Page 128 of 661 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228628 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    The next day rolls around, and early in the morning, as people wake up in this new place for the first time, they find Jinzi has prepared an exemplary breakfast for them all. In fact, he's even in the kitchen, wearing a loose fitting jogging suit looking thing with an apron on saying Kiss the Scientist on it. Pancakes, waffles, french toast, cereal, toast, muffins, bacon, etc....all laid out in plates and bowls, waiting, with a dozen different juices and drinks to have as well.

Sitting near by him at a table, cup of tea in hand, is Kami. The young woman, some recognize her and some only recognize the faint aura of her power, seems tired and drained, though a faint smile plays on her lips as she observes Jinzi moving around at a manic pace to keep cooking.

Jinzi, when he sees you walking into the kitchen area, hails you and says:

"Please, come, eat! I have prepared enough for all, even our ravenous saiyan blooded friends and Zaofan! It seems we have a guest as well.", he says, gesturing to Kami, who waves slightly, still observing his frantic moves wit ha faint grin. She seems......more human, in this moment, than before, and younger than her hundreds of years.
    Midori and Shiro walked into the dining area and blinked, not at the sight of Jinzi's manic cooking (having realized the man was very eccentric yesterday), but the cyborg woman sitting at the dining table with a cup of tea.

Midori recovered quickly, giving a bright smile as she waved back and said "Hello guest! My name is Midori," she motioned to her paper-white sister, who was still studying the new person, and continued "this is my sister Shiro, and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Hello." Shiro said simply, unsure of what to make of the strange new woman. Midori, greetings properly made, walked over to the table and began filling a plate with french toast, wanting to get as much as she could before the combined forces of Erosa and the two people with tails came in like a gluttonous hurricane. Erosa had already almost taken a bite of her once, and she doubted the other two would hesitate at eating her along with any food nearby.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Kami smile at them as they enter.

“Indeed, Koorimaru. Once breakfast is over, the story shall all come out and all shall be on the same page. From there we can start planning.”

She looks at Midori and Shiro and bows her head in return.

“A pleasure to meet you both personally. I do not recall my real name anymore, but I am called Kami by some.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Entering the dinning area, Meagan had two inital reactions, "Jinzi Pantaloon, are you not wealthy enough to hire staff to do the cooking? Not that it doesn't smell very enticing."

Then, "Lady Kami, I presume? It is an honor to see you in person." she said that with a polite bow.

With greetings performed, she mad her way to the food. Pancakes, fruit and a few other items that would satisify her dietary needs, neatly placed on a plate along with a galss of a red colored juice she had not seen before but that smelled sweet.

With the food, she made sure to find a place far from the chaos so that she might eat in a certain amout of peace.
    Kami bows back while Jinzi just waves.

“I could, but I like cooking. Besides, I couldn’t sleep and figured this would be nice. But of the home touch.”

Kami actually rolls her eyes at Jinzi and shakes her head a bit in dismay.

“You push yourself too hard, Jinzi. A full week without sleep would kill a lesser man.”

Jinzi, again, waves it off as he keeps cooking.

“I’ll sleep when I’m dead, dear Kami. Until then there are things to do.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The next day rolls around, and early in the morning, as people wake up in this new place for the first time, they find Jinzi has prepared an exemplary breakfast for them all. In fact, he's even in the kitchen, wearing a loose fitting jogging suit looking thing with an apron on saying Kiss the Scientist on it. Pancakes, waffles, french toast, cereal, toast, muffins, bacon, etc....all laid out in plates and bowls, waiting, with a dozen different juices and drinks to have as well.
    Judging from the delicious morning smell of sweet and savory, Zaofan quickly entered the cafeteria.

Sitting near by him at a table, cup of tea in hand, is Kami. The young woman, some recognize her and some only recognize the faint aura of her power, seems tired and drained, though a faint smile plays on her lips as she observes Jinzi moving around at a manic pace to keep cooking.

"Please, come, eat! I have prepared enough for all, even our ravenous saiyan blooded friends and Zaofan!
    Everyone turned to the buffet and saw Zaofan juggling five plates, and with food and a fork already in his mouth while still piling even more onto his plate(s). Struck by the silence, he turned to the crowd, his lips perched with the fork, his eyes wide, an awkward, embarrassed smile off the corner of his lips. Everyone turned their attention back to Mr. Pantaloon.

It seems we have a guest as well.", he says, gesturing to Kami, who waves slightly, still observing his frantic moves wit ha faint grin. She seems......more human, in this moment, than before, and younger than her hundreds of years.
    Smooth, Zao. All this excess should not be taken for granted, though Mr. Pantaloon really outdid himself this time! AND HE CAN COOK!

Well, I should greet Kami once I put all this food down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    With greetings performed, she mad her way to the food. Pancakes, fruit and a few other items that would satisify her dietary needs, neatly placed on a plate along with a galss of a red colored juice she had not seen before but that smelled sweet.
    Zaofan chewed and swallowed the meaty sausages that were already in his mouth, and placed the fork on the plate. "Ah, good morning, Meagan! How do you do?"

"I must say, your bukujutsu training was most useful. I feel so... enlightened. Hah hah, get it? It's a pun!"

With the greetings over, Zaofan bowed and prioritized getting his seat at the table. "If you'll excuse me, there's food to be had. I assure you, I'll keep up my training!"

With the food, she made sure to find a place far from the chaos so that she might eat in a certain amout of peace.
    Zaofan chose his seat at the table and placed his plates down. Pouring himself a cup of hot tea, and assembling a saucer of assorted fruit, he walked over to Kami, and bowed. "Good day to you, mighty Kami. You are looking... well, honestly, I do not know what a Kami should look like. But please, accept this offering as a token of my appreciation for your presence." He noticed that Koorimaru also had Kami's attention, and respectfully stepped back. "With all this attention, I assume that we will all be briefed shortly. I will leave you two alone, but I look forward to our meeting."

Kami grins a bit as Jinzi waves back at people as they come in. She smiles politely at Zaofan.

“My thanks.”, as she takes the tea and fruit.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Kami smile at them as they enter.

“Indeed, Koorimaru. Once breakfast is over, the story shall all come out and all shall be on the same page. From there we can start planning.”

She looks at Midori and Shiro and bows her head in return.

“A pleasure to meet you both personally. I do not recall my real name anymore, but I am called Kami by some.”
    "Kami? So 'God' is a cyborg?" Shiro asked, and Midori questioned "If you're Kami, then can you tell me point of corn and rutabagas? I don't know and it's been bothering me."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Astonishing Member

OT: I am all caught up now, and I have to say I am pleased beyond measure. You all have done a good bit of RPing and I Think it has really flushed out some of your characters. Well done, all of you.

For the moment, I am going to fast track us to the next day, but please, feel free to Time Warp your posts to continue your conversations.

IC:

Held trudged slowly into the kitchen, a combination of grogginess, exhaustion, and never having been one for early mornings in the first place. The healing chamber had done its part to heal his body after his harsh--and foolish--training, but it could do nothing to stave off hunger. The Nevadian had attempted to ignore it in his bed, but eventually the hunger pains became too great, and at last, he relented.

He looked at Jinzi through half opened eyes, saying nothing, save for an inaudible mumble of thanks, as he searched for a drink. Or four, as he placed all manner of liquids, juice, tea, coffee, and wine, on his end of the table.

Two plates, stacks upon stacks of meat and pastries, and fruit followed shortly after, landing on the table with an unceremonious thud.

He groaned as he sat down, finally, prepared to make something resembling an actual greeting.

"Thanks. Morning." He said simply, taking deep breaths as he tried to rouse himself.

"Please, come, eat! I have prepared enough for all, even our ravenous saiyan blooded friends and Zaofan! It seems we have a guest as well.", he says, gesturing to Kami, who waves slightly, still observing his frantic moves wit ha faint grin. She seems......more human, in this moment, than before, and younger than her hundreds of years.
    Held was silent, the cogs of his mind still slowly placing the face, with the faintest traces of the aura he had examined so thoroughly not even a day before. It might have taken a moment, even in a more functional state, the woman being so much less than she was then, being so different.

"....Kami?" Held asked, his surprise exceeding his exhaustion, as he looked her over in person for the first time, through a discerning eye.

"...You seem much less...." He searched for the word.

She looked positively ordinary. While the Nevadian considered to be attractive, certainly, he would never have taken her for a bastion of power, or for the guardian of the world, any more than he would have taken the hostess on The Capsule Of The World, for a Saiyan Elite.

"....Kami, than I would have expected."

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "Kami? So 'God' is a cyborg?" Shiro asked, and Midori questioned "If you're Kami, then can you tell me point of corn and rutabagas? I don't know and it's been bothering me."
    She shrugs.

“Some truths are beyond even me, Midori. And please, it’s just a title. I’m no real deity. Merely a guardian.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held trudged slowly into the kitchen, a combination of grogginess, exhaustion, and never having been one for early mornings in the first place. The healing chamber had done its part to heal his body after his harsh--and foolish--training, but it could do nothing to stave off hunger. The Nevadian had attempted to ignore it in his bed, but eventually the hunger pains became too great, and at last, he relented.

He looked at Jinzi through half opened eyes, saying nothing, save for an inaudible mumble of thanks, as he searched for a drink. Or four, as he placed all manner of liquids, juice, tea, coffee, and wine, on his end of the table.

Two plates, stacks upon stacks of meat and pastries, and fruit followed shortly after, landing on the table with an unceremonious thud.

He groaned as he sat down, finally, prepared to make something resembling an actual greeting.

"Thanks. Morning." He said simply, taking deep breaths as he tried to rouse himself.

Held was silent, the cogs of his mind still slowly placing the face, with the faintest traces of the aura he had examined so thoroughly not even a day before. It might have taken a moment, even in a more functional state, the woman being so much less than she was then, being so different.

"....Kami?" Held asked, his surprise exceeding his exhaustion, as he looked her over in person for the first time, through a discerning eye.

"...You seem much less...." He searched for the word.

She looked positively ordinary. While the Nevadian considered to be attractive, certainly, he would never have taken her for a bastion of power, or for the guardian of the world, any more than he would have taken the hostess on The Capsule Of The World, for a Saiyan Elite.

"....Kami, than I would have expected."
    She laughs. A beautiful sound, her bell like laughter, and she shakes her head and smiles at him.

“An honest truth, Held, thank you. I would hate to think myself some grandiose and pompous kai, to be honest.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

She laughs. A beautiful sound, her bell like laughter, and she shakes her head and smiles at him.

“An honest truth, Held, thank you. I would hate to think myself some grandiose and pompous kai, to be honest.”
    Held returned the smile, slightly, before taking a swig of his coffee.

It was black, with no hint of sweetness of any kind. As the day progressed, the Nevadian tended to prefer sugar and cream, but for the mornings, the sheer bitterness of black coffee had always helped wake him up.

Because it tasted horrible to him as he gulped it down.

He let out a grunt of displeasure as he put the cup on the table.

"Still....I guess you were serious when you said you expended alot of your energy, huh?"

He rubbed his eyes slightly, getting what little remnants of sleep remained from them.

"Yesterday, when I read your aura after finding the dragon ball, it was positively overwhelming. I found it hard to believe when you had to radio us, due to using so much power."

Then again, who knows what it takes to possess someone like Chou from whatever distance....She certainly couldn't have been that close in the middle of the sea...

"But, seeing it for myself, I guess I can't deny it."

He sighed, taking another swig of coffee.

"Forgive me. I'm hardly at my best." He continued, realizing his absolute lack of manners.

"Let's try that again...."

He shook the cobwebs from his mind, the gears in his head turning slightly faster.

"It's a pleasure to meet you in person."

Slak is not expecting to find this planet's guardian upon entering the cafeteria, yet finds her he does. At least, if the reactions from the others are any indication.

"It is an honor to meet this planet's guardian," He says, bowing slightly. Koorimaru is already there. Slak hears him mention the meeting they had discussed and is pleased by Kami's answer. It will be most helpful if they can finally put everything on the table.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Kabuto cocked his head to one side with a sudden jerk, an unnatural motion compared to the slow head movements that humans were used to. He seemed to be sizing Kai up.

"Uhh...huh. You want me to show you how to fight? I'm not a professional trainer, but...sure, I mean...don't you know how to fight already? I kinda assumed everyone here did."

It didn't escape his notice that Kai had not affirmed his race. He couldn't fathom this odd request, and he wasn't sure whether Kai would be able to keep up with him physically. Most races didn't, but if he was right about Kai...

"Well, I don't know if your body iz capable of doing what mine iz, or how good you are at fighting already. But hey, why don't you show me what you got first, and we can go from there?"
    "To be honest, while I believe I can use my abilities well enough, I know just enough about fighting- the martial, physical sort that something like the upcoming tournament expects- to know the only winning move for me in such a situation is not to try."

Kai forms a small barrier in the palm of his hand, then continues.

"Something that the abilities I do have seem well suited for. For example, I can protect myself and others with barriers like this. Well, larger ones than this, obviously, but similar to this. I can use my own energy- ki, I believe its called- to heal myself or others who may be injured." The barrier in his hand finds itself suddenly bereft its creator as Kai disappears, reappearing about ten feet away from where he stood. "I can teleport myself, bringing objects or even other people with me. But perhaps most relevant to the matter of my inability to fight, I can move things without having to touch them."

From one of the trees in the distance, an apple seemingly detaches itself and floats towards Kabuto.

"Physical objects like this apple,"

Once the apple entered the very periphery of Kabuto's reach, it began to hover in place.

"things made of ki or other energies, like my barrier,"

The freely floating barrier moved towards the apple, allowing it to enter unimpeded. Once the barrier completely enclosed the apple, it stopped and the apple fell to its bottom. A gentle breeze began to blow from the east, and Kai's next words came from yet another direction, even as Kai himself remained where he was.

"even things that one may not normally consider, like sounds or the wind, move in this way as I will them to."

Both barrier and breeze ceased, and the apple no longer held aloft by his will began to descend, falling halfway to the ground before landing into Kai's now present hand.

"Until now, I've not had a reason to learn to properly fight, figuring I could use some combination of what I have to deal with any situation that could possibly come up. But given what we do and don't know about those we supposedly are soon to face against, it could be a potentially fatal error to not pick up any useful skill one can, much less something as important as knowing how to defend yourself in a situation where you potentially have nothing else. I have something that may let me keep up with the rest of you, but what I seek is something that'll let me at least struggle when otherwise I have nothing."

"Hmm...intriguing idea. I think something like that could work, especially if this barrier is unique. How long can a barrier last and do you have to be near it to maintain it?"
    "While I need to be close to a created barrier to modify its properties, distance has yet to prove itself a barrier to maintaining one," Kai said, somehow not even noticing the pun as he described what he knew of his kekkai. "As far as anyone's been able to tell, what energy I put into creating or maintaining a barrier simply disappears from me, simultaneously reappearing at the desired location in a manner similar to teleportation. Things may potentially change once I figure ki out, but for now the barriers I make currently only last as long as my awareness of them does, disappearing entirely if some measure of focus on them isn't kept and otherwise weakening if I get distracted."
    This signature intentionally left blank.

"How utterly fascinating. I would surmise Kami's divine energy touched yours, somehow, and the two reacted together. which is strange, because that shouldn't happen unless you, yourself, had a certain level of divine energy inside you. Curious. Are you aware of any such energy, Asha'rah?"
    Her own divine energy. The concept seemed at once strange and familiar to Asha'rah. She was an anomaly - a robot with no known creator, young as a human yet older than Kami, a monk yet a shaper in the stars.

"After I awoke many years ago, I lived in temples with the monks of Kame. I trained with them, learned to access ki of a sort, and found my center. It felt divine." She said wistfully, remembering those days of simple metaphorical sweat and achievement. "Beyond that, any musings of divinity seem presumptuous of me. I have vague memories of being out there among the stars, playing a larger role than I am able to now. Perhaps whoever created me had some divine spark in them."

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "GAO!" Erosa charged into the room, sniffing the air violently and then letting her mouth hang at the fight of the food. Etrina followed in quickly after, looking like she hadn't sleept much at all the night before and still towing the vitamancers urn with some very obvious additions to the casing.

"*Yawn*....Good Morning Jinzi." Etrina mumbled, almost oblivious of kamis presence due to her lack of sleep. "Prepare a spot at the table for me Erosa...*yaaawn*.....I'll be there in a moment."

Taking this request at its most literal, Erosa started clearing a table off....directly into her mouth.
    "Somehow," Kai said as he quickly acts to prevent a potential repeat of yesterday, using a combination of telekinesis and barriers to bring some semblance of order to a potential disaster in the making. "I don't think that's quite what she meant."
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Judging from the delicious morning smell of sweet and savory, Zaofan quickly entered the cafeteria.

Everyone turned to the buffet and saw Zaofan juggling five plates, and with food and a fork already in his mouth while still piling even more onto his plate(s). Struck by the silence, he turned to the crowd, his lips perched with the fork, his eyes wide, an awkward, embarrassed smile off the corner of his lips. Everyone turned their attention back to Mr. Pantaloon.

Smooth, Zao. All this excess should not be taken for granted, though Mr. Pantaloon really outdid himself this time! AND HE CAN COOK!

Well, I should greet Kami once I put all this food down.

Zaofan chewed and swallowed the meaty sausages that were already in his mouth, and placed the fork on the plate. "Ah, good morning, Meagan! How do you do?"

"I must say, your bukujutsu training was most useful. I feel so... enlightened. Hah hah, get it? It's a pun!"

With the greetings over, Zaofan bowed and prioritized getting his seat at the table. "If you'll excuse me, there's food to be had. I assure you, I'll keep up my training!"

Zaofan chose his seat at the table and placed his plates down. Pouring himself a cup of hot tea, and assembling a saucer of assorted fruit, he walked over to Kami, and bowed. "Good day to you, mighty Kami. You are looking... well, honestly, I do not know what a Kami should look like. But please, accept this offering as a token of my appreciation for your presence." He noticed that Koorimaru also had Kami's attention, and respectfully stepped back. "With all this attention, I assume that we will all be briefed shortly. I will leave you two alone, but I look forward to our meeting."
    "I am glad to see that the training has given you a new perspective on life." Meagan smiled back st him, "If you run into any problems with your practice sessions, I am willing to assist."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.