Page 114 of 661 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214614 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Jinzi will lead Shiro and Midori away and back up into CC proper, taking them into a lab and asking them to lay down on some tables so he can scan them.
    At a Later Time

After conversing with her teammates, Asha'rah found her way to their host. A young man to have inherited so much responsibility and material wealth, he appeared to have put his talents to great use. She had seen more wonders of technology with in person today than she had in all her years prior. She was keen to meditate on all that had transpired, to try to gather the fragments of herself she could feel floating just out of reach. But this man had earned her time, and she would be staying on his property besides.

"Mr. Pantaloon, you wished to speak?"
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 01-27-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Alright, then. Guess I'll take a bath now." Before she left, she nodded at Charco. "Thanks for the lesson," second time she had to thank someone in the last hour, "if you want to spar, come see me after I rest up." There was no use sparring while exhausted. As much as she wanted to, it would have done more harm than good.

She walked out and headed for the bathhouse, but not before giving Erosa another dirty look.
    Looks like the monkey had begun to slink off Sasheem surmised, still hiding underneath the artificial soil. Perfect time to prank her in revenge for launching him into the sky earlier. Sasheem let out a small disheartened sigh that he wouldn't be able to pull the kind of pranks he used to back when he was at full strength. The kind that often involved dismemberment.

But, he was supposed to be playing nice and as nice to Sasheem more or less translates to, 'just barely tolerates the existance of', a good old fashiomed mean spirited prank was what he figured was highest level of chaos he could inflict upon his so called teammates...for now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ Truth in that. Power is how one perceived it and how to act with suppose power. Ehh the space monkeys are fighting for sake of it. It’s in their nature. I had a run in with one last summer.”

( With that, good night sleep.)
    OOC: Good night then

IC:
    "Only two of their kin. My impressions so far have been less than kind for the younger one," he replied, "Whatever their ethos might be, however, they may be valuable allies. Though they test my patience, I will tolerate them for now."

With that he began to walk off, "your hado shall be an invaluable source of strength, Chou. Cultivate it. But know this. One's worth is known only to himself."

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "I'm pretty sure Jinzi wouldn't think anything of it." Held insisted, "No, seriously, watch."

Held turned in the direction of the Billionare, somewhere inside the training facility.

"HEY, JINZI, CAN I GET A MUSIC PLAYER?!" he shouted towards the room, his free hand held towards his mouth.

"I don't know if he heard that, but I'm sure he wouldn't care."

Young and Impulsive,eh? I can't argue with that, especially since--

Held twitched slightly, recalling how he turned around just in time to catch a glimpse at Charco releasing a blast of green hell towards the general direction of the warrior, poised to unmake him.

"....I can't disagree. Dragonballs should probably be a no-no for now."

Although, I doubt everyone feels so strongly.
    "There is no need for su-" Ishtar's words were halted by a bellow from the young Nevadian. "Well .. I'm sure everyone still present heard you, though I am not so sure about Mr. Pantaloon." She hoped not, the last thing the Oni wanted was to owe their benefactor money for what ultimately amounted to a trifle. She supposed the boy's heart was in the right place though- impulsive as the act itself might have been.

"As for what will be done with the Dragonballs," she changed the subject then, quickly; "there is much I feel we have to discuss. Beyond that, in a week's time, we will be required to split in to three 'teams'. I think the decision to select members for each role was .. hasty," Impulsive. "and such considerations should be made after our benefactor has made good on his decision to amplify our strength. What say you?"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Silly Horn Lady.....sometime Erosa just want to eat big pile of food and not care about how to get it. Sometime Erosa want to sleep with entire group and not worry about talking part. Hunt is fun when Erosa want hunt. But Erosa want a lot of things equally. Sometime easy path win over long path. Master always want to talk and say effort is own reward. Erosa say reward is reward and effort is effort." Erosa smiled, showing her fangs.
    "What a very eloquent thought process," Ishtar replied not the least bit sarcastically. "I agree with most of that, dear Erosa. Perhaps not the matter of sleeping without talking first ... but there is time to discuss such things later." After a pause she then said,

"I also agree with Etrina to an extent. There is reward in effort, yet there is also reward in reward ... the issue as ever, is balance."

"Sister gave me form, but I exist long before big sister know me." Erosa scratched the back of her ear as she talked. "Closest with sister....back before could walk, could talk, could see, could breath. Erosa felt great weight pressing down on her, wanted to breath but couldn't...so Erosa scream into darkness, and big sister hear me.....and we breathed. Erosa screamed when hungry, and big sister hear....and she scream for us to be fed. Big sis and Erosa always want same things in beginning....but slowly weight would get heavier and sister listened to erosa less and less. Before....before she give erosa body.......it was so dark......."

Erosa expression brightened. "But now Erosa free to do whatever Erosa want, whenever Erosa want! Erosa do all things sister want to do but can't!"
    "Isn't that supposed to be the other way arou---"

The Nevadian stopped in mid-sentence, realizing that whatever path this conversation took, there would be nothing good that come of it.

..Wait, what? Who the hell is Erosa, and what the---Actually, no. nope.

"...This is all very fascinating, and it's very nice to meet you, Etrina,was it?" He continued, the clockwork of his mind rapidly rotating as he talked himself out of the pit he found himself in, "But I'm pretty sure my organs are starting to fail, so I should probably go get in a tank...Or at least get some food."

Slowly, the Nevadian began to hobble, using his spear as a guide, wincing slightly as he walked. It would take a well trained eye to determine if this was as a result of his injuries, or as a result of his will to escape.

The various grunts and groans as he escaped punctuated his retreat.

Dear lord, what have I stumbled into?
    "Please pay her no mind, Held. Erosa is many things, impulsive is one of them ... but her heart is in the right place." Sometimes it wasn't of course, such was the nature of Erosa's being ... but Ishtar did not plan to spoil that. Though, the way Held shambled away ...

"Actually, please find yourself some food- and perhaps a trip to the healing tanks." Ishtar called out. "That limp gives cause for concern." Which actually .. considering she had suffered the brunt of Charco and the other's ... Zao ... fun ? Zhao Feng ? It was a wonder she was relatively unscathed. She had much to meditate on, later. The day's events, and the way she herself had processed them, needed further consideration.

However, before she could do much else, Ishtar felt the presence of yet another soul, enter her own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    "Attention, everyone! Slak focuses and broadcasts his voice telepathically over the building."I am Slak of Planet Namek, chosen by this planet's guardian just as you have been. In the spirit of cooperation, I believe it necessary to inform you that a few others and I encountered the one you know as Old Kami earlier today. He is currently in possession of one of the Dragon Balls and terrifyingly strong. I do apologize for the intrusion, but I feel the lack of communication between us necessitated it. If at all possible, I'd ask you to consider a more formal exchange of information later... a meet an greet if you will."

It is probably the bluntest Slak has ever been, yet he has a feeling Earthlings require that approach.
    "If there were those who were not aware of the Old Kami's hand in such things- they surely are now." Ishtar responded back, calmly. "Though I agree the necessity for further introductions is wise. At the very least it would be of benefit to know which of us are telepathic." After a brief pause, the Oni then added. "I am Ishtar. I look forward to meeting you in person, Namekian."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

"It is a pleasure as well," Slak says and finds he means it. He has heard tales about Frost Demons and most are not exactly flattering, yet he has found common ground with this one. Born of shared frustration and worry it may be, but it is common ground all the same.

"I... suspect communication is not exactly our current host's main focus if our interaction with him is any indication." Slak is not familiar with the concept of lab rats. If he was, he'd be using it. Jinzi had essentially played with them. For their benefit, of course, but there is no denying the man had enjoyed himself a bit too much. "Regardless, you are right. Something must be done, and I think there is something I can do, rude as it may be."

"Attention, everyone! Slak focuses and broadcasts his voice telepathically over the building."I am Slak of Planet Namek, chosen by this planet's guardian just as you have been. In the spirit of cooperation, I believe it necessary to inform you that a few others and I encountered the one you know as Old Kami earlier today. He is currently in possession of one of the Dragon Balls and terrifyingly strong. I do apologize for the intrusion, but I feel the lack of communication between us necessitated it. If at all possible, I'd ask you to consider a more formal exchange of information later... a meet an greet if you will."

It is probably the bluntest Slak has ever been, yet he has a feeling Earthlings require that approach.
    Held grunted slightly in annoyance.

Karine, Erosa, Slak....

The Nevadian had nothing against them--Karine seemed positively pleasant--but he couldn't help but feel annoyed that his mind had been spoken into more in the last two days than it had been in the last three years.

Of course, nothing as grand and scope as the anticipated battle for the dragonballs had come up during that time, either.

Desperate times, desperate measures, he supposed.

And it was certainly important information. Until this point, Old Kami had been a rumor, a spectre, a name told in hushed tones by the world current guardian.

The Nevadian entered the cafeteria, his limp less pronounced as he looked over the buffet.

His spear vanished in a puff of smoke.

A moment later several plates were in the hands of the Nevadian, as he proceeded to his table of choice, delicately laying down his feast.

"Terrifyingly Strong, eh?" The Nevadian thought outloud in response, "Perhaps I should let discretion prevail and leave this planet to the earthlings to fend for?"

Unlikely.

While the Nevadian had no intention of dying for this planet, he had no intention of simply sitting idly by as it met it's fate. The previous time left a putrid taste in his mouth. If his skills were at all able to contribute to the saving of his home for the last three years, it would be shameful to simply tuck tail and run.

"Well, I guess that's a bit of a crass joke on my part." He said, letting his words linger a tad too long. 'My apologies."

He began consuming his meal at a ravenous rate, having expended more energy than he anticipated during the days training. His previous meal cut short by the meeting the team had earlier, did little to help him.

Still....

Willa was beyond his abilities, such as they were. He had no doubts he would likely have been defeated had the others--Chou, Chaun, and Zao Fan--not been present. But even then, he would not have went so far as to describe the woman's power as 'terrifying'

Immense, overpowering, and certainly worthy of what one would expect from the head of the Red Raiders.

This Namekian--Slak--seemed to consider Old Kami to be the stuff of nightmares.

"I'll be at your meeting. You know where to find me, apparently."

What on earth did he encounter?

Damnit.....I'll have to actually get back into gear if I want to do this thing....I guess my vacation truly has ended....
    Last edited by Miburo; 01-28-2018 at 12:14 AM.

After some time yet undetermined

“Well, the orbs were supposed to attack each of you en mass, forcing you all apart and into fighting by yourselves. A few special ones had energy blasts or energy absorption capabilities too, but Charco and Zaofan saw to them.”
    Breathe. Maintain tension as you draw inward.

Ochazuke stood on the gravity platform, the air clinging to his bare torso and drawing downward onto the bearing of every joint, lengthening every sinew with 250% of the living weight he dragged in each step.

The first step forward is a fighter's declaration. Commit your intention through your body.

Knees turned slightly inwards, right foot leading, he slowly tensed the muscles in his legs, pressing into the nanite-reinforced platform and pushed forward in a heightened tension. As he inhaled everything was held in full guard, from the nares, his throat, teeth clenched. To the rhythm of a heartbeat labouring against heightened pressure he felt his very blood drag against the vessels that coursed into his frame. All the while even as sweat coursed from he brow he never so much as blinked as he faced down his target.

In an orbit around him two chrome spheres chased one another unfettered by the effort Ochazuke took to simply breathe or move, a foreign body in a silicon and steel world of their host's design. The first passed a camera-eye before him, glimmering with a threat as it powered up, its twin tracing an invisible field from pole to pole as it began to pulse. Immediately he felt a basso pulse as a shockwave tossed a wave of pressure at him and pushed him backwards. Exhaling sharply he counted with a shout, pushing force against force as he was dragged across a sweat-slick surface.

You do not know pain. You do not know fear.

Pressing down and reaffirming his stance, the charge of the second satellite ripped a blue-hot energy beam. Whirling around arms enforced with energy, Ochazuke swiftly defended himself with a round block. Straining against gravity's pull he moved in and turned to face the other orb with threw out a second shockwave, settling his stance and bracing himself once more.

Your life extends as far as your resolve.

Tsuru-ryu Sanchin. The Crane School's foundational Stance of Three Conflicts. A time-tested traditionalist's method beset now by the violence of an inventor's toys. As the rush of air pressure threw the accumulated sweat from his body as he guarded against it, he had no time to even breathe, as a laser announced itself with but a flicker. Wheeling a half step-backward Ochazuke leaned back and scattered it's path by dashing it against his elbow, only to be blown off-centre by another shockwave. Throwing one foot behind himself he rooted himself, nearly falling to his knees, gravity threatening to bring his face to the floor but by the strength he held in a near broken stance.

Standing above the marshes, ascending towards immortality. Before a crane can fly, it must stand.

The cold shock of pain rocked through him as he felt a laser collide against his ribs, throwing him nearly to the floor as he sucked wind from the impact to his liver. As he felt the acceleration of the shockwave approaching.

With a desperate shout he raised his arm and fired a Dodonpa into the eye of the machine, hitting its core and shocking its insides. Pushing himself to his feet a laser fired itself straight into his chest, right into the scar tissue just above his heart.

My gift to you.

Laboured breathing filled his lungs as he traced the firing sphere's orbit. One step at a time he pursued his synthetic attacker, dead set on his target at the apex of his battle meditation. One, two, three salvos, even under the pull of 2.5 times gravity, as energy pulsed to the rhythm of inhale and pulse his body moved all by itself. Laser-light scattered across his arms, beset by guarded wrists, rendered apart against calloused fingers.

Shaping his hand into the avian hunter's bill, he dashed it into the frame of the attack orb and plucked from it its crystalline eye in a motion executed thousands of times, now remastered.

With no obstacles, the training program ended. Ochazuke, his stamina pushed to the limit, stood in the empty arena accompanied only by the sound of his own breathing and the din of the ki he extended into the empty environment. Looking at the crystal jumbled in reflectors and torn servos in his hand, he shook his head and callously let it slide from his grip to the floor below.

Each step in the hellish gravity chamber was like starting his training anew, and he had felt as if a new avenue of discovery had been open to him. Yet as his pulse settled and his deep breathing stilled into a meditative rhythm, he was fixated on how he, guided by instinct, settled into the same movements once more.

That when pressed to remember his training, he moved by the design of the hand that would have placed him in the grave; in every step he took, he only had the voice of that man to guide him.

Retired Overlord

"Does Etrina feel your satisfaction when you eat? Feel your elation when you succeed? Your desire when you love?"
    "Erosa say no....Sister not feel what Erosa do, not while in body. When I run out of energy I go back to the dark place, where connection is strongest....but Erosa not like it there anymore. Too dark, too heavy. Holding me under. Its much better out here." Erosa swung her arms out, gesturing to the world.

"Isn't that supposed to be the other way arou---"

The Nevadian stopped in mid-sentence, realizing that whatever path this conversation took, there would be nothing good that come of it.

..Wait, what? Who the hell is Erosa, and what the---Actually, no. nope.

"...This is all very fascinating, and it's very nice to meet you, Etrina,was it?" He continued, the clockwork of his mind rapidly rotating as he talked himself out of the pit he found himself in, "But I'm pretty sure my organs are starting to fail, so I should probably go get in a tank...Or at least get some food."

Slowly, the Nevadian began to hobble, using his spear as a guide, wincing slightly as he walked. It would take a well trained eye to determine if this was as a result of his injuries, or as a result of his will to escape.

The various grunts and groans as he escaped punctuated his retreat.

Dear lord, what have I stumbled into?
    Erosa looked at him as he backpedaled away, her red eyes boring a hole clear through him.

"Silly stupid man didn't hear Erosa's name? That's weird.....Erosa say name alot when talking. How you not hear name?" Erosa seemed to tense up. ".....*sniff*.........*sniff*........"

A smile creeped over her face.

"..Silly man sweat a lot....nervous....good thing he was walking. If he ran Erosa might not have been able to help herself."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Erosa say no....Sister not feel what Erosa do, not while in body. When I run out of energy I go back to the dark place, where connection is strongest....but Erosa not like it there anymore. Too dark, too heavy. Holding me under. Its much better out here." Erosa swung her arms out, gesturing to the world.
    I. Erosa had referred to herself as "me" once or twice before, but this was the first time Asha'rah had heard her refer to herself as "I." It was the strongest personal pronoun, in application and in pronounciation, creating psychological impact with its mere pronunciation. The Id was not known for its self-awareness. However Etrina had split herself, it obviously had not been a pure one. Etrina possessed some degree of emotion, and Erosa some degree of self-restraint, if only a little. Their impurity allowed them to function as living beings instead of constructs. Perhaps Erosa referred to Etrina as a sister for lack of a better term.

Yet Etrina's self-rejection had not abated with the split, and Erosa only returned to her when she needed to replenish herself. Etrina remained the dominant side, as evidence by her master-familiar relationship with Erosa and her attitude to Erosa when she slept within. Etrina had lost touch with a large part of herself long ago, and now they existed in limbo, neither two entirely separate beings nor one and the same anymore. Etrina had rejected her primal side. But had Erosa rejected her higher-order self? No, Asha'rah did not sense that. Still, Asha'rah wondered if such a positive attitude would persist forever, especially if each half continued to grow apart, indulging only in their own goals.

"Self expression is a liberating experience," Asha'rah said, agreeing with Erosa on that much. This was delicate ground. Etrina surely had strong reasons of her own for doing this to herself, reasons that needed some validation. Asha'rah needed to get to know them both before doing anything, if anything at all.

"How do you feel about Etrina?"
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 01-28-2018 at 02:56 AM.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    The voice brought him back to the present. Realizing he was leaning against the wall to keep himself from falling, he pushed himself off it and turned to the speaker.

"Thiz izzzz..."

He reached out a trembling hand as the bottle mysteriously drifted over to him.

"...thiz iz good.", clutching the bottle like it was the last one on this planet, his fingers fidgeted with it for a moment, before popping it open, touching it to his lips and throwing his head back, eyes closed.

Kabuto drank it in in large gulps. After a long, slow moment, he lowered the empty bottle, eyes still closed.

The cloud of static was beginning to dissipate, he was able to feel the emotions of those around him again. He opened his eyes, and saw the one before him clearly for the first time.

It looked like one of the earthlings, but with pointed ears. And, to his surprise, the ability to produce vodka on demand.

"Are you...you're not an earthling, that'z for sure. Think I've heard of your kind.", he nodded and held up the bottle. "Thankz. Sorry for drinking it all up, really needed that. If I'd known I'd be under thiz much psychic strezzz, I'd have restocked myself before leaving."

Putting the bottle aside he extended his hand, as was the custom of many races across the galaxy "Name'z Kabuto. Alwayz pleased to meet someone with the foresight to carry their drinks with them. I'll be sure to make it up to ya."
    OOC: Technically, current Kai looks human, as his true form is sealed. Luckily, Kabuto didn't actually mention the pointed ears, or I'd have to do a potentially fatal side quest thing extra early.

IC:

"I'm Ronin Kai," Kai said as he took Kabuto's hand and shook it, half-tempted to try to gauge the wellbeing of the man whilst doing so before reminding himself of the potential rudeness of the act, "and while I'd like to claim possession of such foresight, I'm afraid that bottle being with me was something of a rare, convenient oddity- a result of the errand I was running just prior to the events that eventually brought me here. It's not something I'd normally have, though given how well it seems to have worked, I'll make sure to keep a bottle or two on me at all times."
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Jack floated in the tank, and dreamt of days long passed....

"...You're kidding right? You're actually going to try to get me to play 52 Pickup?" Jack asked in pure disbelief, he had been living with a group of gambling obsessed bandits for most of his life now, and he had experiences all the variations, 52 Pickup, Smoke & Fire, Three Card Monty and so forth, "Geeze, Manco, we gonna go on a snipe hunt after?"

Manco just laughed in response, "I suppose you've been dealt a hand of this game before, but I would wager you've never played my house rules," he explained still grinning, "The trick is, my dear boy, you have to snatch all the cards out of the air, before they hit the ground. Oh, and make sure you toss them a good three feet into the air too, that way you get an even spread, makes the game more fun, y'know?"

"Tsh..." Jack scoffed, "It can't be done, this is just another one of yo-"

In the blink of an eye Manco had tossed the entire deck into the air. The deck broke apart and the cards scattered through the air in a ten foot radius. However before a single card could touch the ground, Manco had blurred catching each of the cards using his only good arm, the hand of whichwas now holding said deck in his hand once again all neatly stacked as if they had just been taken out of a brand new box.

"...But...how...?" Jack was dumbfounded. He knew Manco was an incredible martial artist, Manco had in fact trained Jack to the point where Jack could defeat full grown men despite being on ten years old. It was only now that it was dawning on him that Manco much, much stronger than that, and that Jack had much further to go if he truly wanted to match his mentor.

Manco just laughed and tossed the cards up into the air. Jack quickly darted around catching as many as he could.

It had taken a few weeks, but Jack remember the day when he had finally caught every single card before they had landed on the ground. He had immediately rushed off to show Manco.

Who had then shown him 104 card pickup.

Jack opened his eyes, and for a moment panic set in before he remembered what had happened earlier. The fight with Jinzi, and then Sarada. He was in one of the healing tanks. He could even see Totoma across from him. Wait, did Sarada actually put me in here? Kind of thought she'd just leave me on the arena floor.

Need to find a deck of cards when I get out of here.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

He leads those injured to a bank of regen tanks near by a large connection of single room buildings.

“This is where you can stay this week while we train you up. There is a room for each of you, with a sauna and bathhouse in the back to relax in. There is also a large cafeteria building on the end there with plenty of food for you.”
    After spending a few moments getting acquainted with the regen tanks- studying how they worked as he helped those who couldn't help themselves get inside- and a couple more each in what he deigned was his temporary residence and the cafeteria (where he would make true on what he promised Kabuto), he went back out to the Geofront, finding for himself a place where his practice shouldn't directly disturb any potential others.

Once this was confirmed to the best of his ability, Kai willed his immediate vicinity to become silent and still, as though the world within his sphere of influence was holding its breath to avoid disturbing him as he mentally reached out to get a true feel of and feel for his environs.

"It approaches neither Xanadu nor Avantasia, and yet..." Kai spoke aloud to a nonexistent audience a few moments later, as he proceeded to sit among the grass. "I cannot help but be impressed at what Capsule Corporatio have managed to accomplish here."

For several moments afterward, Kai simply focused on observing every single bit of the area around. Then, just he was ready to begin his training in earnest...

One of his allies from earlier spoke, presumably to everyone, concerning the matter of Old Kami, the Dragon Ball he possessed, and a potential exchanging of information.

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea, actually; on the off chance some may not be capable of understanding telepathy, I'll help you spread the word," Kai responds to Slak before effectively repeating Slak's message to those that appeared to have not received it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Adam, being inorganic, does not hear this.
    OOC: That means you.
    Last edited by Noldere; 01-28-2018 at 03:24 AM.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

"It is a pleasure as well," Slak says and finds he means it. He has heard tales about Frost Demons and most are not exactly flattering, yet he has found common ground with this one. Born of shared frustration and worry it may be, but it is common ground all the same.

"I... suspect communication is not exactly our current host's main focus if our interaction with him is any indication." Slak is not familiar with the concept of lab rats. If he was, he'd be using it. Jinzi had essentially played with them. For their benefit, of course, but there is no denying the man had enjoyed himself a bit too much. "Regardless, you are right. Something must be done, and I think there is something I can do, rude as it may be."

In the cafeteria, Meagan was at a table enjoying her vegetarian meal when she heard the telepathic broadcast from the Namekian. Though she wasn't sure if he could hear her, she decided to try anyway, closing her eyes and focusing on Slak, "At least we have a better idea of whom we are up against. Congratulations on surviving the encounter. Next time let it be him who does not survive."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

He took those words into consideration, as he keeps on working at his blasts. Figuring out only mouth and hand blasts. Also tuning the energy into shapes, too brief for techniques though but a start. He felt his mind expanding and his limits expanding. Psyching himself up to do battle.:

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    Koorimaru winced at the psychic intrusion, taking a brief moment to regain his composure. Sudden though it was, the contents of his message were welcome if not for how they enlightened him, then for how they enlightened the rest of the group. While there was little guarantee that many of Kami's chosen would know what to do with the information, or even care for its implications, this was knowledge better placed in the recesses of their mind than nowhere at all.

"My thanks for the announcement, my dear Slak. I hope you have not set your mind on entering the tournament. An ability such as that would be indispensable for coordination should you join our raid on our enemy's base. There was another who had a similar ability to yours, though I cannot say for certain what her decision will be when the week is over."
    "I had not considered where to go yet," Slak replies. It isn't entirely true. A part of him feels duty-bound to go to wherever it is more likely for his blind brother to be even though he is aware of how little difference he'd end up making. Still... "I suppose it is best for me to go where my abilities will be more useful."

Regardless of any personal feelings he may have. They have more than enough fighters. He is of the Dragon Clan not the Fighter Clan and misguided pride ill-suits a son of Namek.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    "It's all right." Karine said to relieve whatever may have said next, she had to agree with the statement. "I honestly don't think telepathy would work on some of our companions, the androids in particular. You'd likely have to tell them in person." Sad to say, she only knew one of them by name, the one that reminded her of a monk. Whether that translated to mannerisms as well she'd have to see on interacting with them closer. Could she sense them? She doubted it. However, if any had magical energy which she doubted she'd perhaps be able to.
    "The mechanical ones?" Slak asks, tilting his head. The concept is still new and strange to him. "I see. I will have to see about contacting them later."

As he speaks, Slak starts to feel the results of his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "If there were those who were not aware of the Old Kami's hand in such things- they surely are now." Ishtar responded back, calmly. "Though I agree the necessity for further introductions is wise. At the very least it would be of benefit to know which of us are telepathic." After a brief pause, the Oni then added. "I am Ishtar. I look forward to meeting you in person, Namekian."
    This one he hears clearly. Another telepath like him then?

"And I as well," he says in reply. His voice is faint now. He is still not used to using his telepathy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Terrifyingly Strong, eh?" The Nevadian thought outloud in response, "Perhaps I should let discretion prevail and leave this planet to the earthlings to fend for?"

Unlikely.

While the Nevadian had no intention of dying for this planet, he had no intention of simply sitting idly by as it met it's fate. The previous time left a putrid taste in his mouth. If his skills were at all able to contribute to the saving of his home for the last three years, it would be shameful to simply tuck tail and run.

"Well, I guess that's a bit of a crass joke on my part." He said, letting his words linger a tad too long. 'My apologies."

He began consuming his meal at a ravenous rate, having expended more energy than he anticipated during the days training. His previous meal cut short by the meeting the team had earlier, did little to help him.

Still....

Willa was beyond his abilities, such as they were. He had no doubts he would likely have been defeated had the others--Chou, Chaun, and Zao Fan--not been present. But even then, he would not have went so far as to describe the woman's power as 'terrifying'

Immense, overpowering, and certainly worthy of what one would expect from the head of the Red Raiders.

This Namekian--Slak--seemed to consider Old Kami to be the stuff of nightmares.

"I'll be at your meeting. You know where to find me, apparently."

What on earth did he encounter?

Damnit.....I'll have to actually get back into gear if I want to do this thing....I guess my vacation truly has ended....
    This one he hears faintly. Not a telepath then. Sending his thought is easy. Hearing the thoughts of others, willfully pushed as they may be is hard. Still, he gets the gist of it.

"Thank you."

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    One of his allies from earlier spoke, presumably to everyone, concerning the matter of Old Kami, the Dragon Ball he possessed, and a potential exchanging of information.

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea, actually; on the off chance some may not be capable of understanding telepathy, I'll help you spread the word," Kai responds to Slak before effectively repeating Slak's message to those that appeared to have not received it.
    "Many thanks, friend."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    In the cafeteria, Meagan was at a table enjoying her vegetarian meal when she heard the telepathic broadcast from the Namekian. Though she wasn't sure if he could hear her, she decided to try anyway, closing her eyes and focusing on Slak, "At least we have a better idea of whom we are up against. Congratulations on surviving the encounter. Next time let it be him who does not survive."
    Not a telepathy as well, but Slak is able to identify Meagan's voice and the feeling in it.

"Than...ou...encouragement" His voice is faint, barely audible now.

He will need to practice his telepathy in the future.
    Last edited by Hazard; 01-28-2018 at 07:48 PM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

After waiting a bit longer--and falling asleep again--Totoma exited the tank. He'd... probably stayed in there too long, but recovery tanks were surprisingly relaxing. Well, duh, having it be unpleasant and stressing out the person inside would just make the process slower.

He looked around the room. He could see Jack in the tank directly across from him. He'd noticed him sparring with Sarada as he was carried off, and it seems she'd won. Given Jack's condition--similar to his own--that wasn't really a big surprise. Still, if he were a Saiyan, he'd definitely be well-known on Vacado. He tapped lightly on the glass and gave Jack a thumbs up.

He found his clothing on a nearby table, somewhat freshly washed and neatly folded. Karine's doing, he figured. He could have done it himself, but... hm, he'd have to do something nice for her later.

He grabbed his stuff and then walked out of the recovery room, still in his undies. He needed to head to the bathing area and...

...crap, he had no idea where anything was. Well, whatever, he'd just try everywhere until he found the baths and/or kitchen.

Methodically, he checked the rooms and, after a while, he found the bathing area. No one was in it. It'd be nice to have someone to talk to, but, eh... whatever.

Totoma placed his stuff in a storage area, stripped down completely, and then slid into the bath. As the warm water engulfed him, he sighed contentedly and slid in further, until only the top half of his head was above water. Ahhhh, this felt great.

...it occurred to him that he hadn't checked to see whether or not this bath was unisex or co-ed. That.. could be a problem. Ah well, if he was in the girls' bath and one of 'em walked in, he could just calmly explain himself. Surely they would understand.

Hell, Sarada probably wouldn't even care. Or she might just use it as a pretext to kill him. Karine... would probably get all flustered. She did that a lot. Especially around him.

Weird.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 01-28-2018 at 09:46 AM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.