Page 122 of 661 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222622 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "From space? She nodded, "Yes, I am not of this planet. I come from the planet Chromkai and I'm here to train in order to become a strong warrior." Meagan then considered him, "Are you from this world?"
    Zaofan cut up one of the hard boiled egg slices with his chopsticks, then grabbed it along with a good portion of noodles. "Well, I am, at least. Home grown human right here. I used to think there'd be plenty on this world to see. And then I met these guys on that accursed cruise."

"It's amazing that you're from another world. Chrom...kai, was it? What is your planet like?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan cut up one of the hard boiled egg slices with his chopsticks, then grabbed it along with a good portion of noodles. "Well, I am, at least. Home grown human right here. I used to think there'd be plenty on this world to see. And then I met these guys on that accursed cruise."

"It's amazing that you're from another world. Chrom...kai, was it? What is your planet like?"
    Meagan's teal colored eyes suddenly went cold, something is hidden behind them that made her tense up. After a moment, she responds, "I do not wish to lie, so this is something that I do not wish to discuss. Forgive me for my reluctance."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Meagan's teal colored eyes suddenly went cold, something is hidden behind them that made her tense up. After a moment, she responds, "I do not wish to lie, so this is something that I do not wish to discuss. Forgive me for my reluctance."
    Respectfully, Zaofan took a small step back, and made sure to swallow before speaking. "Ah, my apologies. It seems that while everyone here is strong of heart, some may come from a place of trauma or discomfort." Zaofan then flashed back to his initial encounter with Ochazuke on the battlefield, how just a simple inquiry about his fighting style was enough to elicit an almost harmful response. It makes sense, given the number of warriors concentrated in one spot, and that those born of battle may not be coming from the best of experiences.

"I didn't mean to overstep any bounds. In any case, it's good to have you here -- not just on Earth, but with this motley crew."

After looking down to the floor, he tilted the saucer on his elbow towards Meagan one more time.

"...gyoza? There's one left."

Respectfully, Zaofan took a small step back, and made sure to swallow before speaking. "Ah, my apologies. It seems that while everyone here is strong of heart, some may come from a place of trauma or discomfort." Zaofan then flashed back to his initial encounter with Ochazuke on the battlefield, how just a simple inquiry about his fighting style was enough to elicit an almost harmful response. It makes sense, given the number of warriors concentrated in one spot, and that those born of battle may not be coming from the best of experiences.

"I didn't mean to overstep any bounds. In any case, it's good to have you here -- not just on Earth, but with this motley crew."

After looking down to the floor, he tilted the saucer on his elbow towards Meagan one more time.

She then smiled, held up a hand and shook her head no, "Thank you but I have already eaten. I assume it contains flesh? My people rarely consume flesh, we mostly live off of plants including fruits and vegetables."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah bowed, cupping one hand at her waist while raising the other above her head. She was game. Interacting with Erosa through physical and mental activity would reveal much about her as well, and perhaps forge a bond besides. Erosa was of course ill suited to winding conversations.

"Of course, how selfish of me. To question is to strive forward, but there are endless ways to strive. What do you have in mind?"

With a flick of her wrist, she summoned her orbs to rest at the tip of her finger, outstretched and pointing upwards. They settled into the formation of a gold and azure diamond shape, each orb clinking softly against the others as it found its spot. It looked as if the whole shape were balanced on her finger alone, and then it began spinning, like basketball players were sometimes wont to do. Just a little trick to get into the spirit of things..
    "Erosas favorite game....Hide and Seek!" Erosa exclaimed triumphantly. "Erosa and sister play hide and seek when we little. Erosa tell you rules...it real easy. One of us is the IT! One of us is the NOT IT!" Erosa paused to let asha'rah comprehend her explanation.

"The IT has to catch the NOT IT and beat them til they cry. The NOT IT has to hide until the IT gives up or a couple hours pass. NOT IT can also surprise IT and sneaky tag to win if they smart, but that risky since it only count if IT not see you coming. If NOT IT beats IT, they become IT next game. Same goes for last NOT IT not crying. If IT beat all NOT ITS, it get to stay dad for next game. You understand? Since you new, Erosa be IT this game and we set time limit for......30 minute. You hide or sneaky tag Erosa and you win, I beat robo monk lady til cry for mercy and Erosa win. If you no like pain make sure to cry quick so I forgive you."

Erosa nodded, rules now explained. "Sound fun?"

Astonishing Member

Held said nothing as the air stilled between the two for a moment. There was little the Nevadian would be able to do to diffuse the situation, and Zaofan had already apologized and attempted to make amends.

What a rough day...Between his blast and this, he's been having a hell of a time getting it right.

Not that the Nevadian could blame him. It was an innocent enough question, a mistake that even the most diplomatic of beings could make.

Still, what could be so bad on her planet that even discussing anything other than it exists causes that sort of reaction?

Astonishing Member

She then smiled, held up a hand and shook her head no, "Thank you but I have already eaten. I assume it contains flesh? My people rarely consume flesh, we mostly live off of plants including fruits and vegetables."
    "Well, I suppose I could take it for you." Held said, feigning reluctance, "I don't want Zaofan to feel rejected, after all."

In truth, he had hoped to eat the last Gyoza before he had noticed Megan, and given her reluctance to consume the hearty treat, the solemn duty fell to the Nevadian.

He took the last gyoza from the plate, stuffing it in his mouth with little fanfare.

"Yoof seef the thinggs I do four youth, Soifan?" He mumbled between chews.

“ Oh I am from Warth. Not human. Truth is, I have no idea what I am. Been classified as a “monster” before. If that means anything.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Yep, exactly the reaction his mother had described.

"Not a joke. It's about... destressing yourself. Being physically, mentally, and spiritually stressed out all the time makes it difficult for some individuals to cultivate and channel their strength. Now..."

Hm, what example to give...

"...Earth is definitely a less stressful place than Vacado. It's a constant power struggle on Vacado, and just about everyone is constantly on guard or high alert. Now, every Saiyan enjoys battle, even halfies like me, but... that battle against the snow monsters... I bet you had more fun in that battle than you ever had at the CTC. It made you feel reinvigorated, right? None of the expectations of your parents or instructors weighing on your mind. No worrying about them judging you or your performance. Just you and a bunch of strangers versus a pair of monsters."

He grinned. "Compared to what you've no doubt been through, that life-or-death battle not so long ago was a relaxing vacation. And while I'm sure you've still got plenty of stress to work off, fighting simply for the pure joy of battle and for survival instead of others' expectations and desires allowed your power to grow by an amount that... frankly, was probably more than two or three years at the CTC for you."

"Think of it as a sort of metaphorical weight-training. Stress, in reasonable amounts, will make you stronger, but you've got to take off those weights--de-stress--in order to experience the full effect of your training. Ya see?"

Not the best metaphor, but... whatever.

He'd leave the talk about motivation and breaking limits and so on for later, assuming she didn't just blow him off. To be honest, he... was still digesting most of those teachings, himself.
    It was absurd, insane, and completely contrary to everything had been taught, to everything she knew to be natural. And yet, it made sense? Sarada's power level only rose 40 points in six years of intense training, yet it rose close to 30, in her estimation, in a single day. It shouldn't have been possible, but not having all the pressure of having to live up to her mother's expectation, being expected to keep up with her sister, and having the specter of the meat market hanging over her head constantly allowed her to enjoy fighting for what it truly was.

****. She didn't want to agree with the mutt, but...

He was right.

Just thinking it made her want to hurl. She would die before she said it out loud.

"Fine," she consented eventually after heaving out a deep sigh. "I suppose I'll give your mother's method a try. If this doesn't work, your ass is going to get very acquainted with my foot."
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 01-29-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Midori stared at the strange android as she asked "Huh? But Shiro's wearing 'garments'."

"I believe he was speaking of you." Shiro said, and blinking she said "Oh. But I am wearing 'garments', my jumpsuit." To better demonstrate what she meant, she grabbed the fabric over her chest and pulled on it.

"Besides that, we identify as 'female' because of our physical design, and that's the way our creator designated us." Shiro explained, Midori nodding in agreement.
    "Design without purpose. Madness. Garments must be remove to avoid damage. Your bioenergy, how is it generated? How do you channel it?"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ Oh I am from Warth. Not human. Truth is, I have no idea what I am. Been classified as a “monster” before. If that means anything.
    "Hmm?" Held arched an eyebrow quizzically, "Where's that?"

The Nevadian was hardly familiar with every bit of the galaxy, but he knew his way--or knew of--a decent part of it. Chous explaining of what he was, and where he was from, was not something he had heard before.

"And I'm sure monster was a bit of an overstatement." Held said, "I've not seen you run around trying to eat the passengers on the capsule, for instance."

He turned to Megan.

"Wasn't there some business with some....Yeti, or something, on your end, trying to do just that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Hmm?" Held arched an eyebrow quizzically, "Where's that?"

The Nevadian was hardly familiar with every bit of the galaxy, but he knew his way--or knew of--a decent part of it. Chous explaining of what he was, and where he was from, was not something he had heard before.

"And I'm sure monster was a bit of an overstatement." Held said, "I've not seen you run around trying to eat the passengers on the capsule, for instance."

He turned to Megan.

"Wasn't there some business with some....Yeti, or something, on your end, trying to do just that?"
    "Yes, that was a difficult battle. The Yeti were very strong but they were only pawns. It was a shame we had to destroy them if they had not been incited to attack the villagers they might have lived their lives peacefully."

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    "Design without purpose. Madness. Garments must be remove to avoid damage. Your bioenergy, how is it generated? How do you channel it?"
    Midori gulped and began slipping off her jumpsuit as Shiro said "Our energy is generated from the same power cell that acts as our power source, and we channel it through specialized areas on our bodies."

"OK, I'm ready." Midori said, laying on one of the tables and twiddling her thumbs nervously, her jumpsuit resting on an unused one.

"I know I snickered when you said it earlier Shiro, but I'm serious. Please be gentle, it's my first time doing something like this." Midori said, and Shiro merely gave her what she hoped was a reassuring pat on the shoulder.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

“ I have my circus family to thank for my manners and not doing it. As a baby was found covered in wolf blood terrorizing a town.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It was absurd, insane, and completely contrary to everything had been taught, to everything she knew to be natural. And yet, it made sense? Sarada's power level only rose 40 points in six years of intense training, yet it rose close to 30, in her estimation, in a single day. It shouldn't have been possible, but not having all the pressure of having to live up to her mother's expectation, being expected to keep up with her sister, and having the specter of the meat market hanging over her head constantly allowed her to enjoy fighting for what it truly was.

****. She didn't want to agree with the mutt, but...

He was right.

Just thinking it made her want to hurl. She would die before she said it out loud.

"Fine," she consented eventually after heaving out a deep sigh. "I suppose I'll give your mother's method a try. If this doesn't work, your ass is going to get very acquainted with my foot."
    Totoma gave Sarada a thumbs-up. "You won't be disappointed. Though... in your case, I think just being away from Vacado might be enough to jump-start your growth. I'll be rooting for you."

He meant that too. He was the son of perhaps the ultimate underdog, and an underdog himself. Even if she hated his guts and he... wasn't overly fond of her in return, he still shared his mother's dislike of earnest effort going unrewarded.

Though, it occurred to him that what he just said might very well be the first words of encouragement she had ever received from another Saiyan, even if the guy saying them was just a "mutt". Actually, him being a mutt might make that encouragement a bit bittersweet... or just meaningless.

Still, while he wanted her to succeed, his intentions weren't entirely noble. His mother had a... theory about rivalries, friendly or otherwise. She believed that having a proper rival, especially for Saiyans, could lead to tremendous growth. He wanted to test that theory. Or rather, test it more.

When he was a boy, it wouldn't have been wrong to say that his mother was his rival. Their relationship hadn't been antagonistic, of course, but equaling and, perhaps, surpassing her had been one of his biggest goals. And his mother herself had seemed excited at that prospect, saying that she'd finally have a trustworthy sparring partner once he'd caught up... and that the fun would really begin once they could go all-out with each other.

....come to think of it, even 'healthy' Saiyan parent-child relationships were weird by Earthling standards. Like... seriously, a mother and son that get giddy at the thought of beating each other up for fun and profit? There was no malice, of course, but it would... certainly turn heads here on Earth.

In any case, Sarada would serve as a suitable rival for him. She would no doubt want to stay ahead of the 'filthy mutt', thus giving her further motivation to get stronger, and he... well, he would want to prove that halfbreeds were just as capable as full Saiyans. Maybe even more capable, under the right circumstances.

A small smile teased the edges of his mouth. This would be so much fun! The training and battles to come... it got his blood pumping and stirred his long-dormant Saiyan spirit.

"So.. any progress on developing that long-ranged attack you wanted? Surely you must have been inspired by that attempted team-killing," asked Totoma, leaning back.

He would offer to teach her, but he doubted that her pride would allow her to accept help from a mutt... at least for now.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.