Page 102 of 661 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 9901
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Jinzi nods to Koorimaru.

“I had the Geofront already for a city wide emergency, but I did create the arena within the last week in anticipation.”
    The entire arena? In a week?

Koorimaru almost spoke aloud in protest to the impossibility of the claim. But, the easy smile fixed on Pantaloon's smile now, and the memories of his manic enjoyment whilst toying with them, even as he was vulnerable to their assaults that proved a very real danger to him stopped him.

No, this Earther was clearly mad enough to have constructed this arena in a week.

What now worried him were the words that trailed after.

In anticipation.

It was then that the Frost Demon spoken mere hours ago in a frozen country, but which seemed to have taken place a lifetime ago instead.

"I need assistance, and have chosen you all for the role. It is why you all met here."
    He hadn't thought to ask what Kami meant then, only concerned at that moment with finding a means of curing himself of the Shimyakugan. But now, he desperately wished he had, for if Kami was the reason he was here, then was she the reason he no longer had....

He shook the thought astray. There were some memories he simply wasn't prepared to confront yet, and he doubted Pantaloon had the answers to them in any case.

Still, perhaps it paid to know just how much Kami did already know about them.

"I must confess that your brilliance astonishes me, my dear Pantaloon. To have programmed all of this within so limited a time frame is no mean feat. Although, I suppose it's all the more impressive that Kami kept you so well informed of every single one of our prowesses." Koorimaru shrugged, "After all, if any single one of us had even been capable of manipulating electrical pulses, this entire exercise might have been rendered moot in effect."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

This species he recognizes. He has never seen a Frost Demon before, but their voice is unmistakable even if you have never heard it before. Slak supposes he should be surprised a Frost Demon is among Kami's chosen, but he is pretty sure has seen at least one Saiyan in this group. Besides...

"I... admit I expected more," Slak says. Then again, he is no grand prize either. He was a mere farmer just weeks ago. "Numbers are good, but there is too much recklessness among us. Humans are quite chaotic."

From their all too busy cities to their fighters.

Slak grimaces as he recalls his encounter with his blind brethren.

"And I fear cooperativeness will be required in order to stand a chance against this world's former Guardian."
    Koorimaru frowned at mention of their enemy.

"Indeed, and with unruly as our new... allies are, well, let us hope our paltry numbers are intimidation enough for our foe. Speaking of whom, Kami did mention he was of your people." A ponderous expression crossed the Frost Demon's face, as he recalled his own use of the Namekian Dragon Balls mere weeks ago, "I suppose we should count it fortunate that he hasn't made an attempt to use the dragon balls on your home planet, although I would expect that if he attempted it now, he would be met with some difficulties."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Jinzi shrugs.

“Ehh, stim patch’s and energy drinks kept me up. Don’t think I’ve slept in the last week at least, getting this ready.”

“As to your abilities, I confess she didn’t tell me all of what you could do. I simply cast a wide net and, to be honest, hoped for the best. I didn’t have the time to be more particular about what you all could potentially do, I barely had enough time to get the arena together. Instead, I went with the basics.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    "No, I do not think we have yet," Slak says. He is pretty sure most of them have not properly introduced themselves to each other yet. "I am Slak of Planet Namek. Greetings. You are correct. It is rare for us to leave our planet, but I wished to see the universe. Earth seemed as good a starting place as any."

Something he is doubting now.

"I must admit my ignorance though. I am not familiar with your species. I am not familiar with most species to be honest."
    "I am Meagan Te'al, of the Planet Chroma. It is a pleasure to meet you, Slak. As far as my people go, we have pretty much been planet bound for well over a thousand years, though there was a time when my ancestors were more like Saiyans. From what I have been told, they could have given Saiya-jin's a good fight, and often did. My reasons for leaving my planet, for seeking out training to become stronger, are, for now, personal."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The numbness was starting to become unbearable. Kabuto clenched and unclenched his fists slowly. He couldn't feel the emotions of anyone around him anymore, couldn't tell if he was alone or surrounded by others. It was isolation, true isolation where nothing existed but the strange empty buzzing in his mind.

Screams.

<Psionic link unresponsive. Resupply signal.>

"..."

<Stop.>

"...nnnhghh"

<Command rejected. Insistence on using the guttural form of vocal communication noted. Diagnosed as a side effect stemming from the damaged link>

"..."

<If regressive behavior continues, the proposed prognosis is prolonged exposure to the Kuroi Dubh>

"...haaaa...zzz"

<Proceeding with signal supply for next three cycles.>

Screams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    "Will this work?" Kai asked, as pulls out a rather sizable bottle of Silver Wolf vodka out from within his robes, somehow still intact despite everything that happened today thus far. Willing it over, he continued, "It's technically something that I was getting for a friend of mine, but if you truly need it to recover, I can just swing by a store and pick up another later. I could also just deal with your injuries, if you'd like."
    The voice brought him back to the present. Realizing he was leaning against the wall to keep himself from falling, he pushed himself off it and turned to the speaker.

"Thiz izzzz..."

He reached out a trembling hand as the bottle mysteriously drifted over to him.

"...thiz iz good.", clutching the bottle like it was the last one on this planet, his fingers fidgeted with it for a moment, before popping it open, touching it to his lips and throwing his head back, eyes closed.

Kabuto drank it in in large gulps. After a long, slow moment, he lowered the empty bottle, eyes still closed.

The cloud of static was beginning to dissipate, he was able to feel the emotions of those around him again. He opened his eyes, and saw the one before him clearly for the first time.

It looked like one of the earthlings, but with pointed ears. And, to his surprise, the ability to produce vodka on demand.

"Are you...you're not an earthling, that'z for sure. Think I've heard of your kind.", he nodded and held up the bottle. "Thankz. Sorry for drinking it all up, really needed that. If I'd known I'd be under thiz much psychic strezzz, I'd have restocked myself before leaving."

Putting the bottle aside he extended his hand, as was the custom of many races across the galaxy "Name'z Kabuto. Alwayz pleased to meet someone with the foresight to carry their drinks with them. I'll be sure to make it up to ya."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Powerful... and something else was weird about it, too," said Totoma. He'd only had a split-second to comprehend the blast, so he couldn't really dissect and analyze it too well. He'd have to see it used on someone else to figure it out.

"And... even if you can't match its output right now, it should be totally possible to match it with a bit of training and the right technique." Totoma smiled wryly. "But you really should avoid training that ends with getting caught in a blast like that."
    "All true, but I'd like to develop a technique that I don't have to announce before firing. How can I sneak up on people if I yell at them at the last moment?"

Fear had its disadvantages, but he was trying to work on making it more manageable.

"Using up a lot of energy like that without guaranteed results is also bad. Maybe you should consider a more controllable attack when you train for it, so you can hit the target without engaging in friendly fire."

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    K? She was so used to the other nickname Totoma had given her, but she supposed she could get used to. She was going to protest about the change, but ultimately decided against it with the words 're open wounds' came into play.

"You probably know what you're doing with carrying people more then I do. If it didn't take too long, I think I would want to learn how you heal people with those needles." It certainly would help patching Totoma and others up, though given her current skill set probably make more sense to learn some healing magic. Healing arts was her weakest area, I.E. it did the opposite of what it was suppose to do when she was younger. She had been learry of learning it ever since, even if she had become much better student since then.

Karine wouldn't admit out loud she'd rather carry Totoma.
    Yeah, surely he knew what he was doing, right? Wait, why was Chuan looking so shifty all of a sudden? The acrobat cleared his throat, then nodded stiffly.

"I won't say no, because I'm fine with sharing my skills. Just don't expect it to be a breeze." Chuan grunted slightly as he adjusted his position, making sure Totoma was more comfortable as he started walking towards the regen tanks. "And you'll need somebody to practice on. I'm not going to say Totoma, because it's easy to make some painful mistakes. Instead, I'll put my skin on the line. If I can't teach you properly, I deserve the consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine sighed. "And hopefully, this is the last time we end up in a incident like that one. But knowing this group so far.." She trailed off, shaking her head. "If nothing else, you'd probably get a boost from your wounds when this is said and done. Just please take it easy for a bit, all right?"
    "Wait, what? Power boost from his wounds?" Chuan quirked an eyebrow as he looked at her quickly. "This is a Saiyan thing, isn't it?"

Oh, biology. How cruel could you be?

"I guess that wear and tear might actually be beneficial for Totoma, as long as we help keep him alive. It's your responsibility as his friend, and my responsibility as a healer."

Jinzi nods to Koorimaru.

“I had the Geofront already for a city wide emergency, but I did create the arena within the last week in anticipation.”

He leads those injured to a bank of regen tanks near by a large connection of single room buildings.

“This is where you can stay this week while we train you up. There is a room for each of you, with a sauna and bathhouse in the back to relax in. There is also a large cafeteria building on the end there with plenty of food for you.”
    After speaking with Slak, Meagan explored the area where they would be staying. She checked out the regen tanks, the cafeteria, the bathhouse, then finally the individual rooms. Peering in cautiously, she felt distinctly uneasy. Backing away, she looked up to see the roofs of the buildings.

She had no injuries that needed attention, none that time wouldn't heal on its own. She was not yet hungry, however, the thought of a bath did appeal to her as she found herself walking back to the bathing area.

Sasheem snapped awake, disgruntled, more than a little irritated that the donut he was chasing in his dreams had evaporated before him. Glancing around, he noticed that the battle seemed to be over, to his disappointment. Wait...what was that had knocked him out in the first place?! It wasn't Jinzi...at least he thought it wasn't, Jinzi used those orbs. It wasn't Jinzi's helper, that thing was fighting Sarada...

It could've only been one of his so called allies! Sasheem glanced around, angrily looking for the perpetrator. He would've probably attempted an attack on whoever he thought was guilty, had he not still been feeling all the pain and bruises from their training session.

Stupid toilet. Sasheem figured that his natural ability of healing would work faster if he hadn't been stuck in that thing for centuries. It probably had as much to do with dampening his abilities as years of doing nothing but sleep did.

Sasheem raised his arms, deciding to expend his energy on attacking his unwanted home, but stopped when he noticed something....a crack...? Was it possible?! Did the training do that....? No, wait...the blast?! "Oofa!" Sasheem exclaimed. "Yenh!"

Quote Originally Posted by IGee View Post
    Ajna wished to work with the plan the others from earlier had cooked up, but he simply couldn't find a chance to get in edgewise to engage in close quarters, and yet he was too out of practice to summon a Spirit Ball, so a ranged energy attack simply wasn't in the cards either. Regretting his training, or lack there of as of late, seemed to be becoming a theme for him. He also felt rather at odds with his team mates, with how every one was clustering together. He understood the necessity of cooperating, but there was just too much chance of friendly..

.. that. Ogatan-san never pulls his punches at all, does he? First risking a cave in, next.. But his train of thought was lost there as an incredible spectacle played out in front of him.

Woahhhhh! It took a minute for Ajna to react, but when he did he whooped loudly.

"What a finish! Man!"

Wish I'd participated more, but maybe next time! Clenching his fist in front of his face, Ajna was determined to render greater service in the future. This little training suggestion had done much to highlight his faults; some he'd been aware of, others he hadn't even considered.

He may have been high on the fumes of everyone else's emotions, but he was sincerely impressed with the display of everyone's abilities.

Wiping the little sweat he'd accumulated on his brow off, Ajna jogged over to where those who'd been caught in the blast had dropped to see if they needed any help getting to the regen tanks.
    Asha'rah joined Ajna, heading to their wounded teammates. Friendly fire was the unfortunate consequence of a new team attacking a single opponent en masse. With sufficient training together, she was certain they could minimize such incidents in the future. As for Ajna himself...

"You appear to be in higher spirits than after our last victory," Asha'rah said, her tone conveying the smile her features could not.

They walked into medbay. He thanks Ajna again as he walks himself into tank. He proceeds to turn it on himself and wire himself as fluid floods in, he had breather on. He then drifts. In his state was interrupted by Lady GAO, damn that witch. She could check on anyone on Earth.:

“ Well you made a big mess of yourself young man. Good news, we contacted Kami and off to Kame Island, do not get yourself killed. Idiot.”

“ I got one question GAO, Why is it so hard I do anything hado relates?”

“ You have three energy signatures. You can barely tap into one. Relating on the elements around. Master the selves, and the outside environment will follow.”

“ Shut Up And let me sleep”

“ You heal fast. So should be short good night Chou.”

He rests in healing chamber, tissues restoring as bones set back.:

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack chuckled, finishing his cigarette and stomping the butt on the arena floor, "What would be the point if you held back?"

He then got into a stance, noticeably different then he had before. With only one good arm, Jack stood almost sideways, leading with his good shoulder forward, and his feet inline. Apparently to anyone witnessing him, Jack actually knew how to fight with only one good arm.

"Come on then."
    His arm was hurt. That meant she had a clear target to go after, and he knew that. Which meant that any feint to that side of his body was going to likely be overdefended, leaving other parts of his body vulnerable. "There isn't any."

Sparring matches were the safest way for a person to test their strength. Holding back would only serve to stunt their battle experience, leaving them too inexperienced for when the real battles began. Enemies like Old Kami weren't going to take it easy on them just because some weren't used to fighting. They needed to go full-out every time; they had at least one healer that she knew of, so there was no danger of any irreparable damage being inflicted, so where was the need for worry.

That was why she wasn't so bent out of shape about Charco's friendly fire -- Totoma's pending zenkai notwithstanding. If it happened, it happened and they needed to treat it as a learning experience. He needed better focus, and they all needed better coordination.

Except for her. She fought alone.

She charged forward, then slid across the ground to take Jack's feet out from under him.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    His arm was hurt. That meant she had a clear target to go after, and he knew that. Which meant that any feint to that side of his body was going to likely be overdefended, leaving other parts of his body vulnerable. "There isn't any."

Sparring matches were the safest way for a person to test their strength. Holding back would only serve to stunt their battle experience, leaving them too inexperienced for when the real battles began. Enemies like Old Kami weren't going to take it easy on them just because some weren't used to fighting. They needed to go full-out every time; they had at least one healer that she knew of, so there was no danger of any irreparable damage being inflicted, so where was the need for worry.

That was why she wasn't so bent out of shape about Charco's friendly fire -- Totoma's pending zenkai notwithstanding. If it happened, it happened and they needed to treat it as a learning experience. He needed better focus, and they all needed better coordination.

Except for her. She fought alone.

She charged forward, then slid across the ground to take Jack's feet out from under him.
    Jack had had to finish several fights throughout his life despite brutal injuries sustained in the process. Most noticeably in his final battle with Manco. By all rights he should have died that day.

He still had no idea how he had made it through.

As Sarada slid in too take his feet out from under him Jack sprung to the left. As he landed he lashed out with his right foot aimed to plant his heel into her forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    After speaking with Slak, Meagan explored the area where they would be staying. She checked out the regen tanks, the cafeteria, the bathhouse, then finally the individual rooms. Peering in cautiously, she felt distinctly uneasy. Backing away, she looked up to see the roofs of the buildings.

She had no injuries that needed attention, none that time wouldn't heal on its own. She was not yet hungry, however, the thought of a bath did appeal to her as she found herself walking back to the bathing area.
    Entering the bathhouse, Meagan found towels, soap and other toiletries available for her use. Entering a changing stall, she removed her clothes, placed them in a safe location, and then wrapped herself in a large towel. Leaving her hair clasp behind as well, her two-toned hair now fell loosely over her shoulders.

Walking over the area marked for women, she stepped into the bath while letting the covering drop near the edge where she could easily reach it.

The water was warm and relaxing, enough to make her aching muscles feel less so. Diving down, she came up near the edge of the bath. Taking the washing supplies in hand, she began to clean off the weeks of dirt and grime from her hair and body.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "I won't pretend understand your predicament in full," Ochazuke said, "but it is a matter we share in common."

Ochazuke folded his arms contemplatively as he continued, "in life our possibilities are fastened to our limits. Once we reach the xenith of our efforts, what then?"

At Midori's remark, he smirked slightly, "naturally, we all have our secrets. But in our current situation, do you suppose your doctor and our host would be willing to collaborate?
    "Yeah, but humanoid's limits aren't known to them as a fact like it is with us, where the xenith of our limits hard-written in our bodies." Shiro said, looking to Ochazuke as she spoke.

"As for Doctor Nijimoto and Mr. Pantaloons working together... I don't really know. We'd have to get into contact with him, and convince him to come here and work with Mr. Pantaloons, which includes allowing him to look around at our internal workings. He's rather protective about our internal workings, not wanting those who would use it for ill to find out how he made us." Midori added.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack had had to finish several fights throughout his life despite brutal injuries sustained in the process. Most noticeably in his final battle with Manco. By all rights he should have died that day.

He still had no idea how he had made it through.

As Sarada slid in too take his feet out from under him Jack sprung to the left. As he landed he lashed out with his right foot aimed to plant his heel into her forehead.
    She threw her arms up to block the kick. Even as injured as he was, his strikes still had some power to them.

Her leg whipped around to take his plant leg out from under him, and also spin her around so she could climb to her feet.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She threw her arms up to block the kick. Even as injured as he was, his strikes still had some power to them.

Her leg whipped around to take his plant leg out from under him, and also spin her around so she could climb to her feet.
    Rather than try to resist her blow, Jack let Sarada's kick knock his feet up. He twisted in the air to catch her head between his legs and use that to throw her to the ground.

Can't afford to trade blow for blow gotta do something big if I have any chance.