Page 133 of 661 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233633 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 9901

"Come on Erosa, don't you want to share my french toast and maple syrup with me?" Midori asked, her come-hither look still firmly in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    "No, far from it. He was merely the Guardian before me, and is very much mortal, like I."
    “At his height? A few thousand. His magic made him more dangerous though, as he knew many spells. I and my companions barely stopped him last time. He is diminished now, though.”
    Seeing her sister distracted with whatever she was doing to get Erosa off the table, Shiro said "I am glad that our enemy is not actual divinity, but your talk of his strength still leaves me worried."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Meagan listened to the conversations quietly as she finished her meal. There was not much she was ready to ask, at least not yet. This whole situation felt strange, even off somehow but her mind couldn't quite place the source for her gut's unease.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Another blank look was given in response.

He was surprised by the simplicity, the earnestness of the request.

While there had been many a task he expected to be called upon during his time at Capsule Corp--No, during the campaign to save the world from the clutches of the previous Kami...

Helping someone program music was not entirely what he had anticipated.

I guess she truly is from another world.....I would expect children on my planet to be able to program that sort of thing while half asleep

"I'll help you." He explained, palm slightly outstretched in her direction, "But that's not really the sort of thing people charge others for, you know."

He tilted his head to the side, considering something.

"...Well, I guess some people do, but they're generally classified as 'jerks' or something less polite."
    Ishtar smiled softly, before shaking her head.

"I believe you misunderstand, Held. It is not out of some ... misgiving of your nature or the nature of the others here. Perhaps only one of you has crossed into territory I would consider such a thing as 'rude' ... No." She took a sip of her coffee- more to acquaint herself with the taste of it than for its nourishment- before shaking her head once more.

"No.

It is simply for the sake of balance. Ephemeral as you may be, I would not wish to tax a budding friendship with what necessitates a want, not a need." Ishtar shrugged then, before flashing a small smile. "If such a request does not tax that- or you- one supposes I can forgo my desire to provide compensation for the time being."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

“Indeed. Always a talker, Sasheem.”
    Sasheem ignored Kami, continuing to devour breakfast food, tbis time a basket full of danish. Then, a thought accursed to him. Kami were supposed to be powerful, right? From what Sasheem understood that sounded accurate anyway.

Perhaps she had the means to free him...but would she? If this Kami was so altruistic and good and knew of his...'adventures' in the past then there's no way she'd agree to letting him free. But...what if the defeat of the Old Kami called for it? It was worth a shot at least.

Sasheem glanced towards Kami again and pointed at the toilet, particularly it's damaged section. "...B...break?" He asked.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem ignored Kami, continuing to devour breakfast food, tbis time a basket full of danish. Then, a thought accursed to him. Kami were supposed to be powerful, right? From what Sasheem understood that sounded accurate anyway.

Perhaps she had the means to free him...but would she? If this Kami was so altruistic and good and knew of his...'adventures' in the past then there's no way she'd agree to letting him free. But...what if the defeat of the Old Kami called for it? It was worth a shot at least.

Sasheem glanced towards Kami again and pointed at the toilet, particularly it's damaged section. "...B...break?" He asked.
    : Chou noted the toilet Majon as he spoke. “ After everything today. I may take a crack at it. I will strike as hard as I can.”

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack walked into the breakfast scene a bit later than most of his compatriots, having broken his own fast with the remainder of the fish he had harvested the night before. He had killed them after all it would be a shame to waste them as well.

He took a seat next to Sarada and had just about to bite into an apple when he noticed that Kami was there as well. He had bit into his own hand instead.

"Yow!...Er....good morning!" He said shaking his smarting hand. "Almost didn't recognize you...you look less," Hack did not know how to put it. Less powerful? More human?

"...Yeah..."
    The haze of the delicious coffee cake faded enough for her to notice that Jack was sitting next to her. "Hey, feeling up to another spar later on?" she asked him. "We've both gotten stronger since yesterday."

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    He noticed Jinzi and gave him his usual wave-salute... thing. "Hey, Jinzi. Mind if I make a weird request?"

He scratched his chin and then continued: "...would it be possible for you to make a button that makes muffins? A muffin button?"
    The mutt arrived, looking a little more sluggish than he did yesterday. To be fair, she hadn't met him until after he had already been out and about, so he may not have been a morning person. Most saiyans weren't.

She wanted to ignore his existence -- she had been nice enough to him last night to excuse her being rightfully dickish to him for the next few weeks -- but he asked something of Jinzi that blew her mind.

A button... that made muffins? Was such a thing possible?

She licked her lips and snatched up a nearby muffin and gobbled it up. Mmmm. A button that made muffins whenever she wanted was revolutionary. It would, no hyperbole, change everything.

"Make me one, too!"
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 01-30-2018 at 07:58 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The haze of the delicious coffee cake faded enough for her to notice that Jack was sitting next to her. "Hey, feeling up to another spar later on?" she asked him. "We've both gotten stronger since yesterday."
    : He notes them.: “ Hey Sayian, I would love to spar too. Not my first time. Not plan on being my last.” He only sparred Zaofan and it was cut short.: “ We need to mix it up, see strengths and weaknesses of each other. Otherwise it is just violent flirting”

“ Or Sayian foreplay.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    : Chou noted the toilet Majon as he spoke. “ After everything today. I may take a crack at it. I will strike as hard as I can.”
    To this, Sasheem turned to the human with a lizard tale and fave a nod of thabks, his mouth currently still full of food.

Really, he'd take up anyone's offer to free him from the damn thing at this point.

It was difficult to feel anything other than general indifference when it came to the situation he had placed in. He was excited to fight and train, yes, but aside from combat, he had no stakes in this situation; a situation that seemed to differ with a few of the others here. Had his master sent him here to act as a representative of the Dino school, or did his grandmother have more of a connection with those in higher places than he'd thought?

Whatever, he thought. Charco would take advantage of the situation and leave the dramatics to those who had the drama.

"So, what's the plan? More gravity training? I'm down with that, but I think it might be more beneficial to have me train by myself considering...well...yesterday."

Retired Overlord

She wasn't completely sure how, but Erosa eventually tracked her down. One by one, the measures she put in place to throw Erosa off the scent fell, her keen sense of smell seemingly undeterred by mere soil. Wild or not, primal or not, there was still a human brain guiding the girl's actions. Eventually, with just a minute or two left, Erosa arrived, searching the branches for an invisible prey. It was only through luck that Erosa hadn't bumped into her yet. Perhaps she could wait it out, run out the clock for a win. Perhaps she could use her orbs as a distraction, sending her hunter off in the wrong direction, or making her hunter turn her back so Asha'rah could tag her from behind. These were all reasonable options to try for an easy victory.

Asha'rah wasn't interested in easy. Here, the harder path was worthwhile. Floating back down to the ground, she set her orbs gently aside, then cast off her illusion, revealing herself to Erosa. To "IT". She spread her arms, palms outward, and passively awaited her fate.

She couldn't cry, but this was probably going to hurt.
    Landing in a cloud of dust, Erosa eyed the surrendering Asha'rah curiously for a moment. "Eh....You do good. Why you stand around now? You mock Erosa?"

With overwhelmingly violent force, Erosa slammed her hand into her palm. "No matter....You Tagged now. Grit robo teeth and prepare for punishment time." Then, in a brust of inhuman speed she appeared within striking distance....reached back with her hitting arm....

....and forehead flicked Asha'rah right between the eyes.

Oh the one hand, it seemed as if she had held back quite a bit with her delivery of punishment.
    Oh the other the force in that one flick was no joke...

Punishment delivered, she cross her arms and stared at Asha as if waiting for something.

Watching the girl crawl across the table, Midori frowned in thought before an idea came to her, one she'd learned the previous night while watching TV since neither she nor Shiro needed sleep.

"Hey Erosa, why don't you come over sit with me and share my french toast and maple syrup with me?" Midori asked, giving Erosa the best come-hither look she possibly could, hoping to get the girl off the table and giving the woman who called herself 'God' a bad impression.
    "You share with Erosa?" Erosa turned, her expression brightening as she rolled off the table and bounced over. "Erosa like sweet toast with sticky fluid......4th among all breakfast foods. You give Erosa sweet toast?"

"I hope so as well. The tides of the future are...not easily ridden. As to the Vitalmancer, I decided to leave the urn with young Etrina instead. She seemed most adamant about being able to strengthen the seal with her magics."
    Ishtar nodded once.

"Yes, with restrictions of course. Perhaps offer him freedom in exchange for the knowledge, provided he fulfills what is both asked of him, and needed for his reformation." She took a sip of her water before continuing to explain. "He was powerful, despite being weak from his confinement, and was restored by the Old Guardian. He may be of use."

After a pause she then adds,

"If he fails to comply, or chooses to break the pact if it is formed. I will kill him myself."
    ".......Stop deciding things on your own."

Etrinas voice cut into the conversation. She was holding the urn tightly, staring at them out of the corner of her sleepless eyes.

"There is no knowledge he has that would be of any use to anyone less you wish to suck the life out of someone. His imprisonment is my responsibility. You don't get to decide what happens to him.....I...." Etrina bit her lip, and pushed her chair as she got up. ".....I'm sorry.....Mister Jinzi, May I have some breakfast delivered to my room. I still have work to do...." She turned to leave, urn in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "You share with Erosa?" Erosa turned, her expression brightening as she rolled off the table and bounced over. "Erosa like sweet toast with sticky fluid......4th among all breakfast foods. You give Erosa sweet toast?"
    "Of course Erosa. Come and have a seat and enjoy it with me." Midori said with a bright smile, motioning to her plate of 'sweet toast with sticky fluid' as Erosa called it.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    ".......Stop deciding things on your own."

Etrinas voice cut into the conversation. She was holding the urn tightly, staring at them out of the corner of her sleepless eyes.

"There is no knowledge he has that would be of any use to anyone less you wish to suck the life out of someone. His imprisonment is my responsibility. You don't get to decide what happens to him.....I...." Etrina bit her lip, and pushed her chair as she got up. ".....I'm sorry.....Mister Jinzi, May I have some breakfast delivered to my room. I still have work to do...." She turned to leave, urn in tow.
    A flicker of something, self-interest perhaps ?

Ishtar watched the woman move to leave, before slipped into her mind. "Should he deviate from the arrangement and attempt to hurt other individuals ? He will die. It was what would have happened had he not fled back to his prison. What is more, he also showcased more than simply siphoning life energy. Something I am versed in besides- with plant life. Such a thing does not interest me." There was silence on the mental 'line', before Ishtar's thoughts rang through once more.

"So tell me Etrina, what purpose do you intend for the mage ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "Of course Erosa. Come and have a seat and enjoy it with me." Midori said with a bright smile, motioning to her plate of 'sweet toast with sticky fluid' as Erosa called it.
    "Ok." Erosa flopped down onto the seat ackwardly. Then reached over and lifted the plate of toast and prepared to toss the whole lot into her mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    It was difficult to feel anything other than general indifference when it came to the situation he had placed in. He was excited to fight and train, yes, but aside from combat, he had no stakes in this situation; a situation that seemed to differ with a few of the others here. Had his master sent him here to act as a representative of the Dino school, or did his grandmother have more of a connection with those in higher places than he'd thought?

Whatever, he thought. Charco would take advantage of the situation and leave the dramatics to those who had the drama.

"So, what's the plan? More gravity training? I'm down with that, but I think it might be more beneficial to have me train by myself considering...well...yesterday."
    Considering... yesterday? Aha, didn't take long to find you. Totoma quickly downed the pancakes he had been chewing on and washed it down with a full glass of milk.

"Nice job with that ki blast," said Totoma, giving charco a sidelong glance. "Got to see it work up close, and... something seemed strange about it from the little I could see before I got annihilated. What's the trick?"

If he weren't a Saiyan, he would definitely be in a much more sour mood. That wasn't the case, though, and he'd gotten a bit of extra power out of it. Not much, but every bit helped.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar smiled softly, before shaking her head.

"I believe you misunderstand, Held. It is not out of some ... misgiving of your nature or the nature of the others here. Perhaps only one of you has crossed into territory I would consider such a thing as 'rude' ... No." She took a sip of her coffee- more to acquaint herself with the taste of it than for its nourishment- before shaking her head once more.

"No.

It is simply for the sake of balance. Ephemeral as you may be, I would not wish to tax a budding friendship with what necessitates a want, not a need." Ishtar shrugged then, before flashing a small smile. "If such a request does not tax that- or you- one supposes I can forgo my desire to provide compensation for the time being."
    He smirked slightly, wiping his mouth with a napkin as he finished his plate.

"I think I understand what you mean now.... but I feel fairly certain that I won't mind."

He placed the napkin over the silverware, licking his lips lightly, before drinking the remainder of his coffee.

I have to hand it to Jinzi, he's one hell of a cook.

"When you think about it, given we're supposed to be fighting side by side against a great evil, or something.."

I wonder just how formidable this guy is supposed to be, come to think of it...I should talk with Slak later....

He laughed slightly, rubbing the back of his head.

" This is a pretty minor request in the grand scheme of things, isn't it? It'd take more effort for me to find a reason not to agree."