Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
"....For a woman painted as a sadist by research, and aggressive by my own estimate, I didn't realize we were speaking of passive aggression." The Nevadian retorted, her riddles and ridicule of his comrade not going unnoticed, "I won't claim to understand him, but I can't imagine anyone who puts their life on the line as steadfastly as he does to lack belief....And I can't imagine Ochazuke as nothing, if not resolute. I would have you speak your words plainly, if you really had anything worth saying."

This bitterness.....She seems even more annoyed by him than by me, or even this turn of events....What the hell is up with these two?

"I didn't come to your base for Justice, Kenshiko." Held explained patiently, despite his irritation at the sanctimony of a sadist and cruel criminal growing by the moment, "I came to save your world, not to render judgement, or to change it." He picked up a capsule and examined it, noting a tinge of fresh blood on the capsule, that clearly was not his. He grimaced slightly.

"I'll leave such things to beings with far more ability than I in that regard--"

The Nevadians train of thought was cut off, as he was so entranced by his riches, that he had perhaps dropped his guard.

Willia.....

The Nevadian glanced at her for a moment. It seemed like ages since they had spoken, the last time being at the point of blades during the Capusle of The World tour. In her current state, she was a far cry from the confident, powerful warrior who took what she want with little concern to anything else.

But, she was merely a secondary concern at the moment.

Held was silent for a moment, stunned at Jinzi's surprising candor towards Kenshiko and the others. The billionaire had always been calm and collected---A bit erratic to be sure--and to see him otherwise was quite surprising.

...I guess it makes sense he'd be so pissed. They've been hunting him down like a dog, and they then take the chance to piss all over his work. I guess I should applaud his restraint in this case.

"I'd say something about how we should all cool down, but I suppose I should be happy that we've reached a point where bloodshed isn't feasible." He said with a sigh, "But, you know there's no way to please everyone, Jinzi."

The Nevadians quick mind had prepared a counter offer, poised to negotiate and discuss the finer points of money, the nature of the world, and the divine providence of 'Finders Keepers'. The resolute expression on the mind of the scientist had gave Held the impression that this was not a point of negotiation for him.

"Urgh....I suppose we all have our sticking points, eh?" Held replied with a sigh, "And I suppose it's not the worst deal for me....But, what are you doing to do with the money? I can't imagine you'd be content to have it sitting in your own vault, could you?"

I'd imagine if he's this serious about it, the idea of keeping that money around would feel like it tainted the rest of his own...
“Give it away. I’ll match the amount and give you the same. The stuff you got from them will go to a handful of charities. No way to track the owners unless the Raiders kept financial records, which I doubt, so that’s the best we can do.”