Page 121 of 661 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221621 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    "I estimate a 70% chance of complete reconstruction. I am classified as an android, but I am designed to mimic organic cells using inorganic materials."
    "If she follows through with this, I'll help in reconstructing Midori. I helped in her initial construction, though by what Mr. Pantaloons revealed, I don't know everything about our construction. And since Midori and myself are so similar, you only need to do it to one of us." Shiro said.

Midori frowned as she thought, and after a minute or two she finally smiles and says "OK, let's do this. But you gotta promise to put everything back the way you found it and give us possible upgrades your 'dissection' and study of me may reveal possible."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Giving him a friendly smile, "It's Meagan, and yes we did travel here together. You are Held, correct?" She then turned to his friend, "I did not catch your name."
    "Indeed." He replied, nodding his head and affirmation.

"And that--" Held began to gesture to his friend, intent on introducing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    With his left hand and arm occupied, he put the chopsticks from his right hand up to his mouth to shake Meagan's hand. "Hewwopf! Ah'mhh Haoopffaanuh"

Seeing that Meagan was a tad confused, Zaofan released his jaw, causing the chopsticks to fall back to his right hand. "Sorry. I said my name is Zaofan. Pleasure to meet you, formally!"
    "...Well, nevermind." He said with a slight chuckle.

With his left hand and arm occupied, he put the chopsticks from his right hand up to his mouth to shake Meagan's hand. "Hewwopf! Ah'mhh Haoopffaanuh"

Seeing that Meagan was a tad confused, Zaofan released his jaw, causing the chopsticks to fall back to his right hand. "Sorry. I said my name is Zaofan. Pleasure to meet you, formally!"
    Taking his hand briefly, she nodded her head slightly in a greeting, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Zaofan." The stress of loneliness that Meagan had felt earlier was now starting to fade as she found herself finally getting to familiarize herself with more members of their impromptu enclave.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Indeed." He replied, nodding his head and affirmation.

"And that--" Held began to gesture to his friend, intent on introducing him.

"...Well, nevermind." He said with a slight chuckle.
    Meagan again smiled at his laughter, "Perhaps it was a fortunate near collision that it gave me the chance to get to know the both of you a little better."

Still dressed in a towel, Jack entered the bathing area with a pile of new clothes over one shoulder.

He caught sight of three (thankfully obscured) naked people, all of which he recognized. Jack quickly averted his eyes. He did not want to deal with this today, besides, why was there steam coming off the water? Steam coming off water was what happened when you made soup. Was this some sort of weird sayain food obsession thing? Where you...were....soup...for some reason? Was that why they named themselves after vegetables?

But then why was Karine there? And why would Jinzi make this place? And why did he keep hearing the word sleepover...and mating...and...and...

"Nope," Jack said aloud as he grabbed a bar of soap and backed out this strange place, "Nopenopenope....gonna go find a lake to bathe in, like a normal person..." he finished as he backed out of the bathing room, and headed towards the (artificial) wilderness to find an (artificial) natural body water. Hot water was weird...was that what people cleaned themselves with in the south? But it was already so hot out!

"Don't wanna make soup," he muttered as he left the bathing place.

: Chou noted Meagan and Zao being friends as he spoke up.:

“ Hello there. : Was warm and gentle and not hitting on her either. As he smiles.:

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post

“ Hello there. : Was warm and gentle and not hitting on her either. As he smiles.:
    "Oh, hello." Meagan took in his appearance, then smiled, "Chou, I believe, is that correct?"

“ Oh yes I am, and you are?” They we’re not on a plane so officially meeting aside the first greeting. As he looks to her.

“ You did cool tricks in the Geofront.”

“ Oh yes I am, and you are?” They we’re not on a plane so officially meeting aside the first greeting. As he looks to her.

“ You did cool tricks in the Geofront.”
    "Meagan Te'al, and thank you. I wouldn't call them tricks, but they are skills are I have been working on for several years."

Astonishing Member

Taking his hand briefly, she nodded her head slightly in a greeting, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Zaofan." The stress of loneliness that Meagan had felt earlier was now starting to fade as she found herself finally getting to familiarize herself with more members of their impromptu enclave.

"Well, looks like the gang is all here." Held said, nodding his head towards Chou as he arrived, "Well....Almost. I wonder where Chaun is..."

It had been awhile since The Nevadian had seen the earnest healer. Then again, in the chaos of everything, Held hardly had the luxury of discerning who and where everyone was in the midst of explosions rocking the training arena.

"Meagan Te'al, and thank you. I wouldn't call them tricks, but they are skills are I have been working on for several years."
    Well Miss Te’al, they are most impressive.

: He finishes his ramen.:

“ So are you from space too?”

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "If she follows through with this, I'll help in reconstructing Midori. I helped in her initial construction, though by what Mr. Pantaloons revealed, I don't know everything about our construction. And since Midori and myself are so similar, you only need to do it to one of us." Shiro said.

Midori frowned as she thought, and after a minute or two she finally smiles and says "OK, let's do this. But you gotta promise to put everything back the way you found it and give us possible upgrades your 'dissection' and study of me may reveal possible."
    "I would much rather do it to both of you, but I was informed consent is necessary." It leads them to a small workshop, similar to the one they had been scanned in. It's hands form into a variety of tools. "Only one of you wears garments, but both identify as 'female.' Explain."

Well Miss Te’al, they are most impressive.

: He finishes his ramen.:

“ So are you from space too?”

"From space? She nodded, "Yes, I am not of this planet. I come from the planet Chromkai and I'm here to train in order to become a strong warrior." Meagan then considered him, "Are you from this world?"

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    "I would much rather do it to both of you, but I was informed consent is necessary." It leads them to a small workshop, similar to the one they had been scanned in. It's hands form into a variety of tools. "Only one of you wears garments, but both identify as 'female.' Explain."
    Midori stared at the strange android as she asked "Huh? But Shiro's wearing 'garments'."

"I believe he was speaking of you." Shiro said, and blinking she said "Oh. But I am wearing 'garments', my jumpsuit." To better demonstrate what she meant, she grabbed the fabric over her chest and pulled on it.

"Besides that, we identify as 'female' because of our physical design, and that's the way our creator designated us." Shiro explained, Midori nodding in agreement.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She didn't know what to expect, but she wasn't expecting him to tell her to take days off from training. Something she had never done. The CTC had a full schedule of training. They didn't do the same thing everyday, but they did something. To actually take a day -- or several, as he suggested -- to do nothing but relaxing and possibly meditate was insanity. How was she supposed to get stronger by doing nothing?! It was impossible!

What the hell even was "relaxing"?

"Take days off to relax? Is that some kind of joke?!"
    Yep, exactly the reaction his mother had described.

"Not a joke. It's about... destressing yourself. Being physically, mentally, and spiritually stressed out all the time makes it difficult for some individuals to cultivate and channel their strength. Now..."

Hm, what example to give...

"...Earth is definitely a less stressful place than Vacado. It's a constant power struggle on Vacado, and just about everyone is constantly on guard or high alert. Now, every Saiyan enjoys battle, even halfies like me, but... that battle against the snow monsters... I bet you had more fun in that battle than you ever had at the CTC. It made you feel reinvigorated, right? None of the expectations of your parents or instructors weighing on your mind. No worrying about them judging you or your performance. Just you and a bunch of strangers versus a pair of monsters."

He grinned. "Compared to what you've no doubt been through, that life-or-death battle not so long ago was a relaxing vacation. And while I'm sure you've still got plenty of stress to work off, fighting simply for the pure joy of battle and for survival instead of others' expectations and desires allowed your power to grow by an amount that... frankly, was probably more than two or three years at the CTC for you."

"Think of it as a sort of metaphorical weight-training. Stress, in reasonable amounts, will make you stronger, but you've got to take off those weights--de-stress--in order to experience the full effect of your training. Ya see?"

Not the best metaphor, but... whatever.

He'd leave the talk about motivation and breaking limits and so on for later, assuming she didn't just blow him off. To be honest, he... was still digesting most of those teachings, himself.
    So, she was mistaken? From the sound of their exchange, it seemed that they were seeking privacy to mate, but apparently those words held a different meaning on Earth than on Vocado. They hadn't seen each other in a year and wanted to catch up; she understood that much. Not that she cared. They could fall off a cliff together for all she cared.

"Oh." If she planned on saying more, she decided against it in lieu of stretching out what was obviously an embarrassing topic of discussion for Karine.

Although...

Obscured by the steam, a mischievous smirk touched her lips. "So, I take it you already have a mate, then?" she asked Karine.
    Totoma shifted uncomfortably. It.. had occurred to him that Kari might have met someone in the past year. He was fine with that, but if she had, he'd really like to vet them. Make sure they weren't a scumbag or something. Maybe test their strength a bit, too.

Though, if she had met someone, she probably would have been traveling with them, he figured.

"Actually, yeah, met anyone yet, Kari? You didn't have to drag my bacon out of the fire for the past year, so you probably got a chance to do lots of things that you couldn't when I was around causing trouble," he said, with a grin that was... significantly less mischievous than Sarada's.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.