation, the best teacher was real battle experience. In particular, against opponents of (roughly) equal or greater power.

He wanted to get stronger, that was clear, but his reasons for doing so... well, his main reason was to see just how far he could push himself. And, if he hit his limit, whether or not he could surpass that. A simple desire, yes, and one likely born out of his Saiyan side, but it could probably sustain him until the day he died

"Awesome. I'm in," he said.
    Karine was still in some ways immensely skeptical of the whole thing. An guardian of earth? Other deities? Still, there was no denying what she was witnessing and the overall feeling she got from this guardian who called herself Kami. If what she said was true about earth being in danger with her and the others having the potential to advert it there was no recourse but to get involved even if it was something that normally didn't appeal to her.

The warriors path had been open to her with her father but she had no interest in it except learning just enough to defend herself. It didn't ignite her blood like it did her friend, she did enjoy friendly competition but nothing too serious. This was a different matter entirely if all this held true she be tested by fire of combat, and those chains would either strengthen or break her in the process if she wasn't strong enough.

For her home and loved ones though, she'd take again and again despite any misgivings.

So Totoma's easy going answer after everything that happened, the questions, along with the world shattering revelations made her response an easier one. It was ridiculous how casual the response was with the gravity of the situation, yet she found herself appreciating it in part.

"I am as well. If what you said is true about earth being in danger, then I don't have much choice to begin with. None I'd be comfortable with." She regarded her friend with a bemused look. "I did say I'd help in anyway I can. It'll just be like old times, save for the stakes being so high and older, I guess."

Karine life was more routine and stable, though with Totoma being himself sometimes those plans and routines were thrown off. A large part of her had missed it.

Kabuto took a deep breath.

Okay. Time to try again.

Gathering his Ki, and put all his strength into moving upright...

The gravity effect has worn off now, as the mage is distracted by the falling debris.
    ...just as the gravitational force let up on him, resulting in him flying off into the air.

"Hooofff!", he grunted, as he slammed into the ceiling of the mine.

He dropped back down on the ground, stunned. Taking another moment to recover from his exertion, he raised his head and took in the fight as it was happening.

Around him, the others were charging at the mage. One of them, the robot, had stolen the urn. The earthling he had spoken to earlier was attacking him from behind and above.

Seizing the opportunity, he gathered his Ki and Shukichi'd straight at the wizard from the opposite direction, staying low to the ground, reasoning that an attack from both directions would be more difficult to defend against. As he was doing so, he started to project a questing tendril of his psyche at the wizard, trying to sense the mage's intent and see if he would be vulnerable to his other technique.

Zanzo

Should he be vulnerable, their foe would see several copies of Kabuto attacking from different directions, to further confuse him.
    Last edited by Sol_M; 01-13-2018 at 02:46 AM.

A look of serious thought was finally followed by Meagan stepping forward, "I would not turn down a request by a world Guardian, or turn my back on a chance to better myself. However, if it is within your power to do so, there is one question my people have been struggleing with for a thousand years. Perhaps the answer to this question would not be too high a price to ask in exchange for my services?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Fantastic Member

A year! And no doubt more, if whatever task this Kami sought to assign them required as much time as would be expected of divine needs.

That's too much! Far too much! This Kami will have me wasting a third of what I have left away.

And yet, what choice did he have. What other recourse with the limitations set on him. And who to say that he had any better chance than the one that presented itself now.

After all, time was anything but his ally.

"It really is quite impressive that you'd managed this feat, my dear Imakiga." Koorimaru drawled, partially out of lethargy and partly in response to his still fresh injuries.

"Let's just say I called in a favour to repay a favour." Imakiga answered, setting the last of the Dragon Balls in the circle.

"Indeed. Fascinating that you were able to determine this hovel of a planet had its own set of Dragon Balls and collect them all in so little time." Koorimaru said to the Namekian without averting his gaze from the seven spheres resting unpretentiously before them.

"You have your techniques. I have my information." Imakiga shrugged, "Still, your description of this Saradasuke confirms much of what is currently known about him. I wish we'd more time to determine how the Shimyakugan was effecting you, but I'm sure you've waited long enough to return to full strength."

Imakiga was right. Koorimaru had waited long enough. The first few weeks were bad enough recovering from his battle with the Saiyan, but as the months passed and it became increasingly obvious that he was not regaining his former abilities anytime soon...

....Well, it certainly proved the reputation of the Shimyakugan. Once he regained his powers, he would be sure to double his efforts to claim it for himself.

"Indeed. Now, summon the dragon."

Nodding wordlessly, Imakiga raised his hands above the balls and spoke in a guttural tongue Koorimaru did not understand.

The skies blackened instantly, and thunder split open the heavens, allowing a shock of light to pierce upwards and curl into the silhouette of a saurian predator from ages past. Then the light shattered, revealing the form of the creature the Dragon Balls contained.

"I am the Eternal Dragon. State your wish and I shall grant it."

This was the first time Koorimaru had seen a dragon. Their reputation, even when spoken of through the magnifying lens of uninformed rumour, did little credit to their immensity, not only of size, but of power. For a moment, he wondered if the source of their abilities were not some technique he could himself procure. But that took him much too far from the point at hand. Such fancies could be considered once he was back at full strength. Once his Namekian companion had made his two wishes, Koorimaru stepped forward.

"Mighty Dragon." Koorimaru's eyes met the dragon, "Cure me of the Shimyakugan!"

Nothing was said while the Eternal Dragon's eyes turned a darker shade of red. Imakiga looked wordlessly at the proceedings, looking very much like he had more pressing matters to attend to. And Koorimaru was silent, impatiently awaiting for the moment he returned to his former power.

A moment that would not come anytime soon.

"This wish, I cannot grant."

Imakiga seemed more shock than the blank sullen expression that paralysed Koorimaru's face.

Can't grant my...? What is this. Who does this scoundrel think he is. No, calm down, perhaps I worded it wrongly. Yes, that is.

"My dear sir." Koorimaru said coldly, "Pardon me if I did not make my intentions clear, but what I meant to say was that I wished to be cure of the effects of the Shimyakugan. They've made things very inconvenient you see, and I would like to return to my state of being prior to being afflicted by them."

"I understand the intent of your initial proclamation. But that wish is one that cannot be granted."

Now, Koorimaru's outrage began to simmer over, his mouth curling into a hissing snarl, "And why can you not grant that wish?"

"Because a wish had been made that the effects of the Shimyakugan used by the individual who made the wish cannot be reversed through the use of any set of Dragon Balls."

It was like Saradasuke had unleashed the full might of his power on him all over again.

"You..."

Koorimaru tried to keep his cool, tried to suppress the outflow of rage that now threatened to boil over his entire body.

But even defeating Saradasuke would have been easier than that.

"...dolt! You imbecile! You paltry excuse for a reptile!!" Koorimaru roared, unabated, ""You will restore me to my full power right this instant, or stars help you, I will scour the omniverse to seek a means to make you suffer, you unmitigated ass!!!!"

"Threaten all you want. That wish will still not be granted. Now, make another one so that I may return to my slumber."

"Then run! Hide back in your balls! If you can't grant this wish then what use are---"

"Now, hang on. Let's not be too hasty." Imakiga interrupted, "There may be a way around this that'll be mutually beneficial for us."

Too flustered to choke out a response, Koorimaru pulled himself from Imakiga, reclining to let the Namekian carry out his plan.

"Mighty Dragon, if you cannot dispel the Shimyakugan's effects, can you tell us how to dispel them."

"That wish, I can grant. While the Shimyakugan has reduced your power level and sealed away your access to your techniques as well as your ability to learn new techniques, you will still be able to raise your power level as you normally would. As you raise your power level, you will gain more and more access to the techniques you have learnt. However, know that if you attempt to raise your power level through the use of the Dragon Balls, you will not regain access to your former techniques as doing so through the use of the Dragon Balls falls under the previously stated limitation. Furthermore, if you are capable of spontaneously raising your own power levels through your own natural physiology, the effects of the Shimyakugan will disperse."

It was the best news he'd had in months. That a means to regain all his hard-earned knowledge existed was all the satisfaction he required. Regaining his cool, Koorimaru chuckled softly, "I see. Well, it will certainly be inconvenient, but I suppose I'll have years to---"

"But be warned. When 3 years have passed from the day the Shimyakugan was used on you, its effects will be permanent. No matter how much you train, no matter how much more powerful you become, you will never be able to regain your old techniques or learn new ones to replace them."

Silence fell over their surroundings, and even then, it was as if Koorimaru's heart had stopped.

"3.... years?"

"Your wish is now granted. I now return to my slumber."

Light once again surrounded the dragon, as all 7 of the balls danced in the air. Rising higher and higher, they danced faster and faster until spinning uncontrollably, they blasted off into their separate ways, dispersing the image of the dragon, and sailing high above the stunned figure of Kooirmaru.
    It had been mere weeks since he learnt the fullness of the stakes at hand. He'd only been lucky that Imakiga had stuck around long enough to share the rumours he'd heard of the room of spirit and time, the perfect means for him to recover his abilities.

And now to hear that it would take at least a year for him to use it for himself!

He wanted to scream. He wanted to scream as he did to the Dragon all those weeks ago. He wanted to lose control, and perhaps allow them to end it all for him, and put him down like the worm Saradasuke had reduced him to.

But perhaps, even the faintest hope of life was far more than the urge for self-destruction could handle. As long as there was a chance, he was not quite ready to allow things to end just yet.

This Kami, if the details of the female Saiyan (with the terrible name) were true, seemed to know much and more about proceedings beyond the scope of her planet. If so, then she knew what his intentions were.

"This is a very tempting offer you bargain, my dear Kami. I am not unfamiliar to restrictions held upon even the most powerful entities, although I am sure no such restrictions are placed upon your foresight, especially in regards to our 'desires' as you put it." Koorimaru explained, "I'm afraid that if achieving my desires then is beyond your abilities, I will have no choice but to decline your generous offer. But, I'm sure one as insightful as you already knows why I've come here. And you know what stakes I am dealing with. If it is truly within your power to grant me my desires exactly as I want them, then I will gladly serve as your avatar."
    Last edited by KamenRaida; 02-26-2018 at 05:05 AM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Her scouter shorts out as the women's ki suddenly spikes well past what the scouter could pick up, before drifting down again to a more regular level.

"Power comes in many forms. An asteroid is powerful if it impacts the planet, but otherwise is little more than a rock in space, no intelligence and no drive. I am not a deity, but I am powerful in ways you cannot fathom, Saiyan Sarada who fled the Meat market. Powerful enough to help you obtain your hearts desire."
    "Tch." She was fortunate that the scouter didn't explode, as they tended to do when presented with a power far, far beyond their ability to measure. It was a fatal flaw that the engineers on Vocado had been working diligently to overcome. The one Sarada had been wearing as the newest model, able to measure powers well into the hundreds of thousands -- even though no Saiyan (or being that she had ever encountered) had a power level that high. For this Kami person to short it out with a simple power spike…

It was equal parts awesome and irritating.

Actually, it was more irritating. She didn't know how to fix it.

Bitch.

What she said next did little to palliate her sour mood. She knew was a Saiyan -- it was rather obvious -- but more importantly, she knew that she ran away from home to avoid enslavement. "How did you know that?!" she screeched, jerking herself into an upright position.

How? How could she have possibly known?! Did she read her mind? Was she stalking her? She supposed she would have to, if she knew what it was that Sarada desired.

"I didn't run away," she insisted. Rather than say more, she fell silent, tightening her arms over her chest and looking away.

I didn't run away. I'm not a coward. I'm not! I just… don't want to live as a slave. If she knows about the Meat Market, then she knows what was waiting for me.

"Fine. Whatever," she spoke. "Just so we're clear, I don't give two shits about what happens to this planet or anyone here. I just want to get stronger so I can go home."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Incredible Member

"There are others, Chuan. Three other groups who, like you, are being shown a path. You'll meet each other soon, I feel. As to why you.....why not? Someone has to, and I have seen great potential in each of you."
    Why not? Those were the words he most feared coming from her. Those weren't the words of a wise god. No, not at all. That was the exact same sentiment he'd have if he was in her position. Caught off guard by that, he let out a surprised half-laugh, unsure of what to really say. He looked left and right, as if unsure if he was being pranked. It took a bit for him to calm down and actually figure out how to respond to her declaration.

"Hope we can get along, then. Four groups of high potential people working together to save the world. What could go wrong, right?"

He had his doubts, but she had been around for a couple of centuries. Kami had to know what she was doing. Still, a question bubbled its way up to the surface.

"300 years ago... What did you wish for? And why?"
    Last edited by Eternal Torment; 01-13-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Healing takes a bit away from your barrier's strengths, and while most of the attacks are blocked, a few do pass through and cause some minor wounds.
    Focus, you idiot!

Were it not counterproductive at the moment, Kai might have added to the new wounds his lack of focus just earned him.

Against an enemy of unknown or superior strength, never split your focus unless it's absolutely necessary. That just leads to bad times for everyone involved.

As Kai takes note of the current state of the battlefield, he recalls words spoken to him from a very distant time, by one ages removed from the plane of life he still walked.

"Sorry. Even now, I can't help but disappoint you."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    When the man hots the dumpster, Sasheem decides to 'swim' a few feet away to hit him with his Majin Lightning, from his antennae. Normally, this would render a foe unable to move and then transform then into an edible treat of Sasheem's choosing, but this enemy was too powerful for all that, Sasheem figured.

Instead the man would only only get struck with the lightning's paralysis...Sasheem just hopes it'd last long enough for either him or the others to do some lasting damage to this annoyance before he could move again.
    But perhaps, I can at least not disappoint them...

"Osuwari."

Without diversion or distraction, Kai put all of his attention- all of his power- into achieving one goal: keeping the man they now faced down- restrained or at least restricted by his telekinesis enough that someone more offensively capable could have the time to finish this.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Inverse Regenesised

The mage screamed in rage as chunks of rock and debris rained down on him and the urn. Only have released properly, being buried would only hinder his full release. With a gesture, it dropped the barrier and instead began using his barrier magic to deflect huge chunks of the falling ceiling away from the urn.
    And so she does. The mage is too busy deflecting debris from the blast to notice the swap. You now have the urn and the mostly broken sealing talisman.
    Much like distracted mage, Ajna was too busy to notice the talisment and cask being swept away, too caught up in the moment as he fell those last few precious feet.

You plan works, and hidden among the debris, he does not notice you.
    When the debris hit the ground less than an arm span from the mage, Ajna was a heartbeat behind it. Feet slapping the floor, he rolled off the momentum of the jump, and was within range of the distracted wizard faster than even he had expected. In the middle of the roll, Ajna launched himself at the mage, unleashing the Snapper, one of Genbudo's earliest techniques and one that even now came naturally to him.

Ki strengthening his arms Ajna threw the two hit combo from 45 degrees to the right of the mage and within his arm's reach, which would make it much more difficult for a martial artist to block or evade. In his mind a large turtle head with golden eyes replaced his arms as the two blows flew out in such quick succession as to have happened at once, its jaws snapping closed on the mage's head.
    Last edited by IGee; 01-13-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Jack looked at this Kami figure. She had offered everyone several people in their group their hearts desire. In my experience someone offering everything usually ends up giving you nothing. Still, if she was some kind of conwoman, she would be the most amazing con in the world to set all this up. And to save the world...if that part was true, Jack honestly couldn't blame this Kami if she was being a bit to quick to make promises.

I know one thing, I don't want her revealing my past, at least, not here.

"I'm pretty sure you can't grant what I seek, m'am," Jack said, "But I think, maybe by helping you safeguard the future, I'll be able to make some sort of progress. So I guess that means I'm in."

It was like throwing an object and knowing it would miss its target; you weren't entirely sure where in the chain of motions you had messed up, only that you had screwed up. Despite the explosive results, Charco shook his head, "Still no good, eh?" Unfortunately, he didn't have the luxury of Tyranno-sensei being around to tell him what vague issue had caused his failure this time.

If there was a silver lining to this, it was seeing the effects the blast had delivered and the knowledge that his plan had been a success. Cracking a smile at the sight of the panicked wizard, he huffed out a chuckle, "Serves you right, ya prick." Leaning back, he plopped onto his rear, taking advantage of the chaos and confusion to catch a breather. Not only had he not mastered the technique in its entirety, but it still knocked out a good portion of his energy reserves.

For now, he'd leave things to the others, if only for a little bit.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    When the man hots the dumpster, Sasheem decides to 'swim' a few feet away to hit him with his Majin Lightning, from his antennae. Normally, this would render a foe unable to move and then transform then into an edible treat of Sasheem's choosing, but this enemy was too powerful for all that, Sasheem figured.

Instead the man would only only get struck with the lightning's paralysis...Sasheem just hopes it'd last long enough for either him or the others to do some lasting damage to this annoyance before he could move again.
    The man is paralyzed by the lightning, now made vulnerable for the others to hit him.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    This was intriguing but also horrifying with the implications of what she said, if it was all true. Truth be told, Karine was not remotely a religious person that was more of her mother's side of things but she hadn't really pressed the issue growing up, allowing her to ultimately decide how she wanted to live her life. To hear confirmination 'deities' were a thing left a lot of questions, but to what she said 'higher' ones didn't think too much of mortal affairs.

Karine supposed her main axe was the general concept of higher beings that used mortal lives as cosmic chess or a glorified ant farm.

"..I..we'll I see.." The young woman paused to collect herself, wondering if perhaps she was being too naive to take this beings word at face value. "You mentioned earth will be under threat in the future. So I assume you plan on training us for said threat." Bluntly speaking, none of them were anything worth writing home about at the moment, maybe this Kami saw potential in them that wasn't as readily apparent.

Karine was still in some ways immensely skeptical of the whole thing. An guardian of earth? Other deities? Still, there was no denying what she was witnessing and the overall feeling she got from this guardian who called herself Kami. If what she said was true about earth being in danger with her and the others having the potential to advert it there was no recourse but to get involved even if it was something that normally didn't appeal to her.

The warriors path had been open to her with her father but she had no interest in it except learning just enough to defend herself. It didn't ignite her blood like it did her friend, she did enjoy friendly competition but nothing too serious. This was a different matter entirely if all this held true she be tested by fire of combat, and those chains would either strengthen or break her in the process if she wasn't strong enough.

For her home and loved ones though, she'd take again and again despite any misgivings.

So Totoma's easy going answer after everything that happened, the questions, along with the world shattering revelations made her response an easier one. It was ridiculous how casual the response was with the gravity of the situation, yet she found herself appreciating it in part.

"I am as well. If what you said is true about earth being in danger, then I don't have much choice to begin with. None I'd be comfortable with." She regarded her friend with a bemused look. "I did say I'd help in anyway I can. It'll just be like old times, save for the stakes being so high and older, I guess."

Karine life was more routine and stable, though with Totoma being himself sometimes those plans and routines were thrown off. A large part of her had missed it.
    "Yes, you will be trained up to face the threats, either by your situations or my my own hand if needs be. I thank you fro agreeing to help."
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Kabuto took a deep breath.

Okay. Time to try again.

Gathering his Ki, and put all his strength into moving upright...

...just as the gravitational force let up on him, resulting in him flying off into the air.

"Hooofff!", he grunted, as he slammed into the ceiling of the mine.

He dropped back down on the ground, stunned. Taking another moment to recover from his exertion, he raised his head and took in the fight as it was happening.

Around him, the others were charging at the mage. One of them, the robot, had stolen the urn. The earthling he had spoken to earlier was attacking him from behind and above.

Seizing the opportunity, he gathered his Ki and Shukichi'd straight at the wizard from the opposite direction, staying low to the ground, reasoning that an attack from both directions would be more difficult to defend against. As he was doing so, he started to project a questing tendril of his psyche at the wizard, trying to sense the mage's intent and see if he would be vulnerable to his other technique.

Zanzo

Should he be vulnerable, their foe would see several copies of Kabuto attacking from different directions, to further confuse him.

The technique works, and you are able to attack him just fine as he is completely off guard now.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    A look of serious thought was finally followed by Meagan stepping forward, "I would not turn down a request by a world Guardian, or turn my back on a chance to better myself. However, if it is within your power to do so, there is one question my people have been struggleing with for a thousand years. Perhaps the answer to this question would not be too high a price to ask in exchange for my services?"

"Agreed. Ask your question."
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    A year! And no doubt more, if whatever task this Kami sought to assign them required as much time as would be expected of divine needs.

That's too much! Far too much! This Kami will have me wasting a third of what I have left away.

And yet, what choice did he have. What other recourse with the limitations set on him. And who to say that he had any better chance than the one that presented itself now.

After all, time was anything but his ally.

It had been mere weeks since he learnt the fullness of the stakes at hand. He'd only been lucky that Imakiga had stuck around long enough to share the rumours he'd heard of the room of spirit and time, the perfect means for him to recover his abilities.

And now to hear that it would take at least a year for him to use it for himself!

He wanted to scream. He wanted to scream as he did to the Dragon all those weeks ago. He wanted to lose control, and perhaps allow them to end it all for him, and put him down like the worm Saradamaru had reduced him to.

But perhaps, even the faintest hope of life was far more than the urge for self-destruction could handle. As long as there was a chance, he was not quite ready to allow things to end just yet.

This Kami, if the details of the female Saiyan (with the terrible name) were true, seemed to know much and more about proceedings beyond the scope of her planet. If so, then she knew what his intentions were.

"This is a very tempting offer you bargain, my dear Kami. I am not unfamiliar to restrictions held upon even the most powerful entities, although I am sure no such restrictions are placed upon your foresight, especially in regards to our 'desires' as you put it." Koorimaru explained, "I'm afraid that if achieving my desires then is beyond your abilities, I will have no choice but to decline your generous offer. But, I'm sure one as insightful as you already knows why I've come here. And you know what stakes I am dealing with. If it is truly within your power to grant me my desires exactly as I want them, then I will gladly serve as your avatar."
    "I can help you in your quest. I know of you previous failure to acquire aid from another set of dragonballs, but I assure you, the ones on this planet are more powerful. While they could not cure or remove the curse, the time limit you face from what was done to you could be removed."
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM