Page 105 of 661 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    His stomach full, Charco remained in the cafeteria for some time, busying himself with his communicator. The selfie he had taken with Pantaloon had easily become his most popular post on FaceSpace, so he had quite a bit to go through when it came to replying back to the myriad of questions from his friends.

"Huh?" Glancing up from his communicator, he found himself nearly face-to-face with...something in a....was that toilet? How he had not questioned Sasheem's existence earlier baffled him, but the oddity grew even more so as it tried to communicate with him. It wanted something to do with fighting and shooting.

Did it want to fight him? That wouldn't be too unexpected considering his notoriety from earlier. Putting up his communicator, Charco crossed his arms in thought before coming up with a conclusion, "Sure. I think I get the jist of it."
    "Yeejee!" Sasheem responded with a fist pump. He then looked over and pointed to the crack in the toilet he was bound to before pointing back at Charco. "Fight...free!"he stated his goal.

Sasheem then turned away from Charco, heading in the direction of the training grounds, presumably to wait for the spar to begin. Or rather he hopped two steps, turned around, grabbed an entire tray of lime gelatin, and THEN headed in the direction of the training grounds, devouring the contents of the tray as he left.

His stomach full, Charco remained in the cafeteria for some time, busying himself with his communicator. The selfie he had taken with Pantaloon had easily become his most popular post on FaceSpace, so he had quite a bit to go through when it came to replying back to the myriad of questions from his friends.

"Huh?" Glancing up from his communicator, he found himself nearly face-to-face with...something in a....was that toilet? How he had not questioned Sasheem's existence earlier baffled him, but the oddity grew even more so as it tried to communicate with him. It wanted something to do with fighting and shooting.

Did it want to fight him? That wouldn't be too unexpected considering his notoriety from earlier.

Seeing another walk into the cafeteria, Charco figured his FaceSpace time was up. Putting up his communicator, Charco crossed his arms in thought before coming up with a conclusion to Sasheem's...request? "Sure. I think I get the jist of it."
    Noticing the toliet demon talking to the one she had seen earlier, Meagan decided not to interfere and instead simply headed to where the food was, even though she was curious as to that they wer talking about. As she looked over the options, her ears twitched as she lsitened in on their conversation.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Noticing the toliet demon talking to the one she had seen earlier, Meagan decided not to interfere and instead simply headed to where the food was, even though she was curious as to that they wer talking about. As she looked over the options, her ears twitched as she lsitened in on their conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Yeejee!" Sasheem responded with a fist pump. He then looked over and pointed to the crack in the toilet he was bound to before pointing back at Charco. "Fight...free!"he stated his goal.

Sasheem then turned away from Charco, heading in the direction of the training grounds, presumably to wait for the spar to begin. Or rather he hopped two steps, turned around, grabbed an entire tray of lime gelatin, and THEN headed in the direction of the training grounds, devouring the contents of the tray as he left.
    "Oh, I gotcha. You want me to get you out of that...that...is that a toilet? I dunno, but I'd want to get out of it as well if I were in your shoes."

Unaware of Sasheem's story, Charco had no reason to refuse helping the creature out. After all, it wasn't a situation you'd come across often, so it'd be interesting to see what'd happen, or at least he thought so. Tucking his hands into the pockets of his track pants, he followed the toilet bound majin toward the training grounds.

"Oh, I gotcha. You want me to get you out of that...that...is that a toilet? I dunno, but I'd want to get out of it as well if I were in your shoes."

Unaware of Sasheem's story, Charco had no reason to refuse helping the creature out. After all, it wasn't a situation you'd come across often, so it'd be interesting to see what'd happen, or at least he thought so. Tucking his hands into the pockets of his track pants, he followed the toilet bound majin toward the training grounds.
    Passing on the food, Meagan instead followed Charco, who was in turn following the creature in the Toliet. Her curiosity has definitely been triggered.

Inverse Regenesised

That... that.. words. Words. I don't.. At a loss for what he'd just seen, Ajna tucked it away rather than think about it. Yeah. Just don't think about it. He was doing that a lot lately. There were some things going on with the folks here that was just not right. And he didn't think them bad folks, but he was really beginning to question this whole "alien" thing.

I mean, it's kind of hard to keep denying it out of hand when a deity was the one spouting off about it. Which meant he had a lot of questioning to do in regards to some of his past views on things. But I dun' wanna change my opinionnnnns. Self reflection is such a hasssssle.

Finally coming to himself after staring slack jawed over his shoulder for a moment, his eyes bugged out, Ajna snapped his mouth shut and shook off the memory of the strange thing and headed through the doors, making a beeline for the delicious aroma of coffee. In doing so he passed..

Smiling, he nodded and waved in greeting as he continued on to the the pot of coffee. Fresh coffee. And not drip, either, but a percolator like Gaku had always used. The aroma brought back memories of early mornings, running amok at the Palace. Of the exercises they had all done together.. of how they had all done every thing together, really.

Ajna found himself missing it dearly the more the memory grew faded by time.

Having dumped his prerequisite amount of sugar (a ton) and creamer (just a little), Ajna turned and leaned against the counter, sipping slowly from the hot mug. A real one, too, not some styrofoam crap cup like he'd been using last, or the tiny tin cup he used when camping. It had him feeling positively civilized.

Passing on the food, Meagan instead followed Charco, who was in turn following the creature in the Toliet. Her curiosity has definitely been triggered.
    Noticing the emptying room, Ajna was tempted to stay here and just enjoy his Joe, but he felt he really should try harder to meet and get to know these people. He was supposed to have their back. They were team mates now.. out to save the world. That sounds entirely too damn dramatic for my liking, too. Note to self: never say that out loud.

Ajna followed them both, though at a slow pace. He dared not spill his precious.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held raised any eyebrow as Ishtar explained her origins.

"The Afterlife, as in....Where I'd go when I'm.....Dead?"

This was certainly a new one for the Nevadian. During his travels on the earth, he had met all sorts of people, from all sorts of walks of life on earth. During his voyages amongst the stars, he had met an wide variety of races, most with at least as many differences as commonalities.

It was a bit of a new one to him, however, to meet someone who claimed to hail from the place where all those people, all those countless varieties of races and species, would go upon meeting their end, timely or untimely.

It was even rarer to meet someone who would live up to such a claim, but Held had no reason to disbelieve the woman. There were all manner of unbelievable claims, unfathomable powers, and mysterious species in the wide universe. And he was willing to risk his life over a theory that seven balls named after a Dragon for some unknown reason would be able to grant whatever ones heart desires.

"...That's certainly not what I thought you'd say." He said, still leaning somewhat heavily on his spear, "Then again, I didn't think that far ahead."

He was willing to entertain this notion, or at least suspend his disbelief. It's not like he had been to the afterlife, after all.

...Although, most tales usually do mention something about Oni, or at least something vaguely resembling the blue woman before him. He vaguely recalled reading something about it in his encyclopedia on earth customs and traditions as well.

He paused for a moment, considering her explanation of the roles her people formerly played in the afterlife.

"So...You've moved away from the afterlife? Is that why you're here? I did sorta wonder how that explains how you got here. But I guess we can just chalk it up to Kami, eh?"
    Ishtar nodded, calmly.

It was to be understood, Held's skepticism. The Afterlife was not a place many found out about until after they died. Though ... the specifics of the place itself were complicated. So many separate heavens, just as many versions of hell. The Afterlife was merely the place in between. For those killed prematurely, and for those in need of sorting. Though she was surprised he seemed to be wholly unfamiliar.

"Moved away is ... apt." The Oni finally responded. "There was a ... divergence. The woman I was, was not the woman I ultimately wanted to be; so I left." She smiled softly then, before shrugging. "Though that long-forgotten history will likely do little more than bore you, I feel."

He asked after why she had come to Earth then; and she had thought she knew- and in fact did- but the reason had been obscured by Kami. Thinking it over carefully before replying to the second question, she shifted her weight slightly before shaking her head.

"No, and yes. I came for reasons that are my own. Looking for something I thought could be found in Dusk City. Though the more I think about the past day's events, the more I realize I my course- and timeline- were manipulated by Kami... and I realize also, that it is a dangerous game the little young godling plays." But her supposing would lead to nowhere, when there were answers yet to learn.

There was however, one more thing to say.

"That is why I learned I had come. My believed reason, was to find a reply to the one who showed me that my former home- the place where time holds no meaning- was nothing more than a thinly veiled prison. I feel I may yet find an answer, but for now I will assist this world's Kami."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Sasheem glanced behind him slightly, seeing that the human was following him. Good. Sasheem turned back around and grinned. Full strength wasn't in the cards just yet, even after he's freed. Well, assuming that another blast would free him entirely, but Sasheem never was one to second guess himself. Either the the hating he wanted to happen happens or he gets angry.

Either way, he'd been slacking off so much over the centuries that additional training would still be neccesary after he's freed...but at least once he is, he can finally do more harm then good. "Heh heh heh..." Sasheem began to laugh to himself once they reached the training grounds.

To Sasheem's dismay, the mozarella had appeared to be cleaned up. And he really wanted to turn the lake into marinara sauce too... The majin shrugged. Maybe there'd be another chance later.

Tossing the now empty tray of gelatinaside , the toilet dwelling Majin turned around arms folded as he waited for Charco to ready himself for the spar.

Sasheem glanced behind him slightly, seeing that the human was following him. Good. Sasheem turned back around and grinned. Full strength wasn't in the cards just yet, even after he's freed. Well, assuming that another blast would free him entirely, but Sasheem never was one to second guess himself. Either the the hating he wanted to happen happens or he gets angry.

Either way, he'd been slacking off so much over the centuries that additional training would still be neccesary after he's freed...but at least once he is, he can finally do more harm then good. "Heh heh heh..." Sasheem began to laugh to himself once they reached the training grounds.

To Sasheem's dismay, the mozarella had appeared to be cleaned up. And he really wanted to turn the lake into marinara sauce too... The majin shrugged. Maybe there'd be another chance later.

Tossing the now empty tray of gelatinaside , the toilet dwelling Majin turned around arms folded as he waited for Charco to ready himself for the spar.
    "All right, so....you just want me to break that, right?"

Seemed like a simple enough request. The bizarre-nature of it was enough to keep the alarms from going off in his head. In his mind, this was a quick and easy porcelain removal job.

"Give me a second and I'll get started."

He began his stretches in an attempt to ensure that his exhaustion didn't dull his attacks too much.

: Chou found himself in a mythical astral plane deal. Shirtless, pants on, in a lush world, one corner dark and in chains.:

“ What the Hell is this?”

“ This is your mental state. Your mental world, you are yourself but we are of three energies that make up you.” Cue a tall masked man in robes, a taller giant with blonde hair and wolf fangs. The last thing was a creature of darkness, bearing chains. A freakish dragon wolf with tentacles and feathers. It howls and tears.:

“ So I can keep training? How exactly? How much time passes here?”

“ The Mind dilates all the time in dreams. Consider this a dream. That you flex your might. Your power is not just your body, but mental barriers. We, are those barriers. Now is the time to cast it out.”

“ How?”

“ You call yourself a man?! Claim your life! Fight us within!”

: Chou cracks his metaphysical neck.: Fine by me. Let’s, dance.

: The chains break as the beast rushes in, everything dying in nuclear flames and darkness choking the Earth, as the other two hover to him. Energy blasting at him as he dodges his way into battle.:

“ To be continued.”

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "All true, but I'd like to develop a technique that I don't have to announce before firing. How can I sneak up on people if I yell at them at the last moment?"

Fear had its disadvantages, but he was trying to work on making it more manageable.

"Using up a lot of energy like that without guaranteed results is also bad. Maybe you should consider a more controllable attack when you train for it, so you can hit the target without engaging in friendly fire."

Yeah, surely he knew what he was doing, right? Wait, why was Chuan looking so shifty all of a sudden? The acrobat cleared his throat, then nodded stiffly.

"I won't say no, because I'm fine with sharing my skills. Just don't expect it to be a breeze." Chuan grunted slightly as he adjusted his position, making sure Totoma was more comfortable as he started walking towards the regen tanks. "And you'll need somebody to practice on. I'm not going to say Totoma, because it's easy to make some painful mistakes. Instead, I'll put my skin on the line. If I can't teach you properly, I deserve the consequences."
    An wave of skepticism hit the young woman at his change of body language. They were a lot more stiff? She guessed the word she was looking for. "I don't expect to be able to learn it over night, no. Anything at this point I'm willing to try for healing, save magic. I had the reverse effect when I first tried it." Internal arts sounded dangerous though, but it was more healing.

It wasn't like her bad healing was going to transfer to this too and make people rupture from the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "I would say I've died and gone to the other word," said Totoma, grinning. "But there's a distinct lack of my mother giving me an earful... or fistful.. about skipping out on my training to play Earthling. I sort of want to use the Dragonballs to revive her, but..."

He paused for a moment, his expression conflicted. "...well, I'm legitimately terrified of how she might react to how I am now."

She wouldn't kill him or anything. She'd just be... disappointed. And the remedial training he'd have to endure for the next however long it took him to get back up to speed would probably almost kill him multiple times.

Which was good, but also scary as hell.
    "She wouldn't let you hear the end of it." Karine agreed, a slow smile forming. There was no doubt in her mind the training sessions if she had been alive to catch Totoma back up to snuff so to speak would of been a tale in itself. She was fortunate Tatsure hadn't taken an interest in her own potential, since while she had gotten along with them there was no doubt the training looked something out a fictional training manual. That was, of course, assuming you didn't know any better.

Then Totoma's face shifted from jovial, to conflicted concern and her own expression softened. "There's no doubt being a Sayain and from that culture she wished you kept up your training, but I think she'd understand. In her own way. Kindness in the traditional sense was different due to her upbringing but I think she'd get that too.."

That was something else she needed to discuss later in private with them, among other things. Her father may not want wish to come back, even if she did bring it up.

Soon, it seemed they drifted off into a half sleep and she turned to Chuan. The next part of the of what probably needed to be done made her nervous, face turning bright red again. "I..I believe in order for these healing tanks to work properly..but he'd probably be more comfortable with me doing it even if they're half sleep if that ends up being the case."

The idea was embarrassing enough and she certainly wasn't trying to take advantage or anything since her usual shyness with these matters stopped her from ever normally doing anything like that on her own.

"..Um.." She started again, addressing their host after a brief fumble. "..They need to be naked for the healing tank to work properly..correct?"
    Last edited by Sion Reaver; 01-26-2018 at 08:44 PM.

"All right, so....you just want me to break that, right?"

Seemed like a simple enough request. The bizarre-nature of it was enough to keep the alarms from going off in his head. In his mind, this was a quick and easy porcelain removal job.

"Give me a second and I'll get started."

He began his stretches in an attempt to ensure that his exhaustion didn't dull his attacks too much.
    As everything appeared to be going according to plan, Sasheem began nodding to himself. The human stretched first, makes sense. Sure was boring waiting for freedom, though. Sasheem's eyes began to wander, but not too much so that he'd be unfocused at the task at hand.

His eyelids did seem to be growing heavier...the Majin guessed the human would say something when properly ready and so, he immediately fell asleep, still standing (sitting?) up in his toilet, arms folded. His head simply reeled back as he began to snore.

As everything appeared to be going according to plan, Sasheem began nodding to himself. The human stretched first, makes sense. Sure was boring waiting for freedom, though. Sasheem's eyes began to wander, but not too much so that he'd be unfocused at the task at hand.

His eyelids did seem to be growing heavier...the Majin guessed the human would say something when properly ready and so, he immediately fell asleep, still standing (sitting?) up in his toilet, arms folded. His head simply reeled back as he began to snore.
    This was certainly a predicament. The creature had fallen asleep as Charco had prepped his body, leaving the teenager with a choice to make. Should he wake it up? Logically, it was the proper thing to do, but it had just fallen asleep during all of this, so maybe this was its way of preparing? It might make for a good surprise to wake it up by breaking it free.

Better do this the old fashion way to avoid waking it up, he thought, besides, how hard could it be to break porcelain?

Stepping up to the metaphorical plate, Charco took a stance.

"Charco, today I want to teach you how to hit something.

...don't look at me like that.

The act of striking something might just appear to be skin, bone, and muscle hitting similar arrangements of skin, bone, and muscle, yet there is a different between that and what I'm about to show you. Most tend to waste valuable energy in their movements, and by the time their fist has reach its target, it is far weaker than it should be. This is because of a number of reasons, such as the instinctual need to protect ourselves. In our case, we should take the example of the Ankylosaurus. It has no need for defense for nature has already given it more than enough, so it places its focus on dealing as much damage as possible. That is how you must act when striking someone."
    Planting one foot into the ground, he used it as the foundation of his attack as the other leg shot forth, delivering an Ankylo Smash enhanced super kick aimed straight for the crack in Sasheem's toilet bowl. Without the Majin to brace for impact, Sasheem and his bowl were launched into the air, although the state of the latter was yet to be seen.

This was certainly a predicament. The creature had fallen asleep as Charco had prepped his body, leaving the teenager with a choice to make. Should he wake it up? Logically, it was the proper thing to do, but it had just fallen asleep during all of this, so maybe this was its way of preparing? It might make for a good surprise to wake it up by breaking it free.

Better do this the old fashion way to avoid waking it up, he thought, besides, how hard could it be to break porcelain?

Planting one foot into the ground, he used it as the foundation of his attack as the other leg shot forth, delivering an Ankylo Smash enhanced super kick aimed straight for the crack in Sasheem's toilet bowl. Without the Majin to brace for impact, Sasheem and his bowl were launched into the air, although the state of the latter was yet to be seen.
    Watching on the sidelines, Meagan's eyes followed the now airborne ceramic with a certain degree of puzzlement.

Inverse Regenesised

Ajna whistled as he watched Charco give the whatever-the-hell-that-was' jaw quite the kick, sending him sailing. Did it twinkle as it rose up in the distance?

He swore it did that day, as he slowly sipped caffeine nirvana.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada's search for Jinzi led her back to he training grounds, the last place she saw him. She arrived just in time to catch Charco boot Sasheem and his stupid toilet into the air, for no apparent reason.

Without knowing the context, she broke into raucous laughter -- though, she would have even if she did know the context. "AHAHAHAHAH! Holy shit! Take that, you piece of shit!!"

She walked up to Charco and slapped him on the back. "You just can't help yourself, can you? Shit, I can't wait to see what you do to Old Kami."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!